PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever you can say, that lastdrive with 2:37 with your team down in a SB is creditable against any team and ben R did it with his feet and arms.

pass rushing please. just feel bad for arizona! Get the lead and oh well on to the draft like most have said.

totally wanted Fitzgerald to win one. The story about his relationship with is mother. just sucks

I don't think it would have mattered. The chances of them winning the game with 15 second left on the clock was pretty slim at that point. They should have taken care of the ball at the half and they should have closed out the game after they went up. They didn't and that's what will haunt them the entire off season.

As I said earlier, the Cardinals played too poorly for about 3 quarters (not all in a row) to complain about the officiating (which was horrible, but you have to overcome that stuff to be a champion). And they would have had one shot at the endzone from the 30 (don't forget about the penalty post possession on Pittsburgh).

And I do think it was a fumble. But why not look at it again using the normal, prescribed channels to do so? You can't take 2 flipping minutes to confirm things with the guy on the field? It's weird, that's all. Just like it would have been weird if Holmes' TD wasn't reviewed. Why have it?

Suitably crappy end to a crappy season.

They have every right to scream about the officiating, especially that last review. Totally bogus calls up and down the board, and no review there? It's just disgusting. My interest in the NFL continues to wane because of how terribly run and tainted the league has been since Goodell came in. I'll always be a Pats fan, but following the rest of the league is quickly becoming a chore because of all the problems. I can't wait until Goodell bungles the labor negotiations and the league has a lockout, the crap will hit the fan then.

also that was a BS 15 yarder on arizona when they got called for that late his on ben. 15 free yards for the steelers

You know, we heard all year about how officials are evaluated and the best go to the SB. How did we get THIS crew?

Costas just said that the Steelers could be the model franchise in all of sports. Yup, they're ahead of the Celtics, Yankees, and Canadiens in terms of championships.

Costas just said that the Steelers could be the model franchise in all of sports. Yup, they're ahead of the Celtics, Yankees, and Canadiens in terms of championships.

Excuse me while I head to the bathroom to puke.....

I think the Steelers are the best franchise in football. However, it's pretty hard to argue that they're the best in all of sports. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction

Thoughts:

Great comeback from the Cardinals. #90 on their defense has the heart of a champion, even when they were down big. #11 Fitz also willed his team back.

Warner played okay but as always made the dumb fumble or int in a big moment. He weakened his HOF chances in my opinion.

Whisenhunt did a phenomenal job with this team and nearly did it.

Big Ben came through. I hate his guts but he is gritty, extremely elusive, made the big plays at the end, and if you look at his career numbers he is on track to become a top 15 all time QB when his career is over.

I guess we drafted the wrong WR *tongue in cheek* instead of Jackson

I wish we would have had these refs for last years SB. The Eli to Tyree pass would of never had counted because they would of called the lineman that was holding Seymour for about 10 seconds.

oh well. Boring Baseball and on to the NBA.

I guess we drafted the wrong WR *tongue in cheek* instead of Jackson

Don't even get me started. That thought goes through my mind everytime I see Holmes play. Heck there are WRs drafted in the later rounds of that draft that were more productive than Jackson. :mad:

I'm glad we've turned the page on 2008. Looking forward to 2009. It'll be better. Right? :itsok:

I wish we would have had these refs for last years SB. The Eli to Tyree pass would of never had counted because they would of called the lineman that was holding Seymour for about 10 seconds.

I was thinking the same thing, where was this crew last year ? Although Terry M is such a Steeler fan, that he still probably wouldn't have called the blatant hold on Seymour. McCauley bleeds black and gold...........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye