PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

Andy Reid is suddenly become a genius when Patrick Mahomes started playing

Andy Reid was successful with the Eagles (3 straight NFCCGs, 100+ wins) and had a crap QB like McNabb. And he's obviously successful with the Chiefs. He is an amazing coach.

Mahomes is 100% great and deserves a ton of credit. Extremely clutch tonight and tough to grit it out with aggravated ankle injury. His mobility was a difference maker tonight and a key reason for no sacks.l
I really appreciate the respect you are showing him. He is no Tom Brady but he has done great things in a very young career. I’m deeply impressed even if most of this forum will accuse him of faking an injury for show. I think he was hurting pretty bad but they shot him up with something and he toughed it out.

Hurts was gonna be the MVP with 4 TDs. What an anticlimactic ending.

Eagles fans now know what it feels like to have a SB ripped from their hearts, just like the Pats had done to them in SB 52.

Andy Reid was successful with the Eagles (3 straight NFCCGs, 100+ wins) and had a crap QB like McNabb. And he's obviously successful with the Chiefs. He is an amazing coach.
He was always a good offensive coach but people always said he'd blow games with poor clock management and being too stuck in his big menu of plays to focus on the management of the game, most people would not have him as someone who's going to end up being a top 5 coach of all time.

Difference between very good and all time great these last 5 years with Mahomes.

I really appreciate the respect you are showing him. He is no Tom Brady but he has done great things in a very young career. I’m deeply impressed even if most of this forum will accuse him of faking an injury for show.
lmao

someone with a real high ankle sprain doesn’t move around like that. this isn’t Wolverine we’re talking about here, it’s a human body

He is no Tom Brady but he has done great things in a very young career.

Talent-wise he is better. Whether that turns into 5+ rings, who knows. But Mahomes showed tonight how to beat a great pass rush in the Super Bowl, something Brady couldn't do against the Giants x 2 or the Eagles in SB 52.

lmao

someone with a real high ankle sprain doesn’t move around like that. this isn’t Wolverine we’re talking about here, it’s a human body

Bro, Brady was moving around just fine in SB 55 with his supposed "MCL tear." Didn't see Brady limping at any point during that season.

Can't believe I am about to say this.....

..... Philly got hosed big time.

ALSO: Why do Super Bowls ALWAYS have slippery fields???

Someone ban the troll. He waits until the end of the game and picks up where he left off weeks ago. Patsfans was enjoyable. Now he's back and immediately derailed the Superbowl thread. He'll derail practically every thread he posts in. No one wants him. No one.

Just mute him and he’ll get bounced.

lmao

They do if they are being given pain killers and high off the adrenaline of a Super Bowl appearance.

A few years ago I broke my foot in a basketball game and played several more minutes on it after. I’m an average dude with no legitimate athleticism. A professional athlete, in the biggest game of all with adrenaline pumping, being cared for by professional trainers and on pain killers can play out a game.

Just look at TO in the Super Bowl against us back in 05. I hate the narrative that Mahomes is being a ***** and faking injuries just because he toughed it out.

Why is Brady being discussed right now?

We just witness a blatant bag job by the refs in the most obvious of circumstances in the biggest sporting event of the year.

Nothing to do with Brady.

Talent-wise he is better. Whether that turns into 5+ rings, who knows. But Mahomes showed tonight how to beat a great pass rush in the Super Bowl, something Brady couldn't do against the Giants x 2 or the Eagles in SB 52.
Again.

Nobody cares about talent. Rodgers is more talented. Would you put him above Brady all time?

And Brady has beaten a great pass rush. Seattle, Rams x2, and maybe another team.

They do if they are being given pain killers and high off the adrenaline of a Super Bowl appearance.

A few years ago I broke my foot in a basketball game and played several more minutes on it after. I’m an average dude with no legitimate athleticism. A professional athlete, in the biggest game of all with adrenaline pumping, being cared for by professional trainers and on pain killers can play out a game.

Just look at TO in the Super Bowl against us back in 05. I hate the narrative that Mahomes is being a ***** and faking injuries just because he toughed it out.
just using the Pats, a REAL high ankle sprain is Brady in 42 and Gronk in 46. you don’t simply start scrambling around and running for first downs like that if you have that injury

Talent wise, yes. But Brady has intangibles that just left you blown away. No disrespect to Mahomes but I very strong doubt he can reach Brady’s accolades.

Again.

Nobody cares about talent. Rodgers is more talented. Would you put him above Brady all time?

And Brady has beaten a great pass rush. Seattle, Rams x2, and maybe another team.

Rodgers isn't more talented than Brady.

After watching that Super Bowl, and the playoffs over the past few years, it’s becoming quite clear the NFL is much closer to entertainment than a legitimate athletic competition. Elite level QBs can’t be hit too high or too low, can’t be hit when they’re sliding or when they’ve stepped a foot out of bounds. You can’t hit a receiver when he’s “defenseless,” you can’t get physical with a receiver off the line because it’ll probably be holding or pass interference. Trying to determine what constitutes a catch in the NFL is like trying to solve a differential equation. Remember, the NFL is a billion dollar BUSINESS…all the league’s talk about integrity and officiating and anything else, it all comes back to the almighty dollar. That’s the only thing the league cares about, making massive amounts of money. To all those who said the following statement, I agree with you 100%. Any athletic endeavor where gambling is involved, there’s a very strong chance the outcome is fixed.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back