PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans waive ILB Max Bullough

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

So he played for Patriots South, but he's suspended the first four games for PEDs. . . . Claim the beast? :)

For what he can do, I'd rather just stick with Elandon Roberts. With either one of them, you're basically getting a two-down ILB who's a major liability in space.

For Roberts, the first to second year bump up is crucial. I'm from Missouri on him. He'll have to "show me"

So he played for Patriots South, but he's suspended the first four games for PEDs. . . . Claim the beast? :)

No need to claim him, he'll get through waivers with that suspension over his head. It's not like he's Lawrence Taylor.

Sounds like Lawrence in one way...;)

There was an article the other day about how Belichick motivated big Vince with food...perhaps he can find a creative way to motivate Max...

He is only 25 years old, would minimally bring him in to check out his attitude and any health issues..

No need.

I have Roberts a 2nd year jump guy.

Mark my words....Roberts will hit 90+ tackles, improve in coverage and play faster than last year.

Love this kid.

There's a cost to bringing new players into camp, in coaching time, slowing down the learning process for the team while he catches up, etc. Unless there's a real depth issue at a position, or the player in question is a real upgrade possibility, they probably don't want to pay that cost. There are already at least five players that may get significant playing time on the defense for whom they will have to write that check.

Should we wait for him to become a beast first?

No need.

I have Roberts a 2nd year jump guy.

Mark my words....Roberts will hit 90+ tackles, improve in coverage and play faster than last year.

Love this kid.
I agree except I believe we could use another capable backer but I agree Roberts hasn't come close to his ceiling kid has something.

Roberts recorded 52 total tackles, 3 stuffs, and 1 forced fumble in 1 season (including playoffs). Max Bullough recorded 56 tackles and 4 stuffs in 3 seasons...

Should we wait for him to become a beast first?

(A) It's called a joke. ;)
(B) The Pats have traded for players who couldn't get on the field for other teams and made them look far better.

From a long time ago- Is he any relation to ex Patriots coach Hank Bullough?

I agree except I believe we could use another capable backer but I agree Roberts hasn't come close to his ceiling kid has something.

I agree. They need another LB but I think the need is more of a coverage guy as opposed to a running game thumper type.

Mickeal Kendricks still available?
Is any of our rookie free agents backers capable of coverage

Worth taking a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back