PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TEs in this draft???

I didn't realize that ASJ was such a good run-blocker..

There seems to be different views on that. But I remember thinking he was a good blocker coming out of college. Hopefully it means we can consider more of a receiving centred TE like Fant, Sternberger or Oliver if we so wanted.

Yea I think someone will fall in love. The way he catches, adjust & potential yac/rz threat. I wouldn't be shocked to see him come off as early as TE3/4.

Even with the signing of ASJ, I can see the Pats double-dipping at TE. Oliver could easily be one. So could Sterberger and Knox..

Is Dax Raymond a poor man's Jace Sternberger?

Maybe we'll use one of our 7th round picks on this AJ Derby-like prospect from Maine, TE Drew Belcher.

Former quarterback flourishes in second season as UMaine H-back

Football | NCAA | Player Stats - Drew Belcher - Maine Black Bears - washingtonpost.com

Maine Man: A tight end needs quick feet to get open, so Maine’s Drew Belcher (6-3, 250) got stepping, delivering a 7.05 3-cone and a 4.22 20-yard shuttle that both would have come in third for tight ends. His 10-foot broad jump would have tied for fifth, while his 4.68 40 would have come in seventh at the position. For the Black Bears, Belcher caught 31 passes for 224 yards. He was named a UMaine Scholar-Athlete Gold Medalist.

Combine Snubs Who Showed ‘Em, 2019 Edition

Last edited:
Is Dax Raymond a poor man's Jace Sternberger?
Different players imo. Raymond is that tough nosed, older, dirty work type. l
Low ceiling player w decent athleticism.

Strenberger puts some pressure on w/e is defending him. Might runs as good a seem route as there is in this class. Looks like a big WR.

Personally, I'd rather have a TE who could start if ASJ were injured.

I would hope that we have enough targets with 3 WR's, 3 RB's and ASJ. The # 2 TE could be primarily a receiver with weak blocking skills, but that wouldn't be my choice.
====
As an aside, the #3 TE could be primarily a receiver, but that matters little to me, since he'd be inactive unless he were a top STer.

There seems to be different views on that. But I remember thinking he was a good blocker coming out of college. Hopefully it means we can consider more of a receiving centred TE like Fant, Sternberger or Oliver if we so wanted.

Personally, I'd rather have a TE who could start if ASJ were injured.

I would hope that we have enough targets with 3 WR's, 3 RB's and ASJ. The # 2 TE could be primarily a receiver with weak blocking skills, but that wouldn't be my choice.
====
As an aside, the #3 TE could be primarily a receiver, but that matters little to me, since he'd be inactive unless he were a top STer.

I’d rather have an all-rounder too but those are limited. Give me Dawson Knox or Drew Sample and I’d be perfectly happy.

I’d rather have an all-rounder too but those are limited. Give me Dawson Knox or Drew Sample and I’d be perfectly happy.

Knox is hugely underrated, whoever picks him up could be getting a gem. He played in that ole miss team and lets face it - DK, AJ, Lodge.. that’s a nasty WR core.

I think that they double dip at TE AND triple dip at WR. Been saying this for the past few weeks..
Not impossible. We got 12 picks.

Future Patriot?

I am not alone in thinking this mini Gronk is under appreciated. Yeah, i can’t help myself in screaming CJ Conrad’s name from the rooftop.

He’s a Wildcat, Baby!
That way, if i’m right, I can buy his jersey. Conrad sounds cool.

Dax Raymond is going late third early fourth. A blocking TE with that speed is a valuable commodity. And he speaks Russian.
What about Dax Raymond out of Utah State in the later rounds? Good speed, excellent catch radius, and a more than willing blocker. He needs to improve his route running, but he'd be on my radar late.

I didn't realize that ASJ was such a good run-blocker..
He was solid last year, last year was his only good tape of blocking...seems to be solid
Even with the signing of ASJ, I can see the Pats double-dipping at TE. Oliver could easily be one. So could Sterberger and Knox..

I definitely think we double dip at TE/WR or both.
With ASJ in the picture, at east 1 TE is still needed (I prefer 2), while at least 2 WRs are needed (I prefer 3)

Future Patriot?

I am not alone in thinking this mini Gronk is under appreciated. Yeah, i can’t help myself in screaming CJ Conrad’s name from the rooftop.

He’s a Wildcat, Baby!

Doesn’t Conrad have a huge health problem that kept him out of the combine and his pro day?

Future Patriot?

He’s a Wildcat, Baby!

Why isn't he getting more hype?

Future Patriot?

He’s a Wildcat, Baby!

Why isn't he getting more hype?
Because he doesn't merit much more hype than what he's already receiving. In this draft, he's a 7th round/Priority FA player with health issues who would be an OK-I-guess choice as TE #2 in a double-dip.

Because he doesn't merit much more hype than what he's already receiving. In this draft, he's a 7th round/Priority FA player with health issues who would be an OK-I-guess choice as TE #2 in a double-dip.

Notable C.J. Conrad fact: his arms are the same length as Phillip Dorsett's.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back