PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas Stadium - Is it "safe" for Pats gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that. I get a little nervous at times too! But, to be fair, there are rednecks everywhere (at least, everywhere around here, lol)

Looking forward to a great game! I hope you enjoy every minute of the experience (except looking at the scoreboard).

.yeah texas stadium isn't bad like some of the other stadiums. I think i remember hearing sombody being stabbed at oakland last year in the mens room.

I don't know if theres THAT many Latinos there but there are a few

Other than that its a pretty relaxed atmosphere, so have fun...can't wait till the new staduim is built

I'm going to the game next week :rocker: and I'm wondering how safe it is to wear Pats gear there. I'm leaning towards not doing it, as I don't feel like having 10 fat, red neck, Texans jump me. I could probably outrun them, but if I did get caught, I would surely be squashed. I'm a quiet, respectful guy, but my fear is that if the Pats win and some hick fan sees my classic Pat Patriot hat, they may try to thrash me. And I don't want to be thrashed or arrested. So for any of you with insider info about the inhabitants of Texas Stadium, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Also would love to get together with any of my fellow Pats fans before the game. If any of you will be tailgating, I will gladly help drink your beer! Let me know when and where you'll be.

(I was going to post this in the "Road Games" section, but no one seems to go or post there. Sorry.)

You are the one who sounds like a redneck! Stereotyping everyone in Dallas as some kind of intollerant neck. Have you ever been down there? Its a fairly progressive city with a lot of nice people. And I would like to add, they have a lot of hot women. More than their fair share.
So don't go down there and embarrass us with the "you guys like to say ya'll don't you" and "I thought everyone still rode horses in Texas" crap, ok!

Dude you should'nt worry about what to wear. Just don't provoke any drunks and your gonna be fine. But suggesting there is nothing but redneck hicks out here is really the wrong direction to approach this situation. Nevermind the fact that Texas is about 65 percent latino anyway. Your not gonna want to leave when you smell the tailgaters with their carne asada.lol

I was surprised by that number, 65%, so I looked into it and according to the 2005 census estimates there are.

the racial distribution in Texas are as follows: 84.14% White; 12.09% African American or African; 3.62% Asian; 0.17% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander; and 1.1% American Indian or Alaskan Native.[47] Persons of Hispanic origin accounted for 35.31 percent of the population and may be of any race.

Not that I think any of this matters.

Last edited:
I was surprised by that number, 65%, so I looked into it and according to the 2005 census estimates there are.

the racial distribution in Texas are as follows: 84.14% White; 12.09% African American or African; 3.62% Asian; 0.17% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander; and 1.1% American Indian or Alaskan Native.[47] Persons of Hispanic origin accounted for 35.31 percent of the population and may be of any race.

Not that I think any of this matters.
Well, I'm sure the census doesn't do a great job of counting people that are here illegally.

What kind of illegal immigrant word is "touche"????

lol

.yeah texas stadium isn't bad like some of the other stadiums. I think i remember hearing sombody being stabbed at oakland last year in the mens room.

In the Bay Area, "stabbed in the men's room" can have many connotations!

Basically...yes.

I've been to a few games at Texas Stadium alongside fans of opposing teams, all sporting some type of team gear, and aside from some rather harmless but expected commentary, nobody really cares much.

As long as you don't do something stupid like insult Cowboys fans or shove the beating (and it likely will be a beating) in their faces, you'll be fine.

In fact, I'd say make a few friends with the enemy while you're there. You'll enjoy the game more. And while there are always exceptions, I think you are going to be surprised at just how friendly Texans can be.

They don't even sell out the season tickets to that dump. They're a bunch of frontrunners who will be gone by haltime so don't sweat it.

You are the one who sounds like a redneck! Stereotyping everyone in Dallas as some kind of intollerant neck. Have you ever been down there? Its a fairly progressive city with a lot of nice people. And I would like to add, they have a lot of hot women. More than their fair share.
So don't go down there and embarrass us with the "you guys like to say ya'll don't you" and "I thought everyone still rode horses in Texas" crap, ok!

Are you illiterate? Just a few posts up I wrote that I've been to Texas, including Dallas, several times, and I know not everyone there is a redneck. My OP was a bit sarcastic. Next time I'll put an emoticon there to spell it out for you.

I went to the Redskins game at Fed Ex Field in 2003...it was the last loss before that string of wins. Even though we lost the game, the Redskin fans were friggin terrible. I was really disappointed with the way they treated me during/after the game...

Interesting observation, because I was there too and didn't see that.

The fact that I'm 6'1", 220 lbs, and was with about 40 other Pats fans, many of whom were equally large, could have influenced some of the kind and gentle behavior around us.:)

I still say, wear the gear.

After the game it will be "is it safe to wear Cowboys gear?" lol

strap on a set

Last edited:
OK PJ, I've suffered though 7 pages of this thread and here is my summary:

1. No problem wearing your Patriots gear to the game. Wear it proudly and cheer for your team.

2. It's being an obnoxious a-hole that you need to work on over the next couple of days. That will be the thing that will get you tied to the back of a pickup and dragged though cactus.

Hope this helps, it's been nice posting with you.

Regards,

Nut

It's Texas, Patjew.

Wearing Patriots gear is FAR safer than wearing your postername on your shirt! ;)
I don't know about that, after all Texas is home to Kinky Friedman and the West Texas Jewboys! Wear your gear-Texans for the most part are civilized.

Cowboy Fans may raz you a little if the game goes well for the home team- and they will take a little razzing from you if the Pats do well, but you won't have to worry about people being mean to you because of the colors that you wear.

For future reference though, be careful should you ever visit Philadelphia for a game.

OK PJ, I've suffered though 7 pages of this thread and here is my summary:

1. No problem wearing your Patriots gear to the game. Wear it proudly and cheer for your team.

2. It's being an obnoxious a-hole that you need to work on over the next couple of days. That will be the thing that will get you tied to the back of a pickup and dragged though cactus.

Hope this helps, it's been nice posting with you.

Regards,

Nut

Thanks for suffering and summarizing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes