PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Not Practicing on Wednesdays for the Season

First of all, the original announcement was Brady taking Wednesdays off and qualified only LATER that he'll still be in the building just not on the practice field. This was followed by another announcement of other veteran players getting additional days off practice during the week. How they actually plan to accomplish full-team game plan installation on a weekly basis hasn't been addressed and is anyone's guess. This approach is unheard of.
People jump to all kinds of conclusions based on headlines. Does Brady doing the Masked singer ring a bell? Weeks of negative sentiment was ginned up by Brady haters over that. And the announcements that came after the the original one aren't sinister. Seriously do you think the Bucs said. "Oh we better make Brady come in on Wednesday and then give other veterans days off too because he's getting criticized too much"? Whether the days off for veterans fails or succeeds is still to be written. Its hard to measure though. We can't assume no days off leads to perfection anything less than perfection with the days off is proof it didn't work

Not sure I believe all the TB12/Gisele drama.

My belief is this was negotiated when TB12 and the Glazers discussed/agreed to his return.

Might have been an effort to be "more present" as Gisele puts it.

Could also be an "old man maintenance" day.

Not sure it helps the team as it relates to practice/improving but if it helps Tom physically and mentally get through the season so be it.

People jump to all kinds of conclusions based on headlines. Does Brady doing the Masked singer ring a bell? Weeks of negative sentiment was ginned up by Brady haters over that. And the announcements that came after the the original one aren't sinister. Seriously do you think the Bucs said. "Oh we better make Brady come in on Wednesday and then give other veterans days off too because he's getting criticized too much"? Whether the days off for veterans fails or succeeds is still to be written. Its hard to measure though. We can't assume no days off leads to perfection anything less than perfection with the days off is proof it didn't work

The original news simply indicated Brady is getting Wednesdays off. I suspect the plan all along was to keep him off the practice field but in the building; they should have specified that but subsequently felt the need to clarify.

You should remember I am not a Brady hater. I'm not a Brady rumpswab either. I'm just interested in football and am fascinated by the unconventional way Tampa is doing business largely at Tom's behest. What you say is true, whether the "veterans days off" plan fails or succeeds is yet to be seen. I just believe the potential downside could be detrimental to the team overall. We'll see.

Not sure I believe all the TB12/Gisele drama.

My belief is this was negotiated when TB12 and the Glazers discussed/agreed to his return.

Might have been an effort to be "more present" as Gisele puts it.

Could also be an "old man maintenance" day.

Not sure it helps the team as it relates to practice/improving but if it helps Tom physically and mentally get through the season so be it.
I don't know if it's the Gisele effect or what, but I don't like the new Brady nearly as much as the old one. He used to remind me of Bobby Orr but not now.

I don't know if it's the Gisele effect or what, but I don't like the new Brady nearly as much as the old one. He used to remind me of Bobby Orr but not now.
Agree. Hes not the same.

Meh. Pop gave veteran Spurs players breaks from practice, and even held them out of games for maintenance days. They won a title. Burress barely practiced all season in 2007 and caught the game-winning TD pass to sink the undefeated season.

You guys realize that vets getting a day off during the week is a pretty common practice in the NFL. Right?

Yep. He used to come across as more humble.
Umm when has he talked about himself exactly? He still is all about his teammates, and does not talk about awards or any of the things he could.

You guys realize that vets getting a day off during the week is a pretty common practice in the NFL. Right?

Not as a set day off every week it isn't. Veteran players occasionally get an extra day if dealing with lingering physical problems, to rest a QB's arm, etc. but this is rare and usually occurs late in the season if at all.

Umm when has he talked about himself exactly? He still is all about his teammates, and does not talk about awards or any of the things he could.

You must not be aware of his weekly podcast. And taking 11 days away in the middle of training camp certainly wasn't "all about his teammates." Neither was his maneuvering to get Arians kicked upstairs.

Undermining one team at a time.....Yoko strikes again

Gotta wonder what upsets Brady more....
His disintegrating marriage?
Or the fragmenting of his public image? (correct answer)

Essentially forcing the wife to go to the media with their issues in order to get his attention and getting publicly labeled by her as a 'checked out' dad..............................Yikes.

Note: "Needs to be more present" = 'checked out'
Luckily for Tompa, G didn't go full Yoko and call him 'dead beat dad'

Interesting strategy by Yoko
Especially if he calls her bluff and she becomes a single parent without the 'me time' she craves

I can only imagine what is being chirped at Brady on the field by opponents.
My lipping reading skills are not what they used to be, but I'm pretty sure Lattimore said something like: Yoko got you by the balls you ****ed chin implant system QB diva"
I could be wrong

Actions speak louder than words.

Essentially forcing the wife to go to the media with their issues in order to get his attention and getting publicly labeled by her as a 'checked out' dad..............................Yikes.

Especially if he calls her bluff and she becomes a single parent without the 'me time' she craves

My lipping reading skills are not what they used to be, but I'm pretty sure Lattimore said something like: Yoko got you by the balls you ****ed chin implant system QB diva"
I could be wrong
You're a regular riot! You have us all in stitches. Will you be here all week or do you have a gig at the bowling alley?

I mean Tom with Gisele is a 4 time Superbowl Champion. Not getting the yoko references

And a lot of yall belong to People Magazine/TMZ/E. Jesus you love gossip more than the females in my life

I mean Tom with Gisele is a 4 time Superbowl Champion. Not getting the yoko references

And a lot of yall belong to People Magazine/TMZ/E. Jesus you love gossip more than the females in my life
Yeah, I’ve been laughing at this thread for a minute now. They’re a bunch of hens. Too much soy intake.

I could be wrong
You sound like that highschool girl that the goodlooking Qb went out with for awhile, but she started to let herself go and then he dumped her for something nicer looking and you are trying to tell people you know how miserable he is with his hot new girlfriend.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back