PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas Stadium - Is it "safe" for Pats gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they'll be more friendly to you if you don't call them "fat, redneck hicks," just like people from Boston are likely to be more friendly if you don't call them "alcoholic, racist Irishmen."

Listen, you alcoholic, racist, Irishman, I have nothing against fat, redneck hicks. I just don't want 10 of them on top of me.

-cheap pencil-neck Jew.

Seems like a guy should feel safe wearing their gear on the road, but in this day and age, you never know. Unless you are traveling with a "posse" of large, muscular jarheads, I'd take the high road. Especially if you truely are a pencil neck. Odds are nothing happens, but why risk it? No nee to "take one for the team" in this situation.

I don't know about a few years ago, but the Dallas crowd today is pretty upscale. As long as you don't wear something obnoxious like "Landry: Five SB's Only Two Rings. Whazzup with that?" you should be fine.

Holy crap, I'm taking more abuse here than I was afraid I would get in Dallas!

OK, OK, I'll say it loud and I'll say it proud: I'm here, I'm Patjew, get over it!

Thanks for all the friendly advice, you jerks!! LOL

Sorry did not mean to offend you. Kinda embarrassing to see a thread where a pats fan is biting there nails over wearing pats gear to the Dallas game. Wear ALL your gear and act like a normal fan.

If someone gives you crap smack em around!

Last edited:
Just make sure you don't go to the bathroom, say, with 7 minutes to go in the 4th, up by 20. Just stay seated and pee in your pants:D

I went to the Redskins game at Fed Ex Field in 2003...it was the last loss before that string of wins. Even though we lost the game, the Redskin fans were friggin terrible. I was really disappointed with the way they treated me during/after the game...

Wear the gear. I lived in Dallas for a number of years (also during the run) and can attest that its pretty civil. Make sure you eat some Tex-Mex, if not, go for some BBQ.

Act like you'd want another fan visiting Foxboro to act and you'll be fine and will have nothing to worry about. From reading this thread you don't seem like the obnoxious type and that's all that will matter.

Forget about the gear. Why take a chance of having some drunk redneck go off on you? Just enjoy the game. No one needs to wear gear to be a real fan.
Whatever! Any fan that wants to wear their gear should do so! As long as they're not a complete ******* then they should be fine.

Seems like a guy should feel safe wearing their gear on the road, but in this day and age, you never know. Unless you are traveling with a "posse" of large, muscular jarheads, I'd take the high road. Especially if you truely are a pencil neck. Odds are nothing happens, but why risk it? No nee to "take one for the team" in this situation.
Unless you go to the RCA Dome and they turn on the heater underneath your seat and force you to strip down to your Patriot boxers!! Those bastards!:D

Sorry did not mean to offend you. Kinda embarrassing to see a thread where a pats fan is biting there nails over wearing pats gear to the Dallas game. Wear ALL your gear and act like a normal fan.

If someone gives you crap smack em around!

LOL, you got it, punk.

Actually I'm kind of rugged, but I still don't want any altercations.

Anyway, I'll wear the gear and represent all of you internet tough guys. I'll keep quiet and hope that the Dallas fans are as nice as I've heard.

This isn't Europe or Oakland...

:rofl: The two great centers of hooliganism...

Some years ago I went to a Red Sox - A's game at the Oakland Coliseum. It was a sleepy midseason game between two mediocre teams with no division rivalry. We were a group of 5 mild-mannered Bostonians, maybe 2 wearing Red Sox caps, cheering but not bothering anybody. Boston won, and at the end of the game a bunch of Oakland folks actually threw their programs, drinks etc. down at us from the upper deck above! Drew some blood and left a lot of bruises. I can hardly imagine what it's like for a Raiders game.

That said -- I'd definitely wear some Pats gear at the Dallas game. Maybe not go all out, but it's truth in advertising to show your allegiance.

What I don't understand is why PatJew is so damned afraid to take a beating on behalf of his team. You'd think with three Lombardis in the last few years it's the least he could do as a fan!

It's Texas, Patjew.

Wearing Patriots gear is FAR safer than wearing your postername on your shirt! ;)

You'll be fine. They're passionate fans down there, but it's not like they're New Yorkers.

It's Texas, Patjew.

Wearing Patriots gear is FAR safer than wearing your postername on your shirt! ;)

But should I show them my circumcision scar?

I'm going to the game and will definitely be wearing a Pats shirt (Bruschi) and a Pats hat with pride and unafraid.

I would take off your pats gear outside the stadium. No telling what those drunken idiots will do after a Cowboys loss

But should I show them my circumcision scar?

Good idea, actually. They'll think you are a U.S. Senator and will back off quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back