PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE's A.J. Derby and Bryce Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Lets me start by saying I had very high hopes for A.J Derby which have been met so far. That being said before his injury TE Bryce Williams was looking really good in TC. I really thought the Patriots was going to IR Bryce Williams then I realized he practiced for the first time in awhile with the regulars yesterday. I think if Williams is cleared to play Friday it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a Derby like impact. You cannot keep everybody but I would hate for us to lose a quality player that would be an ideal replacement for Martellus Bennett next year thoughts...

Side Note: I am very disappointed in Aaron Dobson his play has just not translated to actual playing field when the real bullets fly. I think we have all seen more from Rookie Malcom Mitchell in one quarter than Aaron Dobson in four years how sad. Also D.J. Williams needs to get out of the tub and on the playing field he should easily make the PS otherwise.

First off if we want to keep Bryce Williams it would be best to limit his playing time if they think he will be good. He is still very much under the radar and i doubt he is ahead of Derby. If he is some amazing player already you don't play games and put him on the 53. If he is a bit of a project with upside cut his minutes and slide him to the PS quiet like. If you don't think either of those things are an option then you just go ahead and carry both him and Derby and when it is time to make a move you cut a WR. As much as i like Amendola and Martin in their respective roles if the Pats want to be a 12 personnel team 5 WRs are not needed and that is what you take your spot from. If we have to do that though just be sure these guys are both the real deal and that you won't miss the player you are cutting because what you gain is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News