PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins released

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of "screwing a trade partner." Belichick would make any move he deemed beneficial to the Patriots. Not even a question.

A player not being traded obviously doesn't mean a trade wasn't discussed. Again, this is obvious.

It's not a question of "evidence," it was what was roundly reported, including by credible sources such as Schefter. The reason it didn't happen was provided by Schefter. You don't believe this, which is fine, but pretending you know definitively what he reported didn't occur is silly.

You have "listed" nothing but your own speculations on what happened. Again, you're welcome to do that, as long as you know you're merely speculating.

Speculation requires reasonable conclusions drawn from facts. This isn’t speculation. There’s no historic example cited, from numerous books, reporters, and insiders of Belichick “bluffing” a player that he’ll trade him to another team so the player will decide not to retire and get serious about the Patriot way (senseless idea) , but there are many, many examples of actual trades.

It’s very obvious the Lions were willing to pony up the cash and trade compensation for Gronk, the Patriots were willing to trade him, and Gronk nixed the deal by using his retirement/not reporting card. There is no conflicting report about this, and the actual player is one of the sources. Lol.

On the one hand, much mockery is deserved about this, particularly mockery aimed at certain Patsfans.com posters. On the other hand, without knowing what those personal issues are, mockery is in bad taste. So, given this conundrum, I think the only appropriate response is as follows

(conditional)

(conditional) I hope he gets things straightened out and is able to return to football, if that's what he wants.

Fair enough, I'm of the 'to be mocked' crowd :). While I was not guaranteeing anything, I was vocally optimistic of ASJ coming into the disciplined, focused BB program and having a good year (good blocking and 40 to 50 receptions). It seems chances of that are now -- rounded off to the closest hundredth -- zero.

If this is an alcohol problem then good luck to him getting that squared up. Alcohol is a potent and addictive drug (despite most not making that connection because it is available right off the shelf). If he can square it up, it will be interesting to see if he is a changed, more focused, more dedicated player -- and what team he will end up on (maybe the Patriots? but it seems there is all but no chance that will be opening day 2019).

We are dumping these people to make room for Gob Rronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back