PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TC ROSTER TALK

Super cool! I've been a big fan of glass blowing since visiting the Corning museum a few years back. I was so inspired by glass that I started writing a fantasy series about a magical glassmaker. It's really mesmerizing to see a master at work with such a hot and malleable substance. Neat to see Judon branching out and trying new things! I hope he plays out his career here.

Super cool! I've been a big fan of glass blowing since visiting the Corning museum a few years back. I was so inspired by glass that I started writing a fantasy series about a magical glassmaker. It's really mesmerizing to see a master at work with such a hot and malleable substance. Neat to see Judon branching out and trying new things! I hope he plays out his career here.
Here's a video of him blowing glass and short interview:

Matthew Judon spends time ahead of Patriots training camp at glass blowing studio in Providence

We visited the Murano Glass factory & museum (by water taxi, naturally) while we were in Venice a year ago March... Along some of its walls were photographs of the rich & famous who had purchased their work over the years... Impressive; and a fascinating process with beautiful results.

We visited the Murano Glass factory & museum (by water taxi, naturally) while we were in Venice a year ago March... Along some of its walls were photographs of the rich & famous who had purchased their work over the years... Impressive; and a fascinating process with beautiful results.

There is something erotic about the glass blowing process.

It’s even more mesmerizing doing it. it was tremendous fun working glass into my Burning Man gifts using shards of neon tubing scavenged from the previous years ashes. Studio I worked in was mostly making really high end sculptural pipes. Absolutely amazing!
There is something erotic about the glass blowing process.
Damn, I must be doing it wrong somehow

I get that people said that but the guy is 6'8 and like 350 minimum. I hesitate to take the word of some reporter watching from the sidelines trying to explain why he hasn't played as well the last few years compared to his first few here. Without a scale and regular knowledge of his weight year to year I'm not sure anyone can tell 350+ from 370+ with any certainty.

When you weigh 350lbs, you can fluctuate 10 to 15 pounds per day easily. Same thing really applies to any given person who isn’t sweating for 6-8 hrs a day and pushing the limits of their frame. I’m a lean 185/190 lbs and some mornings I wake up 193lbs. Piss, take a **** and I’m back down to 185-187, eat breakfast and drink a bunch of water and I’m back up to 193 by mid-day/evening. Hydration levels really play into this which sometime work on a multi day cycle. Weight numbers are somewhat of a fools game trying to nit pick them, all these dudes move weight from day to day just like many humans do.

It’s even more mesmerizing doing it. it was tremendous fun working glass into my Burning Man gifts using shards of neon tubing scavenged from the previous years ashes. Studio I worked in was mostly making really high end sculptural pipes. Absolutely amazing!

Damn, I must be doing it wrong somehow

Whoa, that's awesome! I didn't know you did that. I might message you sometime asking for some feedback or clarification on techniques. I love how many different kinds of backgrounds are represented on this board.

Anyway, I'll not derail the thread any further. Speaking of the roster--what are people's thoughts on safety? Seems thin.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back