PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stupid rant time: "old school" jerseys

Not only did the Tuna want to shop for the groceries, he wanted to get the clothes as well! Guess we should be glad he didn’t get his choice of groceries in ‘96 because the guy he wanted, Tony Brackens, fell all the way to the 2nd round, 26 spots after Terry Glenn.

I didn’t know about the league mandate (is that still the case today?), thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
I think it's five years now.

How odd is that taking a promo photo then changing the uniforms?
Orthwein was on a logo/uniform spree. His St. Louis Stallions helmet and jersey was already made. Local media kept on pounding the team as usual, and he and Bob Kraft, who in fact chose the f.e., cared about nothing more than media hype. Didn't know/couldn't care less about football or the fans.

Sorry to say it, but Pat Patriot isn't walking through that door, folks. And if he does, he's gonna be cool, awesome, 'historically accurate', greeted with jubilation and relief by most people on Earth, and he may not even snap the ball over his punter's head.
Thanks, Rick.

I didn't mean for this to be a jersey debate thread. I'm just pissed I can't buy our "old" jerseys anymore unless they're used

I didn't mean for this to be a jersey debate thread. I'm just pissed I can't buy our "old" jerseys anymore unless they're used
At some point they should be available, including customized. There is a restrictive marketing rule which applies to certain retired players. I have found the old road whites hard to find.

I love every Patriots uniform up until the current design. It's not bad, it's just kind of boring. I'd prefer if they'd go back to something a little more colorful, like the classic red or the brighter blue from the 90s. I doubt we'd ever get a full revival of either of those uniforms but maybe something modernized. I just think the dark blue has kind of run it's course.

I love every Patriots uniform up until the current design. It's not bad, it's just kind of boring. I'd prefer if they'd go back to something a little more colorful, like the classic red or the brighter blue from the 90s. I doubt we'd ever get a full revival of either of those uniforms but maybe something modernized. I just think the dark blue has kind of run it's course.
It looks like one of the designers played World of Warcraft and thought Hellscream's shoulder armor would translate well to a uniform.

i dont even mind the new ones they just need to hire a 7 year old girl who knows how to match primary colors together to re-design the pants and helmets

It looks like one of the designers played World of Warcraft and thought Hellscream's shoulder armor would translate well to a uniform.
Bob's the Emperor, and we've been stuck with his new clothes since 1993.

I would say I'm the little kid in the crowd, but there are millions everywhere who totally agree with me.

You would think that having each of the past uniforms, plus the current one would generate far more revenue. Apparently a more profitable business model is that of exclusive contracts and styles.

Bob's the Emperor, and we've been stuck with his new clothes since 1993.

I would say I'm the little kid in the crowd, but there are millions everywhere who totally agree with me.
All whites (like we had in 78) ... White helmet with FE overlaying a ghost-like image of Pat

I stopped buying NYFL merchandise many moon ago. The last things I bought were 5 pairs of fleece gloves with the hideous flying elvis logo. If they had them with Pat Patriot I would have bought 10 pairs.

Next up - cheerleader slutmogs (couldn't resist!)? :haha:

Slutmogs....don't know what that is but it sounds dirty...

I stopped buying NYFL merchandise many moon ago. The last things I bought were 5 pairs of fleece gloves with the hideous flying elvis logo. If they had them with Pat Patriot I would have bought 10 pairs.
Good News: just got discharged.

Minor hiccup, blood clot hemorrhage requiring second surgery, all good.

Bad News: Patriots uniforms still suck.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back