PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For beating the Bills! Now we got even a bigger lead!

Think Seattle gets back Bennett and Kam for next weeks game.

Thank you Richard Sherman for showing me how to defend against scrambling QB's i.e. Hit the receivers when the QB is out of the pocket. Some may call it dirty, but I think it was smart.

Thank you Richard Sherman for showing me how to defend against scrambling QB's i.e. Hit the receivers when the QB is out of the pocket. Some may call it dirty, but I think it was smart.

Agree, Sherman is a smart player he wouldn't of just it the guy like especially with the ref literally right in front of where it happened.

I think I'd actually like to thank the Bills for giving Seattle a hard time and exposing their line, and exposing holes in their cover 3 zone which is crap without Kam. Wood's big day shows us that it's likely Edelman has another big day. I see us doing plenty of stacked 3x1's and attacking the seams. Stay away from their speedy backers. We should be able to run a balanced offense on them.

Kam is likely for next Sunday, but will definitely not be 100%. Bennett is iffy and unlikely.

Why are you thanking the Hawks? The credit for that win goes to the officials. If Buffalo gets a field goal at the end of the first half, they would have kicked a field goal at the end to tie. That would likely have sent the game to OT (which would wear out the Hawks even more). Yeah, Rog, it's a real mystery why ratings are down. It's too bad that a league with $12 billion in revenue can't afford full-time, competent officials and that you are forced to keep making the rulebook more and more complicated, arcane and subjective.

I think I'd actually like to thank the Bills for giving Seattle a hard time and exposing their line, and exposing holes in their cover 3 zone which is crap without Kam. Wood's big day shows us that it's likely Edelman has another big day. I see us doing plenty of stacked 3x1's and attacking the seams. Stay away from their speedy backers. We should be able to run a balanced offense on them.

Kam is likely for next Sunday, but will definitely not be 100%. Bennett is iffy and unlikely.

If I had to choose between the two I'd rather Kam return over Bennett.

Seattle is very inconsistent overall this year. On the road they are 1-2-1 with only win at Jets and losses to NO and Rams and of course the tie at AZ. Their Defense seems much better at home.

Why are you thanking the Hawks? The credit for that win goes to the officials. If Buffalo gets a field goal at the end of the first half, they would have kicked a field goal at the end to tie. That would likely have sent the game to OT (which would wear out the Hawks even more). Yeah, Rog, it's a real mystery why ratings are down. It's too bad that a league with $12 billion in revenue can't afford full-time, competent officials and that you are forced to keep making the rulebook more and more complicated, arcane and subjective.
I agree, the league's officiating obviously needs improvement, but I've never been a fan of the logic that if a call is made differently in the 1st half, the rest of the game would be the same (as your logic seems to follow)

So they make the right call and the Bills get the FG before half... maybe Seattle scores 50 in the 2nd half and it doesn't matter, maybe the Bills blow them out... who knows... my point is that you can't just assume the game would have played out exactly the same way... people tend to use that logic often when complaining about calls, and it makes zero sense to me..

It's also good that they won because they won't be quite as desperate for a win next Sunday night against us. Had they lost to Buffalo, this would be a must win game upcoming for them.

I had this upcoming game as the toughest of the season and still believe it to be so. At home, I do feel very confident of a win however.

It was a smart play. Helped by the coverage scheme though. Playing man-coverage it'd be much harder for the CBs to see if the QB has escaped the pocket or not.

I agree, the league's officiating obviously needs improvement, but I've never been a fan of the logic that if a call is made differently in the 1st half, the rest of the game would be the same (as your logic seems to follow)

So they make the right call and the Bills get the FG before half... maybe Seattle scores 50 in the 2nd half and it doesn't matter, maybe the Bills blow them out... who knows... my point is that you can't just assume the game would have played out exactly the same way... people tend to use that logic often when complaining about calls, and it makes zero sense to me..

The game obviously doesn't play out the same way--but, the Bills were in field goal range twice on their last 2 drives, and they came away with zero points.

They needed a TD there.

Given that, you can't help but think the 3 points would have been a huge positive for the Bills' efforts. And this is why people think that.

Indeed. Thanks, Hawks. Now you're about to come back down to earth after a 10+ point defeat.

I really didnt have a rooting interest in this game.

Really?

We are now celebrating dirty players diving at the kicker's knees, and horribly indefensible refereeing that gave the game to Seattle on a platter?

I'm sorry but i can't irrationally hate on a team just because they're a divisional rival while supporting sheer incompetence, dirty playing and unsportsmanlike behavior. Had Sherman dove like that on Ghost's knees and had the refs stole the game from us like that, there would be 100 pages of complaining and threats to stop watching the league. It doesn't make it right just because it happens to another team.

Anyone but me remember how, when the Bills beat the Patriots, they were headed straight for 5-2 and would compete for the AFC East?

Really?

We are now celebrating dirty players diving at the kicker's knees, and horribly indefensible refereeing that gave the game to Seattle on a platter?

I'm sorry but i can't irrationally hate on a team just because they're a divisional rival while supporting sheer incompetence, dirty playing and unsportsmanlike behavior. Had Sherman dove like that on Ghost's knees and had the refs stole the game from us like that, there would be 100 pages of complaining and threats to stop watching the league. It doesn't make it right just because it happens to another team.

Exactly what makes Sherman's tackle dirty ? The refs didn't blow the whistle and he played on. As he was jumping he even made it a point to touch the ball first with his hand before crashing into the kicker. As much as I dislike Sherman I don't see anything that he did wrong on this play. Now if there was a whistle the entire situation is totally different and I would agree.

In terms of stealing the game you don't have to go any further than finding the game thread of the 2013 game against the Panthers when the refs robbed us on the goal line. Or if you actually wanna go further go to the 2012 @Ravens game when their "game winning" FG wasn't even reviewed. Point being this **** happens everywhere because humans make mistakes and maybe more importantly the ****ing rulebook of the NFL is just too absurdly big with tons of exceptions and special circumstances.

Despite everything the Bills still had a 1 & Goal at the end and choked away a potential big win so in the end they only have themselves to blame that they went home with empty hands.

I have to defend Richard Sherman with this one. Watch the play. There was no whistle until well after the contact. Everyone played on. Yes he was offsides, but how many of us have ever heard of being "Unabated to the kicker"? (The rule does exist, I just don't think I've ever seen it before).

So since there is no whistle, he has to play on and try and block the kick. And once he blocks the kick, he is allowed to contact the kicker.

The problem is the refs were completely unprepared to blow the play dead like they would have if it was, say, 3rd and 13 with a QB in shotgun formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes