PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

I think we get MHJ at 3. I think the Bears go with Williams, The Commanders definitely go with Maye, they desperately need a franchise QB. And then we get MHJ. Maybe McCarthy or Nix will be available at 34.

Harrison Jr. is one of the best WR prospects in years. I don’t know if he runs a 4.4, probably a 4.5, but that doesn’t matter, he does so many other things at an elite level. Great at running routes, great hands, great jumping ability. And he did it this year with a QB that’s not at the McCarthy/Nix level. He would be the most talented WR we’ve had since Randy Moss. And as far as I’m concerned, he’s the prospect is the closest to a sure thing than anyone in the 2024 draft.

So much can change by the combine though, including the draft order. And then things will change because of the combine and the pro days. And even before the combine, the all star games can help draft stock, for the first time ever, Juniors can play at the Senior Bowl (sounds crazy).

No matter what, unless we do the stupid thing of trading down, we will get one of Williams, Maye, Harrison or Daniels. And I don’t want to mortgage the future by giving up next years #1 pick to move up a spot or 2.

I think we get MHJ at 3. I think the Bears go with Williams, The Commanders definitely go with Maye, they desperately need a franchise QB. And then we get MHJ. Maybe McCarthy or Nix will be available at 34.

Harrison Jr. is one of the best WR prospects in years. I don’t know if he runs a 4.4, probably a 4.5, but that doesn’t matter, he does so many other things at an elite level. Great at running routes, great hands, great jumping ability. And he did it this year with a QB that’s not at the McCarthy/Nix level. He would be the most talented WR we’ve had since Randy Moss. And as far as I’m concerned, he’s the prospect is the closest to a sure thing than anyone in the 2024 draft.

So much can change by the combine though, including the draft order. And then things will change because of the combine and the pro days. And even before the combine, the all star games can help draft stock, for the first time ever, Juniors can play at the Senior Bowl (sounds crazy).

No matter what, unless we do the stupid thing of trading down, we will get one of Williams, Maye, Harrison or Daniels. And I don’t want to mortgage the future by giving up next years #1 pick to move up a spot or 2.
Patriots desperately need a QB. The bolded are not good enough to start on a consistent basis imo. Especially in an AFC with so many elite QB's.

I like MHJ. But....he can't throw himself the ball. I'm now torn.
Like I said, McCarthy & Nix may be available at 34. Plus we should sign a veteran as well. I think Nix would be a great pick at 34. Has a good arm, great accuracy, and can run. McCarthy, you would be drafting him for his high ceiling talent wise. Has an excellent arm, great mobility, but not as accurate as Nix, but he’s a lot younger, hence drafting him for the talent he has, and hopes that it translates to the NFL in a year or so.

So stupid Wash is ahead of NE with the same record and them having won the head to head.

I like Nabors a lot maybe better than Harrison.
Nabors reminds me of Chase.

Patriots desperately need a QB. The bolded are not good enough to start on a consistent basis imo. Especially in an AFC with so many elite QB's.
You’re entitled to your opinion. But we don’t know that. Nobody thought Purdy could be who he’s become (an MVP candidate). And I venture to say that Nix was a better college QB by a significant amount. Thats what makes the draft so interesting. Sometimes you just have to take the chance.

If the Pats had drafted Purdy instead of Zappe, maybe the paths of both teams would’ve been so different. Purdy was drafted 3 rounds after Zappe. Maybe Zappe, being coached by different coaches in SF, is sitting in the same position Purdy finds himself now ? It’s all about who drafts you and situations.

I like Nabors a lot maybe better than Harrison.
Nabors reminds me of Chase.
I will defer to other draft gurus on that one, but I respectfully disagree. I like Nabors a lot, and I like his teammate Bryan Thomas Jr., he’s like a poor man’s MHJ, but is an excellent talent in his own right.

So stupid Wash is ahead of NE with the same record and them having won the head to head.
Agreed 1,000,000%. When teams are tied, the first tie breaker should be head to head if they played each other, then SOS if they didn’t play each other.

studies have shown that GPA is a better predictor of college success compared to SAT scores.
SAT scores have always been good predictors of college success. Even if gpas are better, it does not mean that SATs are not useful. My daughter went to a highly selective, very competitive public high school where a gpa of say 3.5 represented a greater achievement than a similar gpa at a weaker, less competitive high school. SATs have allowed colleges an additional means of comparison.

You’re entitled to your opinion. But we don’t know that. Nobody thought Purdy could be who he’s become (an MVP candidate). And I venture to say that Nix was a better college QB by a significant amount. Thats what makes the draft so interesting. Sometimes you just have to take the chance.

If the Pats had drafted Purdy instead of Zappe, maybe the paths of both teams would’ve been so different. Purdy was drafted 3 rounds after Zappe. Maybe Zappe, being coached by different coaches in SF, is sitting in the same position Purdy finds himself now ? It’s all about who drafts you and situations.
No because the Patriots don't have a 49ers type roster around them. Purdy has yet to prove he can make others around him better. I'm not sold on him until he wins without perfect circumstances.

The Patriots either give up 1st rounders this year and next for Williams. Or, they need to take Daniels imo.

The QB class isn't good in 2025

Stop with SAT/GPA debate. No one cares.

lets see if bears take a Qb at 1#

The way the NFL is working I am not spending any serious money on defensive free agents.

It would be all offensive fixes to me and coach up the defense.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back