PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl discussion thread (Poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win?

• Queefs

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Niners

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
I think people are overlooking how good the 49ers offense is, especially their run game. Conversely the Chiefs offense is not their strength this whole year.

IF Purdy doesn’t **** himself they have the best receiving games and one of the best running games in the league and they are all experienced. Kittle, Deebo, Ayuk, CMC are 4 deadly skill players.

And don’t pull the defense wins championships **** yes it can but last year the Eagles and Chiefs couldn’t make a stop all game.
Before the playoffs I had the 49ers because of their talent, after watching them barely squeak by the Packers and watching them get manhandled in the first half yesterday I can’t see it, I hope I’m wrong, If Campbell kicks the FG to go back up by 17 I think Lions win the game.

I'd rather the 49ers win so that's who I picked.

Besides Purdy and McCaffrey are underdogs.

Purdy was picked with the last pick of the 2022 draft and McCaffrey had to overcome a history of injuries to get back to where he is.

So who doesn't like a good underdog story?

Also the ass-kissing by the media for Mahomes for endless months after another Superbowl win would be rather disgusting.

That started already. Once they beat the Bills all the hot take GOAT talk has commenced again.

That started already. Once they beat the Bills all the hot take GOAT talk has commenced again.
It's going to get really loud after they beat the 49ers lol
ESPN-FS1 etc all have Kermit as the GOAT

To be honest ...
I find not caring who wins is a great way to watch a sporting event.
So this is how I will watch the Super Bowl ... eat - drink - watch - enjoy.

I like the 49ers as a team…I always have. But I guess this is an unpopular sentiment…don’t want them to win because of the trophies. At end of the day…I don’t care who is playing…I don't want anyone to tie or pass the Pats in number of Super Bowl wins.

I like the 49ers as a team…I always have. But I guess this is an unpopular sentiment…don’t want them to win because of the trophies. At end of the day…I don’t care who is playing…I don't want anyone to tie or pass the Pats in number of Super Bowl wins.
It would make sense but we are tied with the Steelers what's one more team tying with us? Better than the alternative of a Swift fest Superbowl lol

It would make sense but we are tied with the Steelers what's one more team tying with us? Better than the alternative of a Swift fest Superbowl lol
I understand we are tied. I don’t want anyone else to tie or surpass us.

Mahomes and KC.

Mahomes is the real MVP and when you have a player like that, you're never out of it. Factor in the KC defense, the possibility that this could be Kelce's and Reid's last game, KCs depth, players just keep stepping up if a starter goes out. To me, the 2023 Chiefs are the most BB like Patriots team so far. All 3 phases of the game are contributing to win.
Where is this coming from?

And it begins. I can tell this offseason is going to be a really long one.

View attachment 56328
Notable games for both:

Mahomes-SB 54 & 57 comebacks, Texans comeback, going into Buffalo and winning.

Brady-SB 49/51 Comebacks, Jags comeback, Win in KC to go to SB, SB 38, Raiders snow game.

3-3 head to head. Includes 2-0 for Brady in postseason.

They are both guys who make others around them better.

This conversation in the end...is dumb. How does one decide which one to pick?

Media is prisoner of the moment. If Mahomes has a terrible game against 49ers, they would immediately say Brady. If he wins, they will say Mahomes.

Last edited:
Yeah I take Mahomes/Reid over Shanahan/Wilkins. If this was Baltimore, I think it would be tougher to choose.

Shanahan is like an Olympic sprinter who falls flat on his face before the finish line.

Last edited:
Notable games for both:

Mahomes-SB 54 & 57 comebacks, Texans comeback, going into Buffalo and winning.

Brady-SB 49/51 Comebacks, Jags comeback, Win in KC to go to SB, SB 38, Raiders snow game.

3-3 head to head. Includes 2-0 for Brady in postseason.

They are both guys who make others around them better.

This conversation in the end...is dumb. How does one decide which one to pick?

Media is prisoner of the moment. If Mahomes has a terrible game against 49ers, they would immediately say Brady. If he wins, they will say Mahomes
How does one choose?

Pats fans choose Brady and Chiefs fans choose Mahomes which is the way it should be and what anyone else says doesn’t matter to me.

Not much of a gambler, but Chiefs at +2 is free money. Money line looks to be the better play.

I don't really care who wins but I think it will be the Chiefs. 49ers may be better overall but its Mahomes. Its effectively the same thing as betting against Brady.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back