PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Ted Karras back in New England

Damn, thats a significant downgrade, likely drafting a center in this draft (deep draft for the position tons of talent) but C will definitely be the weak point of the line if Karras is the starter

Not a huge fan of Karras. A lot of blocking assignment issues in 2019.

He's a great bench guy, as well. Flexible. No reason not to have both him and Andrews, or him and any other center.

Remember how we all were thinking after the first TE signing?

Damn, thats a significant downgrade, likely drafting a center in this draft (deep draft for the position tons of talent) but C will definitely be the weak point of the line if Karras is the starter
Definitely see them drafting a center in round 5 or 6. Not a big fan of the Karras

Agreed. Think Andrews is gone. But I’m okay with this. I think we’ll make it work with Karras.

The $4M might include NLTBE incentives, so he might be a bench guy. If Andrews signs elsewhere we find one in the draft. The Pats can draft OL.

He’s played well anytime he’s had the opportunity. He was 6th in the NFL in pass blocking effiency for centers (Andrews was 24th). He was 10th in 2019 with the pats.

Where you lose out is run blocking & smarts. However, Ted is a pretty good plan B & allows you to draft his successor in the mid rounds.

It shows that we are not blindly splurging money on FAs but are following a script and a value approach.

Otherwise Andrews would have been a no brainer.

PFF is what it is.......but they grade out Karras and Andrews almost identically, within two points i think......andrews overall is a 67, karras is in the 65 range....

but i think they will be drafting a center, and i think there's a few good ones to be had in later rounds

Doesn't automatically rule out Andrews, but it at least signals that the Patriots are preparing to move on from him in case the asking price is too high. I share other's sentiments though, that if Karras is the stable vet while we draft someone to take over when he's ready, I have confidence in their ability to choose the right guy there.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back