PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Ted Karras back in New England

I hope this signing is strictly as a back up.
I think they'll draft someone and still have the option to start Karras if the rookie isn't ready

The OL was the worst I ever saw it in 2019 because of multiple injuries (4 of them).
The OL was the best I ever saw it in 2020.

I can't say I like this move.

With our signings at need positions, BB may be thinking of using one of his mid round picks for a center.

Not a huge fan of Karras. A lot of blocking assignment issues in 2019.
Actually no according to PFF grades expecially his lat 8 games with the Pats in 2019. He had some superior grading.. He was fairly decent. He even had a higher grade in Miami last year. It was a head scratcher to why Miami did not resign him.
Andrews and Karras's PFF grades were almost the same.
You would have to start at the least $8mm for Andrews. Not worth the difference..
Would have rather had Andrews but it's the business.
DW Toys

Good move by Bill at this time. Andrews wants to look around. Better some one we know until other options. He did have blood clots so maybe he will be better.

Actually no according to PFF grades expecially his lat 8 games with the Pats in 2019. (Karras) had some superior grading.. He was fairly decent. He even had a higher grade in Miami last year.
Ahh, but does this factor in...

giphy.gif

...the eye test? ;)

Last edited:
Karras is a little bigger than Andrews, not a huge fan of either and as has been mentioned, would be surprised if we didn't draft a Center high in the draft....been hearing it's a very deep O-Line class including Centers.
A center High? Never seen a center go High in draft. We need a WR or QB at 15

I like Karras as a versatile backup, not a starting c. Looks like plenty of options for a starting c incl. the big dude from Bama.
We cant keep everybody.
But damn, huge props and thanks to Andrews, another one of my alltime fav Pats.
Udfa to opening day starter his rookie year. He was the leader on that ol.
Coming back from the blood clots.
David is cut from the same mold as JE11 and Troy Brown among others. Tough,smart and never give up attitude.
Like those 2 I named, he squeezed out every ounce of talent he had.

A center High? Never seen a center go High in draft. We need a WR or QB at 15
Yeah even ****erson is expected no earlier than 3rd round, at the most.
Like many others here have posted, Id bet my left nut BB uses 1st rounder on qb, with a good possibility of having to trade up a bit to get him.

He's a great bench guy, as well. Flexible. No reason not to have both him and Andrews, or him and any other center.

Remember how we all were thinking after the first TE signing?
I agree. Steady Teddy is a very good guy to have on the bench. He's a competent centerman but not an elite one, and he can play other positions.

The OL was the worst I ever saw it in 2019 because of multiple injuries (4 of them).
The OL was the best I ever saw it in 2020.

I can't say I like this move.
Really? The 2020 line when healthy was definitely a plus, but I’m not sure if I’d call it elite. The 2011 line with Waters at RG was nasty, for example.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back