PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
His current total of 5 will be exceeded at some point. This is why:

There most likely will not be a foil to the leagues wishes such as the TB12 and BB combo. Think about it. Gomer could have had at least 5 had TB and BB not been in his way. That I'm sure has infuriated the NFL.

No way the league or owners want Brady to be on top. Now they can't guarantee SBs but they can have a favorite son type become the GOAT. Right now I'd say it's a mix of Dax, Carr, and Mariotta. Winston is a bit behind and his shoplifting issue has caused him to fall back a bit.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong I just think back to the leagues infatuation with a Peyton, the rule changes etc to help him specifically. That will happen again and it's imperative for this team to put down those others for the next few years.
Don't worry you are wrong.
Manning 5 rings. Jesus. Hope you can afford the drugs that created that thought.

Yeah, I don't think that's true. Peyton would not have beat the Rams, Carolina, Philly. Seattle and Atlanta would have cleaned his clock as well if he was still playing. And his little brother would have smoked him. I do not see Peyton beating anyone but Chicago and any corpse could have beaten Carolina in 50 with Denver's defense.

So, no TB12, no BB, Peyton gets 2. Or 1.5.

There is no need to say "would have" with regards to Seattle.

You need to look at as if the Pats and TB and BB had never existed. Gone. Never existed and the Colts dominated the AFC from 2000-2012. They could have beat Carolina and Philly. Maybe not the Rams but they had plenty of other chances.

Considering that the 2001 Colts went 6-10 and missed the playoffs I think its pretty safe to say that even without TB/BB that Manning would not have won Super Bowl 36.

Don't worry you are wrong.
Manning 5 rings. Jesus. Hope you can afford the drugs that created that thought.

People like you are in denial. Those Colts teams were very, very good. Funny how people have zero perspective.

Yea I'll say it again. The league changed rules specifically to help Peyton and the Colts win. He was the golden boy. And again. Take the Pats out of the equation. They never existed. Peyton would have 5 at least. It's not exactly rocket science or in need of a phd to figure this one out.

*** and this is coming from someone who loathes Manning and his brother. That's how real I consider the possibility of this happening IF BB and TB weren't around.

They have REAL Goats! Lol

Tom Brady is 137 years old

hqdefault.jpg

People like you ste jut in denial. Those Colts teams were very, very good. Funny how people have zero perspective.
All those one and dones convince you of that?
Please explain how he wins 3 more if the team that knocked him out twice didn't knock him out? THAT is zero perspective.

Manning was 14-13 in the post season, 3-2 against the patriots and 11-11 against everyone else. Somehow you think without those 2 losses, which his record says orobabltvwould have been a loss to someone else, he suddenly is unbeatable.

Yea I'll say it again. The league changed rules specifically to help Peyton and the Colts win. He was the golden boy.
And he still choked. It didn't work, except for padding stats.

And again. Take the Pats out of the equation. They never existed. Peyton would have 5 at least. It's not exactly rocket science or in need of a phd to figure this one out.
I don't need a Phd to say 2+2=4 and if the patriots never existed and he beat everyone else he faced in your bizarro world he still only has 4.

You have a lot of hubris for someone making such a stupid point.

There is no need to say "would have" with regards to Seattle.

Considering that the 2001 Colts went 6-10 and missed the playoffs I think its pretty safe to say that even without TB/BB that Manning would not have won Super Bowl 36.
The only 2 he could have won if the patriots weren't there were against philly (assuming the ALSO won the afccg in Pitt against a 15-1 team which is doubtful) and carolina.
OTHER TEAMS knocked him out all those other years.

All those one and dones convince you of that?
Please explain how he wins 3 more if the team that knocked him out twice didn't knock him out? THAT is zero perspective.

Manning was 14-13 in the post season, 3-2 against the patriots and 11-11 against everyone else. Somehow you think without those 2 losses, which his record says orobabltvwould have been a loss to someone else, he suddenly is unbeatable.

And he still choked. It didn't work, except for padding stats.

I don't need a Phd to say 2+2=4 and if the patriots never existed and he beat everyone else he faced in your bizarro world he still only has 4.

You have a lot of hubris for someone making such a stupid point.

Because my "hubris" is based upon many things. One, you are wrong. 2, you are wrong and 3, you guessed it...you are wrong. Not having BB and TB changes everything. Who else was as really good back then? No one other than the Colts. Pats were 1 and the Colts were 1A in the entire league for a decade. What usually happens to 1A when 1 isn't there?

Hint: It replaces 1. Manning playoff record even against other opponents may have been different because his teams may very well have home field instead of playing games in Foxboro.

Maybe he doesn't get 5. To dismiss it out of hands is where you are wrong.

People like you are in denial. Those Colts teams were very, very good. Funny how people have zero perspective.

Yea I'll say it again. The league changed rules specifically to help Peyton and the Colts win. He was the golden boy. And again. Take the Pats out of the equation. They never existed. Peyton would have 5 at least. It's not exactly rocket science or in need of a phd to figure this one out.

Okay lets look at Mannings' BB/TB less career

1998: Nope, pre BB/TB
1999: Nope, pre BB/TB
2000: Nope, pre BB/TB
2001: Nope, Colts 6-10, no playoffs
2002: Nope, Pats miss playoffs, Manning bounced in wildcard round 41-0 by NYJ :eek:
2003: Good shot, Colts lost AFCCG to Pats, Carolina had only a +21 score differential
2004: Nope, Colts lost Divisional to Pats, would have face @ 15-1 Steelers in AFCCG(11 degree temps, Manning no like)
2005: Nope, lost divisional to Steelers
2006: Won IOTL. Ironically he staged a comeback win vs Pats to win AFCCG
2007: Nope,Lost divisional to SD
2008: Nope,Lost wildcard to SD, no TB year
2009: Nope,Lost Super Bowl to NO
2010: Nope,Lost wildcard to NYJ
2011: Nope, Didn't play
2012: Nope, Manning chokes against Ravens
2013: Nope, Manning beat down by Seattle in Super Bowl
2014: Nope, Manning lost to Colts, maybe Broncos show up if they aren't scared to face Pats?:p
2015: Won IOTL

So basically without BB/TB Manning has a good chance at winning the 2003 Super Bowl. And that is really it.

And its possible that he losses the 2006 Super Bowl if he plays the AFCCG @SD instead of vs NE. Also possible that without TB he doesn't play 2015 considering how beaten down he was. Especially if he already had a 2nd ring from 2003.

3 rings is pretty much best case for Manning without TB/BB

Because my "hubris" is based upon many things. One, you are wrong. 2, you are wrong and 3, you guessed it...you are wrong. Not having BB and TB changes everything. Who else was as really good back then? No one other than the Colts. Pats were 1 and the Colts were 1A in the entire league for a decade. What usually happens to 1A when 1 isn't there?
so all those other teams that beat the colts would have lost if the patriots weren't there?

Hint: It replaces 1. Manning playoff record even against other opponents may have been different because his teams may very well have home field instead of playing games in Foxboro.
You moron, they played in foxboro TWICE. TWICE.

To pretend you can have championships to someone who didn't earn them is what's wrong. You are actually giving him credit for being able to do something he proved he couldn't.

Tell me this if he was going to win 5 which 3 are you handing him?

Keep in mind when he was in Indy he went to the SB twice and lost once. The patriots knocked him out twice.
He was one and done EVERY OTHER SEASON.
And in Denver the patriots never knocked him out.
Can't wait for your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay lets look at Mannings' BB/TB less career

1998: Nope, pre BB/TB
1999: Nope, pre BB/TB
2000: Nope, pre BB/TB
2001: Nope, Colts 6-10, no playoffs
2002: Nope, Pats miss playoffs, Manning bounced in wildcard round 41-0 by NYJ :eek:
2003: Good shot, Colts lost AFCCG to Pats, Carolina had only a +21 score differential
2004: Nope, Colts lost Divisional to Pats, would have face @ 15-1 Steelers in AFCCG(11 degree temps, Manning no like)
2005: Nope, lost divisional to Steelers
2006: Won IOTL. Ironically he staged a comeback win vs Pats to win AFCCG
2007: Nope,Lost divisional to SD
2008: Nope,Lost wildcard to SD, no TB year
2009: Nope,Lost Super Bowl to NO
2010: Nope,Lost wildcard to NYJ
2011: Nope, Didn't play
2012: Nope, Manning chokes against Ravens
2013: Nope, Manning beat down by Seattle in Super Bowl
2014: Nope, Manning lost to Colts, maybe Broncos show up if they aren't scared to face Pats?:p
2015: Won IOTL

So basically without BB/TB Manning has a good chance at winning the 2003 Super Bowl. And that is really it.

And its possible that he losses the 2006 Super Bowl if he plays the AFCCG @SD instead of vs NE. Also possible that without TB he doesn't play 2015 considering how beaten down he was. Especially if he already had a 2nd ring from 2003.

3 rings is pretty much best case for Manning without TB/BB
You are missing one thing. The year you give him a chance was because you think he could have beaten a different team by throwing 4 picks and then go to the SB and win. Manning 2003 was at the height of his choking ability. He wasn't winning that afccg no matter where it was played or who it was against. He proved that by coming back in 2004 and putting up 3 points in the divisional round.
Before 2006 Peyton Manning was 3-6 in the playoffs and only 2 of the 6 were against the patriots.

Read how your ideas are being destroyeda d just stop. You are disrespecting GOAT day by making things up to imply the biggest choker was just as good.
You win championship on the field by going out and making plays not vy some dude creating hypothetical whatvifs that ignore you didn't go out on the field and make those plays.

I'm sure you are one of those guys who truly believes you would have had a better job, nicer house, mire wealth and a hotter wife if you got a few breaks. You wouldn't. You are who you are and Peyton Manning is who he is. I understand that is depressing for you.

You are missing one thing. The year you give him a chance was because you think he could have beaten a different team by throwing 4 picks and then go to the SB and win. Manning 2003 was at the height of his choking ability. He wasn't winning that afccg no matter where it was played or who it was against. He proved that by coming back in 2004 and putting up 3 points in the divisional round.
Before 2006 Peyton Manning was 3-6 in the playoffs and only 2 of the 6 were against the patriots.

Well I did say 3 was "best case".

So if he does choke in 2003... then has to face @SD in 2006 and losses... what are the chances he plays in 2015(or losses the AFCCG not having to face TB with a corpse offense)?

Its actually reasonable that without TB/BB that Manning ends up with zero rings :D

Well I did say 3 was "best case".

So if he does choke in 2003... then has to face @SD in 2006 and losses... what are the chances he plays in 2015(or losses the AFCCG not having to face TB with a corpse offense)?

Its actually reasonable that without TB/BB that Manning ends up with zero rings :D
Very good point. SD was 14-2. If the patriots weren't there to beat them the colts go on the road to SD. Manning was 2-5 in his career in road playoff games. That SD team, while declining beat manning each of the next 2 years.
It does look like if there were no patriots the only SB manning would have won was the one that his corpse was dragged to by Denver.

They were very, very good in the regular season. And very, very mediocre in the playoffs.

The Manning-led Colts were 8-8 in the playoffs against teams not named "New England". Please explain how they magically become 4-time Super Bowl Champs if NE didn't exist.
Hey rocket scientist, your own statement doesn't even make sense considering that Manning has 2 rings and the Patriots beat him in the playoffs twice. So even if you assume Manning wins the Super Bowl each time the Patriots beat him (which is a pretty stupid assumption) then that still only makes 4.

In order for your statement to be true, one has to believe that the Patriots completely disappearing from the league somehow magically gives Manning the ability to beat *other* teams as well.

WTF are you talking about? Ever heard of the Steelers?? They won 2 Super Bowls and made it to 3, which is better than Indy.

If anything, *that's* the team who benefits the most from NE disappearing.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

@The Boston Patriot feel free to post your "Mt Rushmore" Boston athletes since you disagreed with my and other posters choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes