PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with you not including Bird. I wouldn't include Papi either.

Orr
Brady
Williams
Russel
Bird

Not in any order.

The MR is just 4. So you can't really disagree with me unless you want to change the definition of what a Mount Rushmore is. Yes, Boston has a lot of legendary athletes but we cant go changing standards of things and make up new rules.

Bird would certainly be the next guy - an HM if you will.

The MR is just 4. So you can't really disagree with me unless you want to change the definition of what a Mount Rushmore is. Yes, Boston has a lot of legendary athletes but we cant go changing standards of things and make up new rules.

Unless you insist on one from each sport bird belongs before Williams.

These are five I think deserve the consideration for MR. Take it any way you want.
Only Brady has had to deal with the salary cap implications. BP doesn't even come close to consideration IMHO. If you want my prioritized list:

Brady
Williams
Russel
Orr
Bird

The last two you could argue about forever.

These are five I think deserve the consideration for MR. Take it any way you want.
Only Brady has had to deal with the salary cap implications. BP doesn't even come close to consideration IMHO. If you want my prioritized list:

Brady
Williams
Russel
Orr
Bird

The last two you could argue about forever.
You could argue about Orr being on there? I don't see an argument.

And you only get four. Sorry. Cant change things here. If you want to say the 5 faces for Boston Sports that is fine.

You could argue about Orr? :eek:

You could argue about Orr? :eek:

It hurts,as I am a hockey Krishna first and foremost, but a Orr/Bird choice? Yeah, there's some good arguments on both sides. Not enough time in this thread to get into it, nor do I want to.

I don't think you should get into it either. Bird over Orr is laughable.

Yup. Bird was an all time great but Orr is on the short list with Gretzky and Lemieux as the best ever. Orr completely redifined his position and no one before or after him has ever come close. Orr is definitely ahead of Bird on the Boston Mt. Rushmore list.

Don't mean to start a new thread, but I just wanted to comment on Brady's greatness.

In the last two Super Bowls, here are Brady's numbers in the fourth quarter and overtime. Most of which the Pats were down by large margins.

34-42 (81.0%), 370 yards, 8.8 ypa, 3 td, 0 int, 127.2 rating

And he led the team on six drives total in that time span (two against Seattle, three against Atlanta, then the last one in OT against Atlanta), and here's what the Patriots did those six drives:

TD
TD
FG
TD (2pt conversion)
TD (2pt conversion)
TD (no conversion needed)

That's 39 points in six drives, against two of the best teams in the league, under immense pressure, none of those drives coming with the Patriots ahead. Not once failing to get his team points.

Absolutely mind-boggling.

@QuantumMechanic please explain how Bird is over Orr. If you are going to disagree why not explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back