PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Needs going into next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would mean that Ras I/McCourty/any draftee or FA failed at the position next year
Uh in today's NFL even the 4th corner will get some snaps, especially one that can play some safety. Not to mention the inevitable injures that will happen to the starting defensive backfield.

Uh in today's NFL even the 4th corner will get some snaps, especially one that can play some safety. Not to mention the inevitable injures that will happen to the starting defensive backfield.

Dowling
Arrington
McCourty
Draftee/FA

There's 4 right there.

Let Hoyer go. Let BJGE go. It's great he doesn't fumble, but we need a little more from our #1 RB. Draft a RB late or sign someone cheap.

More like, get an offensive coordinator that will make a real, concrete commitment to the run. Eff TB's ego at this point.

Dowling
Arrington
McCourty
Draftee/FA

There's 4 right there.
I'm not convinced Arrington will be a better corner than Moore next year. I'm not even sure if Arrington was a better corner than Moore last night.

I'm not convinced Arrington will be a better corner than Moore next year. I'm not even sure if Arrington was a better corner than Moore last night.
Moore is very intriguing. He may get exposed with more time and will certainly get his share of PI calls against him but for a rookie who joined the team midseason, left and returned, he showed ability to be tight on his WR and get his hands on the ball.

We didn't watch the same game, then, because I saw Moore getting beat all night long.

In no particular order:

WR

Kick returner, Edelman isn't good enough.

Pass rusher or Two preferably Young on the D line and OLB

Top flight Safety and of course for the umpteenth year

CB

No way in hell.

We have a young team and young players tend to be more resilient and bounce back quicker.

Plus the AFC is falling hard.

Colts will be a joke again. Steelers are fading. Chargers are consistent underachievers. Broncos aren't a real threat. Jets have gotten worse and don't believe their own hype anymore.

Only teams to look out for is the Ravens and Texans.

And the Ravens best two players (Reed and Lewis) will be a combined age of 172.

realistically, this sucks I PRAY the Superbowl hangover doesn't kill this team next season.

I really started paying attention to this after 07. If you look at the history of super bowl losers the next year, its kind of depressing.

Needs: DLine depth. Deep Threat WR. Secondary help.
We have good depth on the Dline if Myron Pryor comes back, who brings much more than Deaderick, who whiffed on a Brandon Jacobs tackle in the first half.

I agree with you on the need for a deep threat in the receiver corps. We had an ideal situation this past draft in the second round with Torrey Smith, who was taken a little after we took Ras-I Dowling by the Ravens.

I would argue that that decision can be Monday quarterbacked. It's clear that Smith helps the team more than Dowling, even if the latter were healthy, which is a big assumption.

And Dowling was inexplicably placed on IR after we unloaded a lot of guys in the defensive backfield. Dowling could have helped this team a lot more than Antwaun Molden, who mistakenly was on the field to negate the fumble recovery. And he didn't do a good job in other areas.

I want to know what went on in the decision to go for Dowling over Smith in last year's draft. Apparently, the Patriots were high on Smith and brought him in.

Welker will be 32 at the start of the season. And with his "mileage" of so many catches and hits, there's no way we Franchise him. Wouldnot surprise me if BB chooses to let him walk

Would be stupid to do since effectively between Welker, Branch, AH, Gronk, you have 4 slot receiver players.

Considering how long it takes a WR to learn the playbook I would be surprised if Welker is gone.

The Pats have so many holes its not funny.

Considering how long it takes a WR to learn the playbook I would be surprised if Welker is gone.

Yet we are the early favorites to win next years super bowl....5/1

Don't get me wrong, we have issues, but we also have 2 first round picks, and 2 second round picks at our disposal. Couple that with the fact that Brandon Lloyd is floating around out there and guys generally want to play in New England and we will be just fine.

I'd say defensively, thepats need to get much more athletic outside on the front 7

offensivley, I think its time to buck the trend........since defenses are getting more and more prepared to defend the pass, they are going to be more and more exposed to the run. everything comes full cycle, and the thing that the broncos showed me is that the defenses are getting close to not being able to stop the run. once even teams like the steelers and ravens come out throwing, its time to start thinking about the run.

one issue that I have is the difference between the regular season and the playoffs in terms of officiating. I think regular season success and postseason success are almost becoming mutually exclusive. I think the giants are designed to win in the playoffs which is why they don't make the playoffs half the time. I think the pats are also 2 different teams between the regular season and the playoffs. I think a big part of this is the loosening up of the rough play rules. the pats secondary benefitted by a reduced emphasis on contact.......sterling moore would have had a couple of PI's in regular season and chungs hit on nicks would have been a 15 yarder. there were a couple of borderline late hits on brady that could have been flagged in the regular season.

Yet we are the early favorites to win next years super bowl....5/1

Don't get me wrong, we have issues, but we also have 2 first round picks, and 2 second round picks at our disposal. Couple that with the fact that Brandon Lloyd is floating around out there and guys generally want to play in New England and we will be just fine.

a huge part of that is the belief that the pats are going to have it easy in the AFC east, so getting to the playoffs again stands to be a breeze, so much of the odds has to do with just getting to the playoffs

2 First rounders they won't use and trade out and down...same thing with the 2 Second rounders. Out and down. Value!

2 First rounders they won't use and trade out and down...same thing with the 2 Second rounders. Out and down. Value!

In years past I would have agreed, but after this I'm not so sure. Don't be shocked if we draft a big name, or use those picks to acquire a big name on the free agent market. As for the other poster who was talking about the super bowl odds and the AFC East. I don't see us having any trouble in the AFC East. Who is our other first round pick from? Anybody know off hand?

I actually like that we make trades for future first round picks. I say we find a way to get two 1st round picks in 2013.

Dude, c'mon.......let's not get all nutty about it.
they make the superbowl and because of 12 men on the field they're suddenly a trainwreck??

There's roster churn every single year in the nfl ---- they've got almost an entirely new team since the last superbowl.

There's fa, and then they have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds.

If you think they're in such worse shape than the rest of the league you are out of your mind.

What the Patriots Need

qb - a-
rb - c+
wr - b
te - a+
ol - a

dt - b+
de - c+
lb - b+
db - d+
fs - d+
ss - b+

k - a
p - a

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back