PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES COACH BELICHICK!!! LET THE ZAPPE ERA BEGIN!!!

To you it's Mount Corky. To me it's Mound Corky.

1. : a small hill or heap of dirt or stones (as one made to mark a grave)
When BB first came to NE, the Pats had a real bad game where nothing went right. So, the very next practice BB got a shovel and a ball from that game and he and the team went out and buried the ball.

They could bury Macs uniform in one of the Gillete endzones.

You seriously want one of these guys to be our starter next year or our primary back up for a rookie? Really?

No i dont. I don’t know where you keep jumping from Lets give x a chance to start a few games to being obsessed with them or wanting them to start in 2024.

No i dont. I don’t know where you keep jumping from Lets give x a chance to start a few games to being obsessed with them or wanting them to start in 2024.
Okay lets start taking this to the logical conclusion. What's the point in "giving them a chance" if you don't want them here next year? What is there to see if they are irrelevant?

There's 4 guys on the roster, you could throw a dart at the board and it makes no difference at this point. Which goes back to my initial point.... "who cares"?

He was released and not a single team in the league wanted him. They have been trying to replace his as the backup for months. He is not an nfl starting quarterback. If you want to play him to tank, fine, otherwise it’s a waste of time .

He was released by the same brilliant talent evaluators who picked our kicker, Chad Ryland, in the 4th round and then traded away arguably the best kicker in the entire league for a bag of Doritos. The same brilliant talent evaluators who let Jacobi Myers walk and replaced him with JuJu for the same amount of money. The same brilliant talent evaluators who picked our rookie punter in the 6th round before they drafted Pop Douglas who is quite literally our only decent receiver.

And as for the other teams, they all passed on Brock Purdy seven times. He was literally the last player drafted. And then there's also the QB we all believe to be the GOAT. The 199th pick in his draft.

Rookie and second year QB's need practice reps to develop. Bailey may not be the answer but the two times he actually got first team practice reps, he balled. Probably the two best quarterbacking performances we've seen since Brady left. It would be a waste to never give him a chance and then find out later as he stars with another team, that the kid can play. The Zappe hate makes no sense to me. Lets find out what he can do.

Okay lets start taking this to the logical conclusion. What's the point in "giving them a chance" if you don't want them here next year? What is there to see if they are irrelevant?

There's 4 guys on the roster, you could throw a dart at the board and it makes no difference at this point.

The better question is why not. Regardless of my hopes for any of these guys you should never leave stones unturned when there is nothing to play for. You yourself are saying youre finished with Mac. So whatever miniscule chance there is that zappe can stabilize the offense to some degree like he did last year or get a better response from the rest of the team is still worth the look. There’s literally nothing to lose from it or a reason to be so hellbent against it. Are you worried that he is marginally going to improve the offense and cost us draft position? If you are so positive that he sucks then you shouldn’t be.

I do hope zappe gets a fair shot at starting. We have seen alll we need of mac, you might as well learn about zappe now. Im not expecting anything but nothing to lose by making the switch
Gotta give Zappe a shot at the Lions share of Practice reps. Let him Prepare like a Starter. Homers you can't judge Zappe off Moon Boy's :rolleyes: mop ups you all should be better than that.

Last edited:
He was released by the same brilliant talent evaluators who picked our kicker, Chad Ryland, in the 4th round and then traded away arguably the best kicker in the entire league for a bag of Doritos. The same brilliant talent evaluators who let Jacobi Myers walk and replaced him with JuJu for the same amount of money. The same brilliant talent evaluators who picked our rookie punter in the 6th round before they drafted Pop Douglas who is quite literally our only decent receiver.
to be fair, after judon and gonzo went down that punter became defacto team mvp

Gotta give Zappe a shot at the Lions share on Practice reps. Let him Prepare like a Starter. Homers you can't judge Zappe off Moon Boys :rolleyes: mop ups you all should be better than that.

Agreed. It’s not nearly the same as entering a game down double digits or needing to go 86 yards in under 2 minutes without timeouts. Besides at this point it would look kinda stupid to go back to mac after you pulled him for the final drive with a chance to still win the game. This is alot different from the benchings against dallas and NO , bb doesnt have the ‘no point in playing/risking him ‘ angle anymore.

The better question is why not. Regardless of my hopes for any of these guys you should never leave stones unturned when there is nothing to play for. You yourself are saying youre finished with Mac. So whatever miniscule chance there is that zappe can stabilize the offense to some degree like he did last year or get a better response from the rest of the team is still worth the look. There’s literally nothing to lose from it or a reason to be so hellbent against it. Are you worried that he is marginally going to improve the offense and cost us draft position? If you are so positive that he sucks then you shouldn’t be.
Call me crazy but I think Tyquan Thornton comes alive with a QB not named Mac Jones. The jury have come in BB you can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results. BB is as stubborn as Mac Jones is bad as a QB they deserve each other. :rolleyes:

I expect Zappe will probably be cut at the end of the season and his game losing int today and his entire 2023 season are some of many examples why that will happen. Otherwise if they want to audition him for the backup role or build his trade value up fine but they won’t learn much about the rest of the offense if he’s playing.

The best option if they want a good look at the offense for 2024 is still Jones but I feel like BB pulled the plug today. Could be wrong.

As for Grier at least he’s a true unknown and unlike Zappe he had a really good preseason finale so maybe there’s something to look at with him. Let him prep to start a game or two while Mac sits and resets.

I expect Zappe will probably be cut at the end of the season and his game losing int today and his entire 2023 season are some of many examples why that will happen. Otherwise if they want to audition him for the backup role or build his trade value up fine but they won’t learn much about the rest of the offense if he’s playing.

The best option if they want a good look at the offense for 2024 is still Jones but I feel like BB pulled the plug today. Could be wrong.

As for Grier at least he’s a true unknown and unlike Zappe he had a really good preseason finale so maybe there’s something to look at with him. Let him prep to start a game or two while Mac sits and resets.
Drink or smoke much dude?? Who the hell here wants to see Mac in 24??
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

@sb1: though you and some others would disagree I think Zappe can't play any worse than Mac Jones.

Drink or smoke much dude?? Who the hell here wants to see Mac in 24??
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
Jones is the best QB on the roster today as gross as that is to accept. He should not start again but he’s still the QB that can best let the coaches take a look at the rest of the offense for 24.

100%.

I can think of years when the Pats won playoff games where they likely would have been sub-500 without TB12.

Replacing a GOAT QB isn’t easy
I remember Brady wanting a multiyear deal but BB only wanting to go year to year. Nearly half of you guys were on BB side, essentially agreeing with letting a player go a year too early than a year too late,.. because the Patriot Way. It was the system that created the GOAT

Well what do you get when you take the GOAT away from the Patriot Way? You get the 1960 to 2000 and 2020 to 2023 Patriot Way. Zero SBs and a losing record.

The upside to this whole Mac, Zappe, BB debacle is now everyone appreciates what Brady brought to the table.

And yes, getting any elite QB isn’t easy. In 2019, many of you thought it was a piece of cake.

Jones is the best QB on the roster today as gross as that is to accept. He probably start again but he’s the QB that can best let the coaches take a look at the rest of the offense for 24.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I remember Brady wanting a multiyear deal but BB only wanting to go year to year. Nearly half of you guys were on BB side, essentially agreeing with letting a player go a year too early than a year too late,.. because the Patriot Way. It was the system that created the GOAT

Well what do you get when you take the GOAT away from the Patriot Way? You get the 1960 to 2000 and 2020 to 2023 Patriot Way. Zero SBs and a losing record.

The upside to this whole Mac, Zappe, BB debacle is now everyone appreciates what Brady brought to the table.
It WaS ThE sYsTUm :rolleyes:

I wonder how they like the sYsTUm now. Embarrassing.

Jones is the best QB on the roster today as gross as that is to accept. He should not start again but he’s still the QB that can best let the coaches take a look at the rest of the offense for 24.
Really a Guy who can't throw outside the numbers?? How can we evaluate a guy like Thornton if we have QB who can't stick outside the numbers?? Mac is just too flawed and he's been exposed.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back