PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Testimony of Jacoby's special character

Status
Not open for further replies.
It became pretty obvious to these eyes midway through training g camp that Jacoby is one of the most impressive and poised players the Patriots have every drafted. I am amazed at his maturity and depth of character.

This is someone I really look forward to watching over the years. Someone who would actually be very interesting to have dinner with.

There is a term regarding people who are wise beyond their years. He seems to be an "old soul".

Last edited:
Respectful and ****y, humble and ambitious. I already like Mr Brissett a lot!

You're asking a lot. You might have to go to pretty please. Maybe add a cherry or two. :D

Ronald Regan and Tip O'Neill could sit in the same room and argue issues, ideology and politics till blood spilled and at the end leave the room laughing and back slapping each other out the door.

I hope reds and blues can do that again without pulling out knives and guns and check our egos at the door.

I have a dream....

Last edited:
Ronald Regan and Tip O'Neill could sit in the same room and argue issues, ideology and politics till blood spilled and at the end leave the room laughing and back slapping each other out door.

Someday reds and blues can do that again without pulling out knives and guns and check our egos at the door.

I have a dream....

I hope you're dream comes true. Check that. I hope all of your dreams come true.

Ronald Regan and Tip O'Neill could sit in the same room and argue issues, ideology and politics till blood spilled and at the end leave the room laughing and back slapping each other out the door.

I hope reds and blues can do that again without pulling out knives and guns and check our egos at the door.

I have a dream....
Reagan and O'Neill were adults who understood how American government is designed to work. Orin Hatch and Ted Kennedy were ideological adversaries of the highest order, yet best friends who also understood and embraced the concept of compromise. Good luck finding that spirit today.

Get back to me when Brissett can complete a pass 5 yards past the line of scrimmage....
2 drops and 3 interference calls otherwise his stat line would've been much better in the Texans game. Some good completions though, even some more than 5 yards ;)

Some nice passes in the Miami game too, also some drops. Kid has a strong arm.

One of the more underrated aspects of Jacoby's game is that he was able to manage an offense to which he was almost a complete alien. Not only had Brissett had only 2 weeks to practice with the offense, the offense had 2 weeks to practice with him, and it showed. With a year to get the timing down in practice a lot more of those throws will be on target and a lot of the receivers will know where Jacoby is expecting them to be.

Also -- who is the real heir of Brady. The guy who throws and looks like him, or the guy with the same grit, coolness, tenacity and drive? I think Brissett showed a lot of Bradylike mental attributes in Games 2, 3 and 4. I think the future for Jacoby Brissett may wind up being very bright indeed.

Reagan and O'Neill were adults who understood how American government is designed to work. Orin Hatch and Ted Kennedy were ideological adversaries of the highest order, yet best friends who also understood and embraced the concept of compromise. Good luck finding that spirit today.

It was Hatch who told Ted to quit acting like a playboy loser and instead a leader and a statesmen. I'm not a fan of Ted but he did seem to behave himself in his later years .

Regan and ONeill were grown ups. They knew each other's touch points and understood how to negotiate and cut deals that they both could live with.

The Regan Admin was far from perfect but you didn't have this ****- measuring and back-stabbing ******** that we do now.

Last edited:
It was Hatch who told Ted to quit acting like a playboy loser and instead a leader and a statesmen. I'm not a fan of Ted but he did seem to behave himself in his later years .

Regan and ONeill were grown ups. They knew each other's touch points and understood how to negotiate and cut deals that they both could live with.

The Regan Admin was far from perfect but you didn't have this ****- measuring and back-stabbing ******** that we do now.
Google: "Hatch remembers Kennedy Newsweek" Their relationship was much stronger, more genuine and mutually respectful than you seem to "remember" it.

Google: "Hatch remembers Kennedy Newsweek" Their relationship was much stronger, more genuine and mutually respectful than you seem to "remember" it.
No I agree. They were buds. Just saying Hatch -as a friend gave him a pep talk.

Let. It. Go.

You have no right passing yourself off here as a Patriots fan. You're a fraud.

The Super Bowl was not the first time. You have continually thrown the team, Belichick and its ownership under the bus for sport for several years here.

You are who you are.

Any statement you make here regarding any Patriots personnel should be seen by everyone in the context of who you are. You throw the Patriots under the bus in the middle of playoff and Super Bowl games and actively work to bother the posters of Patsfans.com in the middle of some of the most tense and exciting games in NFL history.

Why don't you make like you do in my sig and go stare at your beloved pitchers and catchers? They are playing regular season games now.

Last edited:
Politics aside (if you please) this letter is a great act . and a great insight in Jacoby's special character. However it turns out on the field I am glad Pats brought him in.

Many locker room stories of his rookie NE year were a testimony of him being a special young man. There's no doubt in my mind that he could lead this team from character point. Hopefully his game can follow..

Here another testimony of his special maturity.

If you wanted "politics aside" then why did you include the first letter?
Double standard much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft