PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Telvin Smith Calls Out Tom Brady For Fake Praise Of Jags Ahead Of AFC Title Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that I may be the only person on this board who has seen "Pitch Perfect 2," but just in case...

Anybody remember the scenes where they're trying desperately to insult their spectacular rivals, but all they come up with is "you are physically flawless" and "your sweat smells like cinnamon"?

"You're too respectful of us" is even weaker.

Basically he’s saying:

“You’re saying all the right things in public but you can’t fool me!! I know you know we suck!!”
Pretty much. But then he ends his tweet with "respect" and a goat emoji, meaning he respects the GOAT... so I don't even get it.
"He's saying we are really good but I know he doesn't actually think we are really good!!! But I respect him."

Sing it Telvin, SING IT!

Can't blame him. He's just making the most of his team's 15 minutes of, well, I won't call it "Fame," but more like "Increased Level of Media Recognition."

So it's clear the Jaguars learned absolutely nothing from the Steelers.

Exactly! What the Hell is "fake praise"???

Ever notice the Pats can't win with anything due to the seething jealousy? There has to be some kind of a clinicial term that can describe this.

"Patsnoia"?

In my 35+ years of watching pro sports, I've never seen anything like this. Ever.

I hate the Yanks, Canadiens, Lakers, Jets, and other annoying franchises, but this is just above reproach in level of crazy.

Some of these younger players don't get that talk means very little in life, whether they grew up using My Space, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or not.

Well I mean, I'm sure that's true. We all know the team talks up a trash opponent. What they say to the media and what they say internally is totally different. Wasn't there some super bowl night before walkthrough where Belichick spent time just ****ting on the other team?

I also doubt the guy is actually offended.

ooh, it should be monikered as RespectABull !@#!

Well I mean, I'm sure that's true. We all know the team talks up a trash opponent. What they say to the media and what they say internally is totally different. Wasn't there some super bowl night before walkthrough where Belichick spent time just ****ting on the other team?

I also doubt the guy is actually offended.

I'm looking forward to Belichick saying the same thing Sunday night.

https://nypost.com/2011/11/14/patriots-coach-mocks-jets-defense-with-vulgar-phrase/

"The oldest trick in the book..."

As in, SOP of the Patriots for the past twenty years.

Maybe he should have said this

The media insists that the Patriots are smug and arrogant. They wouldn't make that stuff up.

So if the Patriots act respectful, they MUST be faking it.

Sheesh... just ask Max Kellerman.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back