PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebucky was supposed to be our Chancellor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
When Carroll was here I think he tried develop that defense. Tebucky was the prototype. He had the size and speed, but unfortunately lacked everything else.

When Carroll was here I think he tried develop that defense. Tebucky was the prototype. He had the size and speed, but unfortunately lacked everything else.

he still contributed in that first superbowl against the Rams.

He was drafted as a press corner. I think it was probably sometime during the first practice of rookie minicamp that they figured out he didn't have the hips to play the position. He did contribute as a safety, but he was overdrafted, based on Carroll's mistaken assessment of his ability to play corner. Canty was also drafted during that era, leading me to conclude that either Carroll has learned a lot since then, or that John Schneider is calling all of the shots during the draft.

No he wasn't. Lawyer Milloy was our Chancellor, and he was damn good at that position too

Pete Carroll drafted Tebucky Jones to be Richard Sherman.
he even commented at the time that his future here was tied to being right that Tebucky Jones could be a press corner.

he even commented at the time that his future here was tied to being right that Tebucky Jones could be a press corner.

Pete was right.

I can still see Tebucky slamming into the back of a Pats defender as he tried to put a hit on the other team, or running into a teammate about to make a play.

Exactly. He was supposed to be our answer to Keyshawn Johnson...the Jets were our most formidable divisional opponent at that time.

The first image that comes to mind whenever somebody brings up Tebucky is his scooping up the ball vs the Rams to give the Pats a 24-3 lead......oh crap a flag. :bricks:

Adrian Wilson was...

That guy is linebacker size (not our LBs though).

Give Pete or hid GM credit for finding that guy and putting the right kind of defense he could thrive in.

We've hit on plenty useful low rounders too.

I liked Tebucky and thought he was pretty good at safety. Not a superstar but I thought he had a good season back in the first Super Bowl year

Exactly. He was supposed to be our answer to Keyshawn Johnson...the Jets were our most formidable divisional opponent at that time.
That just sounds so funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft