PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is wrong with Bills fans? Are they constitutionally unable to grasp context by reading the quote being responded to? Are they complete idiots? Are they all trolls? Is it brain damage?

Read the post I quoted and tell me he didn't allege TO cost them the Super Bowl. Your reading comprehension is lacking Einstein.

I would imagine bills fans do some serious heavy drinking.

don't even pay any attention to him --- feldspar is clearly just trolling the forum w/his bs.

his whole moss schtick makes him look like a circus clown.

No, buddy, I came here for an intelligent conversation and I've always maintained relevance to the thread when I wasn't being blindsided. But I guess some of you Pats fans have zero tolerance to those that disagree with you or consider an opinion by an outsider that suggests the Patriots aren't exactly perfect a threat of some kind.

I've been attacked on all sides by people not even responding to what I've said, but trying to discredit me based on nothing at all by way of rebuttal.

If you feel I'm full of bs, tell me why and back it up, otherwise you are a complete tool.

I'm not trolling. I've contributed legions of valid opinions on this thread. I've established my viewpoint, yet you want to talk about your warped opinion of me for some reason. I've said the same things on my own board. Just talking football. If you want to be arrogant about it, do it appropriately. At least talk about what I'm talking about. I didn't come here for any other reason than to talk about the subject of the thread.

If you disagree with me, tell me why. A healthy disagreement never hurt anybody. If you want to discredit me, don't do it by way of labeling me like a simpleton. Like your partners, use a catchphrase like "TO is a cancer."

Why do you come here? Talk about TO or leave me alone.

:singing: Bills fans talking sh!t again.

Good for them. Been a long time coming. ;)

See you next year.

No, buddy, I came here for an intelligent conversation and I've always maintained relevance to the thread when I wasn't being blindsided. But I guess some of you Pats fans have zero tolerance to those that disagree with you or consider an opinion by an outsider that suggests the Patriots aren't exactly perfect a threat of some kind.

I've been attacked on all sides by people not even responding to what I've said, but trying to discredit me based on nothing at all by way of rebuttal.

If you feel I'm full of bs, tell me why and back it up, otherwise you are a complete tool.

I'm not trolling. I've contributed legions of valid opinions on this thread. I've established my viewpoint, yet you want to talk about your warped opinion of me for some reason. I've said the same things on my own board. Just talking football. If you want to be arrogant about it, do it appropriately. At least talk about what I'm talking about. I didn't come here for any other reason than to talk about the subject of the thread.

If you disagree with me, tell me why. A healthy disagreement never hurt anybody. If you want to discredit me, don't do it by way of labeling me like a simpleton. Like your partners, use a catchphrase like "TO is a cancer."

The reason why you have been attacked from all angles is you come onto a Patriots sports board and attempt to have an intelligent conversation about a player in which most of us think is "cancer".

As you have seen so far, your getting no where with your rebuttals.

Now I am not going to tell you what do to or say here, this is an opinion based forum so your are welcome to say as much as you want.

So good luck with your team and with TO.

Read the post I quoted and tell me he didn't allege TO cost them the Super Bowl. Your reading comprehension is lacking Einstein.

I read the post. It was a response to another post. His response was similar to my earlier one regarding the same comment. Seriously, would it kill you Bills fans to actually read the stuff you're pissing and moaning about?

Bills fans are just excited because people actually care about their team again. Maybe this season, they can do something they haven't done in six years. :rolleyes:

ummmmm, you do know you're wasting your breathe, right? actually, you're typing, so i guess i mean wasting your fingers. Anyway, you're on a Pats message board. There is no argument that can be made for T.O. , he will screw up your team.

Oh, and i especially liked this one.
"I've contributed legions of valid opinions on this thread"

lolz

I'd like to keep it civil out of respect for our hosts, but either you're trolling or you're just an idiot.

you want me to reply to your posts?
earlier in the thread you mentioned that you hadn't seen owens behaving badly last season.
my reply would be to pull your head out of ....er...the sand, let's say.
he was cut for a reason.

you keep insisting he's some kind of unique game changer, yet he can't stick on a team for more than a couple years w/o getting jettisoned like the trash that he is.
you say he's the best receiver in the game, while out of the other side of your mouth you say you're glad it's just a one year deal.

you say that brady to moss has nothing to do w/edwards to owens, yet you're actually the one insisting on dragging moss into this thread as some kind of halfassed comparison.
that goofy moss litany was hilarious, btw.

you insist on skipping over a somewhat relevant dallas game of just a couple years ago to reach for an ancient superbowl game that had almost nothing in common w/today's rosters.
said dallas team only scoing 20 points on offense, but you want to claim the whole 27 to try to make some goofy point, after you've already been corrected on that.

explaining to a bills fan what wins football games would be a waste of my time, so how about you just copy this thread addy to a notepad txt on your desktop and revisit it later in the year.

to be honest, I'm probably even more of a fan of this signing than you are, but then again I have nothing but contempt for owens, and I think it'll make these next 2 bills games all the more entertaining.
frankly, you guys are the most boring division games we have on the schedule, normally.

look --- unlike a lot of people, I have absolutely nothing against forum trolls.
they liven the place up and keep things entertaining.
the circus has clowns for a reason.

What you and ESPN are doing is cherry picking stats to make the a guy look better than he is.

Yeah, you can say no one has has had more TDs than Owens in the last three years, but he only had one more than Moss, and you pick three years because that includes Moss's last year in Oakland. And why else would you pick three years, instead of 1 year, 2 years, 4 years?

Because in the last 1, 2, and 4 years, Moss had more TD's than Owens.

In the last five years, both players had 58 TDs, and if you go beyond that you continue Moss's domination most years.

Ah, so you want to cherry pick your OWN stats then. You don't want to include the fact that Moss was in perhaps the most potent offense in NFL history where he scored 23 TDs in a single year, but still didn't outperform T.O. over a three year period. You can twist the stats any way you like.

Look, my point was never to discredit Moss as a player in any way. I brought up his trangressions with the law and his misdeeds by way of comparing them to T.O.'s. Moss is a fantastic player, and there is no disputing that. T.O. is in the same ballpark as Moss, though.

Moss has only 4 TDs behind Owens as far as their careers go, and Moss has been in the league 2 fewer years, which actually puts him ahead of Owens long term. But that wasn't what I was talking about in the first place, and like I said before, there are too many variables involved to make a comprehensive comparison of two different players on two different teams.

They are two great players that have been labelled troublemakersk. What I resent is the perception that Moss is somehow squeaky-clean now...that's what I was talking about.

So when you say, "What else you got," the answer is I got the whole truth, not your misleading twisting of stats to make Owens look better than he is.

Oh, well that clears it all up then. Just keep the whole truth to yourself and everything will be fine then. Is being 2nd in all-time receiving TDs a misleading stat, or are you going to keep me in the dark about that, too?

Oh, and when you say,
Obviously, because if you don't exclude playoff games, then you can't even say Owens had more TDs than Moss in the last three years it isn't true unless you exclude playoffs.

Who the hell includes the playoffs in these stats? It wouldn't make sense because it doesn't reflect on the player himself. If a player went deep into the playoffs, he would be playing more games than those who didn't and automatically have a greater chance at bigger stats, would they not?

T.O. had more TDs than Moss on the fair level field of the regular season over the past three years. How does that appeal to your sensibility?

Do you want to include the preseason, too?

T.O. is a great player. So is Randy Moss. Fair enough?

Last edited:
Ah, so you want to cherry pick your OWN stats then. You don't want to include the fact that Moss was in perhaps the most potent offense in NFL history where he scored 23 TDs in a single year, but still didn't outperform T.O. over a three year period. You can twist the stats any way you like.

Look, my point was never to discredit Moss as a player in any way. I brought up his trangressions with the law and his misdeeds by way of comparing them to T.O.'s. Moss is a fantastic player, and there is no disputing that. T.O. is in the same ballpark as Moss, though.

Moss has only 4 TDs behind Owens as far as their careers go, and Moss has been in the league 2 fewer years, which actually puts him ahead of Owens long term. But that wasn't what I was talking about in the first place, and like I said before, there are too many variables involved to make a comprehensive comparison of two different players on two different teams.

They are two great players that have been labelled troublemakersk. What I resent is the perception that Moss is somehow squeaky-clean now...that's what I was talking about.

Oh, well that clears it all up then. Just keep the whole truth to yourself and everything will be fine then. Is being 2nd in all-time receiving TDs a misleading stat, or are you going to keep me in the dark about that, too?

Who the hell includes the playoffs in these stats? It wouldn't make sense because it doesn't reflect on the player himself. If a player went deep into the playoffs, he would be playing more games than those who didn't and automatically have a greater chance at bigger stats, would they not?

T.O. had more TDs than Moss on the fair level field of the regular season over the past three years. How does that appeal to your sensibility?

Do you want to include the preseason, too?

T.O. is a great player. So is Randy Moss. Fair enough?

Congratulations for bringing this thread to the next level.

I never made an idiotic attack, but was the victim of one. "Screw you and get out of here" isn't an attack? Half you guys would agree than Belichick is a jerk, which is what I suggested in half-jest.

What's the general problem here? I type up my thought-out ideas by way of discussion, then I'm attacked with one or two sentence nonsense. Can you not respond to the things I say? Will your brain explode.

Actually, no, that wouldnt be an attack. After reading 20 pages, i finally see why people don't like you. YOU'RE ON A PATS BOARD. Calling our coach a jerk just shows what a moron YOU are. Have you ever met Bill? Read any books on him? probably not. Now, while i wont sink so low as to say "screw you" like the other poster, i will say GFY :D

lolz

I'd like to keep it civil out of respect for our hosts, but either you're trolling or you're just an idiot..

Holy crap. The man can speak. Nice start.

you want me to reply to your posts?
earlier in the thread you mentioned that you hadn't seen owens behaving badly last season...
my reply would be to pull your head out of ....er...the sand, let's say.
he was cut for a reason....

Don't believe I said exactly that, but go ahead...

you keep insisting he's some kind of unique game changer, yet he can't stick on a team for more than a couple years w/o getting jettisoned like the trash that he is.
you say he's the best receiver in the game, while out of the other side of your mouth you say you're glad it's just a one year deal.

Never said he was the best receiver in the game either. The furthest I went was top five. Stop putting words in my mouth and go back and actually read what I wrote...remove the chip from your shoulder first.

I gave my own personal opinions as to why T.O. is perceived how he is. Some of it is his fault, some isn't.

I also stated that T.O. will make the Bills a better team, and why signing him for a one year is a low risk move.

Go back and actually read what I wrote, again. I believe I explained myself well and clearly. You are welcome to agree or disagree, but please don't tell me what I said unless you get it right. Don't twist what I say. Again, I've been clear all along.

you say that brady to moss has nothing to do w/edwards to owens, yet you're actually the one insisting on dragging moss into this thread as some kind of halfassed comparison.
that goofy moss litany was hilarious, btw.

Again you have it wrong. Somebody said something about how if Brady to Moss outperforms Edwards to Owens, then Owens was going to be pretty upset. That I disagreed with, and that was that.

The conversation seemed to want to focus on T.O.'s perceived bad character, so I brought up Moss' bad supposed bad character by way of comparison. Moss has done a lot of crap...but I know; it's a different perception when he is your boy.

you insist on skipping over a somewhat relevant dallas game of just a couple years ago to reach for an ancient superbowl game that had almost nothing in common w/today's rosters.
said dallas team only scoing 20 points on offense, but you want to claim the whole 27 to try to make some goofy point, after you've already been corrected on that.

This is just completely irrelevant. YOU brought up that game, and I'm not sure what Super Bowl game to which you refer. I brought up last year's Pats/Dolphins game to illustrate how ridiculous it was of you to bring up the Pats/Cowboys game up from 2 years ago...WTF does that Dallas game have to do with ANYTHING whatsoever? So what if the Cowboys only scored 20 offensive points in that game. Again, WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING?

explaining to a bills fan what wins football games would be a waste of my time, so how about you just copy this thread addy to a notepad txt on your desktop and revisit it later in the year.

Now you are just making a fool of yourself here. You are just sitting on your cracked ass watching the game just like the rest of us. You are a spectator that just happens to be a fan of a team currently more successful than mine. Call it a geographic advantage or a bandwagon jump. Are you so deluded to believe that you have something to do with a Patriots win? Do you make the gameplan, or do you just crack some skulls on the field?

to be honest, I'm probably even more of a fan of this signing than you are, but then again I have nothing but contempt for owens, and I think it'll make these next 2 bills games all the more entertaining.
frankly, you guys are the most boring division games we have on the schedule, normally..

Arrogance showing. Makes you wonder why people I talk to have contempt for Pats fans.

look --- unlike a lot of people, I have absolutely nothing against forum trolls.
they liven the place up and keep things entertaining.
the circus has clowns for a reason.

For the last time, I didn't come here to troll. I've had something to say the entire time, and the only times I've been impolite is when people were rude to me...like yourself, for example.

Have some respect, for Christ's sake.

Holy crap. The man can speak. Nice start.

Don't believe I said exactly that, but go ahead...

Never said he was the best receiver in the game either. The furthest I went was top five. Stop putting words in my mouth and go back and actually read what I wrote...remove the chip from your shoulder first.

I gave my own personal opinions as to why T.O. is perceived how he is. Some of it is his fault, some isn't.

I also stated that T.O. will make the Bills a better team, and why signing him for a one year is a low risk move.

Go back and actually read what I wrote, again. I believe I explained myself well and clearly. You are welcome to agree or disagree, but please don't tell me what I said unless you get it right. Don't twist what I say. Again, I've been clear all along.

Again you have it wrong. Somebody said something about how if Brady to Moss outperforms Edwards to Owens, then Owens was going to be pretty upset. That I disagreed with, and that was that.

The conversation seemed to want to focus on T.O.'s perceived bad character, so I brought up Moss' bad supposed bad character by way of comparison. Moss has done a lot of crap...but I know; it's a different perception when he is your boy.

This is just completely irrelevant. YOU brought up that game, and I'm not sure what Super Bowl game to which you refer. I brought up last year's Pats/Dolphins game to illustrate how ridiculous it was of you to bring up the Pats/Cowboys game up from 2 years ago...WTF does that Dallas game have to do with ANYTHING whatsoever? So what if the Cowboys only scored 20 offensive points in that game. Again, WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Now you are just making a fool of yourself here. You are just sitting on your cracked ass watching the game just like the rest of us. You are a spectator that just happens to be a fan of a team currently more successful than mine. Call it a geographic advantage or a bandwagon jump. Are you so deluded to believe that you have something to do with a Patriots win? Do you make the gameplan, or do you just crack some skulls on the field?

Arrogance showing. Makes you wonder why people I talk to have contempt for Pats fans.

For the last time, I didn't come here to troll. I've had something to say the entire time, and the only times I've been impolite is when people were rude to me...like yourself, for example.

Have some respect, for Christ's sake.

"Have some respect, for Christ's sake." GFY!!

Actually, no, that wouldnt be an attack. After reading 20 pages, i finally see why people don't like you. YOU'RE ON A PATS BOARD. Calling our coach a jerk just shows what a moron YOU are. Have you ever met Bill? Read any books on him? probably not. Now, while i wont sink so low as to say "screw you" like the other poster, i will say GFY :D

Dude, slow down.

I've visited this board quite often in the past. I've seen threads asking whether or not Belichick is a jerk or not. The overwhelming majority of PATS FANS admitted to themselves that they think he probably is. Calling me a moron for saying what the basic fanbase seems to think would make you a hypocrite, wouldn't it? Being a big fan of a jerk because he wins ballgames would make you something else, no?

I think he is a jerk. A hell of a lot of other people do as well...you should get out more often if this is a new concept to you. What do want from me? Have any of the people here met T.O.? Doesn't stop THEM from judging HIM, does it? Now tell me how that is different.

I don't care for you either BTW and plenty of people love my ass.

Last edited:

He is gaining friends around here like white on rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore