PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Ben Watson retiring at the end of the season.

Graham had hands of stone. Watson was "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Had the athleticism to play a long career without having to fight for balls too much.

FWIW, the complaint I remember about Watson was more that he made incredibly difficult catches look easy and incredibly easy catches look hard.

FWIW, the complaint I remember about Watson was more that he made incredibly difficult catches look easy and incredibly easy catches look hard.

I remember him letting 180 lb cornerbacks take the ball from him in the end zone. Bottom line, he was an incredible athlete,good TE who could have been great IMO.

What a career this guy had. Hard to believe he’s been around for so long. Great human being.

Best of luck in retirement, Benjamin!

The biggest memory I have of Watson is that TD where he was stretched out and caught the ball parallel to the ground. Was just an amazing catch.

Another great memory I have of him is that insane comeback on MNF against the Bills in 2009. Caught two TDs in two minutes. Wasn’t a great year but that game stands out.
That was a MNF with TO as a Billy Bob I believe, they played well and were looking at the upset but a turnover helped and that 2nd Watson TD was a very fun moment

What a span of a career. Hopefully his leather helmet will be on display at the HOF next to his modern one.

Here’s a mini documentary about that play.

Should have been a touchback!

This should be required viewing for pats fans at least once a year.

he had also to 'avoid' the referee...incredible...

Not only a guy who was a great player, but a guy you would want on your team.. high character, great community involvement and from all appearances a great husband/father..

He left his mark.. 194 games, 538 receptions, 5856 yards gained and 44 TD's...

In the past 10 years has remained remarkably healthy.. only missing 5 games in that time span.

Was a Watson fan since he was drafted...

Graham had hands of stone. Watson was "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Had the athleticism to play a long career without having to fight for balls too much.

Graham was like a herd of wildebeest running with the ball. He would look for contact.

Ben Watson was a older prospect when he came out too 24 I think. Still cannot believe he lasted this long. He had a solid career shame we didn't touch bases a second time we could have used him.

Especially when taking the new rules & points of emphasis into consideration, I would take Watson & Daniel Graham in their primes over today's Gronk & the 2 stiffs we have now.

Good player, good man. I hope he gets to go out on top. The writing has been on the wall for him this season though, he just can't get open the way he used to.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back