PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa Bay signs QB - any effect on Cassel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's backup money, but there are incentives that would increase the pay if he performs well. Tampa Bay might be standing Pat on the QB front although this makes little sense to me.

They have more free cap room than just about ANYBODY in the NFL and now they are going to cheap out on the QB position? Either their new owner is a real scrooge who is only interested in making a profit margin, or something big is going to happen soon in Tampa, that we don't know about yet.

It's backup money, but there are incentives that would increase the pay if he performs well. Tampa Bay might be standing Pat on the QB front although this makes little sense to me.

They have more free cap room than just about ANYBODY in the NFL and now they are going to cheap out on the QB position? Either their new owner is a real scrooge who is only interested in making a profit margin, or something big is going to happen soon in Tampa, that we don't know about yet.

They have to spend most of it: 2009 is a capped year, which means there's also a salary floor. If the Bucs don't spend at least 90% of their allotted salary cap, the difference will be distributed among the players on the roster in 2009.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore