PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Allen's deal reworked, lowered cap hit .. as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
exc.gif

I like Allen as a player for what he does. I just think he is being over paid here.

I would be happy if this turned out to be an 3 year deal worth 9 million with a few incentives thrown in so he could make more if he improves. That seems more than fair for both sides.

I like Allen as a player for what he does. I just think he is being over paid here.

I would be happy if this turned out to be an 3 year deal worth 9 million with a few incentives thrown in so he could make more if he improves. That seems more than fair for both sides.

Even if he only dropped his salary by $1 million, he becomes good value considering what he brings as a blocker. Did you see what TEs signed for this off-season because they MIGHT be good receivers?

Even if he only dropped his salary by $1 million, he becomes good value considering what he brings as a blocker. Did you see what TEs signed for this off-season because they MIGHT be good receivers?
Agreed. If Allen makes around 3m this season, I will still consider it good value (in the month of August, of course). Anything below that is icing on the cake.

Really hope they’re freeing up money for something significant.

As long as they don't trade any high draft picks to do it I am fine with most anything. This team needs to start getting in more young, low priced talent.

I don’t think anything has been done to suggest that, though. In other words, these are the normal kind of moves that we see every summer.

I agree with you that it would be nice to see something significant, like a Griff Whalen signing.

Possibly, but this is pretty standard for the Pats. Restructures like this are for keeping the disciplined approach to the cap. If you allow players to stay at a high cap number simply because you have the money to spare that year, it's harder to convince a player to lower their hit when the time comes the team needs the money.

I would risk a 4th rounder for Gordon but the browns likely won’t trade him. I think he’s a guy that can come in and not struggle as much because he runs nice routes. As much as he smokes weed he’s a smart player on the field.

I would risk a 4th rounder for Gordon but the browns likely won’t trade him. I think he’s a guy that can come in and not struggle as much because he runs nice routes. As much as he smokes weed he’s a smart player on the field.
Id go a third

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference