PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

4th or 5th pick they could easily move up if they really want someone. Yeah it’s not ideal having to give up assets but not the end of the world having to move up couple spots.
Moving up to 1 or 2 comes with a high cost. See Carolina for that. If you’re at 4 or 5 and take a QB, he’s very likely to be better that what they have now and if he’s a bust, then you haven’t given up other high picks for the privilege of drafting a bust

Last edited:
Moving up to 1 or 2 isn’t always a question of cost because depending on how the teams in those slots view the QBs available they might literally not sell them for any price. IF (big if) the franchise QB is there at 1 or 2 that’s more valuable than two years of a teams entire draft board. You think the Texans would exchange Stroud for the Patriots next three first round picks? No chance in hell.

Well then the (likely) 3 pick is up for sale unless they love Harrison Jr.
I highly doubt they’d pass on Harrison, especially if they plan on keeping Murray. Who’s their #1 target? TE Trey McBride??…

Yea they will take MHJ and give Murray that No 1 Target.

We're getting the third pick guys

Chilllllllllll

Bo Nix is the Zach Wilson of this draft.
Even so, if we trade down or pick OT first and target a QB bottom 1st or top 2nd round - I'd be intrigued by Bo.
Very athletic, very smooth delivery, strong arm... (although kind of exact pros/cons as Mac. Could likely bust like Zach & Mac)

I also find it hilarious that 2 of the best "2nd tier" QB's are Penix and Bonix.

Bo Nix is the Zach Wilson of this draft.
Even so, if we trade down or pick OT first and target a QB bottom 1st or top 2nd round - I'd be intrigued by Bo.
Very athletic, very smooth delivery, strong arm... (although kind of exact pros/cons as Mac. Could likely bust like Zach & Mac)

I also find it hilarious that 2 of the best "2nd tier" QB's are Penix and Bonix.
If we trade down, I’m setting **** on fire.

I keep seeing this.

Who is gonna give up their pick?

Why would Washington give up a QB? Why would Chicago or the Cardinals give up on a QB or Harrison?

Why would we move up from 5 to take what amounts to the third QB off the board?

If the Patriots are at 5 it actually is way more beneficial for them to move down.
Chi might keep Fields. If they do, Pats could trade up from hopefully pick 3 and get a QB while Chi gets Harrison at pick 3. If Chi really wants Harrison then they can't trade with anyone else because he will be gone. Pats winning today changes everything. If they win and pick at #5, then they lose bargaining power with CHI as Harrison will be gone at #4 to Ari.

Chi might keep Fields. If they do, Pats could trade up from hopefully pick 3 and get a QB while Chi gets Harrison at pick 3. If Chi really wants Harrison then they can't trade with anyone else because he will be gone. Pats winning today changes everything. If they win and pick at #5, then they lose bargaining power with CHI as Harrison will be gone at #4 to Ari.

Why are the Patriots trading up in this scenario?

If Chicago is passing on a QB in favor of Harrison there is no reason to trade up.

Unless you want Williams over Maye and I do not.

Why are the Patriots trading up in this scenario?

If Chicago is passing on a QB in favor of Harrison there is no reason to trade up.

Unless you want Williams over Maye and I do not.
because Chi will be trading down to another team who wants a QB and then Wash taking a QB.

because Chi will be trading down to another team who wants a QB and then Wash taking a QB.

Then they don't get Harrison. We do.

Fine by me.

What’s a tie do for us?

Double post

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes