PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suh to Dolphins a done deal?

The same goes for Revis. If we have to cut Browner, Wilfork, DMac, to keep him, is he worthy it?

You can't cut a free agent, and Wilfork was gone either way. If you have to cut Browner to afford Revis, then yes, you absolutely do that and you don't think twice about it IMO.

Their defense collapsed in the final month of the season

Maybe @14m per year they dont need to cut him, but if he wants 20m?

If he's dead-set on signing for $20M per year, then he won't be a Patriot next year. He'll be either a Raider or a Jaguar, most likely.

If he's dead-set on signing for $20M per year, then he won't be a Patriot next year. He'll be either a Raider or a Jaguar, most likely.
If its 20 mill or nothing, he will be retired.

Assuming it's true, this is not good news. I usually laugh at teams breaking the bank on one player (franchise QB's excluded), but Suh is a dynamic defender, and I don't like the thought of Brady being subjected to his cheap shots twice a year.

Bigger version of Pollard.

Suh is a great player. Evaluating the signing has to wait for the contract but, interestingly, the Patriots are currently on pace to have the worst DL in the AFCE next year.

I think you could make the case that the Pats had the worst DL in the AFCE this year.

Then I could make the case that it didn't really matter after all.

The Dolphins are a mess right now...they've gutted their receiving corps and pretty clearly told their temperamental (95% temper, 5% mental) "superstar" WR that they wanted to trade him.

And yeah, Suh is a great player, but is he a great teammate? I never got that feeling. Personally, I hope the other AFCE teams keep going for the headline splash instead of actually building a top-to-bottom contender.

Suh is a great player. Evaluating the signing has to wait for the contract but, interestingly, the Patriots are currently on pace to have the worst DL in the AFCE next year.
And Brady's in danger of being the slowest QB. Oh what a mess.

The people who disliked the above post when I posted it earlier are clowns. There's nothing remotely bad or controversial about that post. It's no different than saying something like "The Patriots currently have the best QB in the division".

You have to be 100% clueless to claim it's not correct.

The people who disliked the above post when I posted it earlier are clowns. There's nothing remotely bad or controversial about that post. It's no different than saying something like "The Patriots currently have the best QB in the division".

You have to be 100% clueless to claim it's not correct.

Don't take this too personally Deus, but you care way too much about the dislike button. You don't have to point it out every time someone uses it on one of your posts.

Don't take this too personally Deus, but you care way too much about the dislike button. You don't have to point it out every time someone uses it on one of your posts.

It's not about me. I don't like the abuse of the dislike button. It ends up getting it removed in forum after forum. I don't remember what thread it's from (I think it was the Hartline thread, but I'm not going back to double check), but, earlier today, I gave someone a like just to counter yet another stupid dislike he'd been given, and I pointed that out, too.

Abuse of the negative rep leads to elimination of the negative rep. And that's a problem, IMO, because having an all positive system sucks.

It's not about me. I don't like the abuse of the dislike button. It ends up getting it removed in forum after forum. I don't remember what thread it's from (I think it was the Hartline thread, but I'm not going back to double check), but, earlier today, I gave someone a like just to counter yet another stupid dislike he'd been given, and I pointed that out, too.

Abuse of the negative rep leads to elimination of the negative rep. And that's a problem, IMO, because having an all positive system sucks.

Perhaps I've missed something, but does the rep system actually mean anything? I'm not a paid supporter, so does it add (or remove) features or anything due to your score? Or is it just an e-peen thing.

Perhaps I've missed something, but does the rep system actually mean anything? I'm not a paid supporter, so does it add (or remove) features or anything due to your score? Or is it just an e-peen thing.
I think it's just an e-peen thing. I plan on becoming a paid supporter because I enjoy the site and Ian's efforts to keep it functioning well but I wouldn't care about the banner. But Deus is right. People that just click dislikes on statements that aren't incorrect or controversial are straight clowns.

I think it's just an e-peen thing. I plan on becoming a paid supporter because I enjoy the site and Ian's efforts to keep it functioning well but I wouldn't care about the banner. But Deus is right. People that just click dislikes on statements that aren't incorrect or controversial are straight clowns.

But again, if it has no consequences and is straight up about online ego, then I think it's a silly thing to worry about.

But again, if it has no consequences and is straight up about online ego, then I think it's a silly thing to worry about.

People lose their minds over it. Then again, this is the internet. People lose their minds over pretty much everything.

True but if someone disliked something, wouldn't you want to know why, particularly if the statement wasn't incorrect? You and I might not care as much as the next guy but some do.

People lose their minds over it. Then again, this is the internet. People lose their minds over pretty much everything.

Well that was my only point is all, people SHOULDN'T lose their minds over it. But oh well, I've voiced my opinion and certainly won't badger anyone who cares. Just strange to me is all.

True but if someone disliked something, wouldn't you want to know why, particularly if the statement wasn't incorrect? You and I might not care as much as the next guy but some do.

Agreed, which is why I try to respond to a post rather than just dislike it. Unless the post is downright ridiculous and there are no adequate words to describe it's atrociousness, then the button is just quicker ;) But I'm not really bothered by people who dislike-and-run, and I certainly am not going to worry about my internet score.

I'm not too concerned if Suh lands in Miami. It strengthens one of their better units whilst blissfully ignoring the other line... the one in actual need of a major upgrade.

I really can't stand when people dislike/disagree and not even counter the point. Even when its not me being negatively repped. It's just lame.

I'm not too concerned if Suh lands in Miami. It strengthens one of their better units whilst blissfully ignoring the other line... the one in actual need of a major upgrade.

You make a good point, but when Brady is getting his nuts stomped on twice a year, we are all going to care.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back