PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Streak of 17 Straight Years With 10+ Wins Is Over

If we beat the Jets and one of Miami or Buffalo, we finish 8 and 8. That would be a tremendous coaching achievement.
It might be, but that's not happening...Miami & Barfalo smell blood in the water, and they're going to extract some revenge for the last 20 years, especially with PO seeding at stake (for them of course, not us)...

It might be, but that's not happening...Miami & Barfalo smell blood in the water, and they're going to extract some revenge for the last 20 years, especially with PO seeding at stake (for them of course, not us)...
When Buffalo comes to foxboro, we should put cut outs of Brady in uniform in all the empty seats and watch Buffalo have a meltdown flashback!

I think they’ll beat Miami. Dolphins aren’t that good. They’ll probably lose to Buffalo.

But if they somehow win both and clinch .500 it would be great to see them put a nothing roster out there in week 17 and force the Jets to win and lose out on the top pick. Lol. Then they can start Stiddy. :)

Last edited:
Another milestone that's out of reach is 19 straight seasons with the best record in the AFCE.

Most 10+ win seasons in a row
Most sb appearances
Tied for most sb wins
Longest game winning streak
Most playoff appearances in a row
Most winning seasons in a row
Most conference championship appearances in a row

Am I missing any?

Most sb appearances
Tied for most sb wins

Am I missing any?
That’s amazing. And in two decades.

Most sb appearances
Tied for most sb wins

Am I missing any?

It was a good long run. Unprecedented in sports history except by the Yankees run of the late 1920's - early '60's.

The run of this team in the last 20 years will never be duplicated again in the NFL. The league is designed specifically to prevent this from happening...and it happened anyway.

Thank you Tom. Thank you Bill. What a ride it’s been.

If we beat the Jets and one of Miami or Buffalo, we finish 8 and 8. That would be a tremendous coaching achievement.
I know this will rub some the wrong way but Detroit and Denver and Washington both have 5 wins. I’d much rather improve draft stock than get some 8-8 moral victory. It would still be bittersweet because Belichick will come up one game and one year short of Landry’s 20 year consecutive winning season streak. So it will already be a sad anyways. Rather get something for it

I know this will rub some the wrong way but Detroit and Denver and Washington both have 5 wins. I’d much rather improve draft stock than get some 8-8 moral victory. It would still be bittersweet because Belichick will come up one game and one year short of Landry’s 20 year consecutive winning season streak. So it will already be a sad anyways. Rather get something for it

I would have preferred bb acknowledge we were going to suck this year, and have him rest the veterans by having them opt out and go zero and 16 with a bunch of youngsters
Yea, Lawrence is that good in my mind.

I was walking into the liquor store this afternoon wearing my pats hat and one guy says to me as he was leaving “what team do we root for now”. I was like, WTF so I pointed to my hat and said this one! Go pats for life baby.

I did not make it inside for every Super Bowl, but I was there and I have stories.

Ticket availability, counterfeit tickets, seat location and prices were the determining factors if I made it into the game.
So, are you saying that you got into the game if your counterfeit tickets worked?

Most sb appearances
Tied for most sb wins

Am I missing any?
But what have they done this year caller? Your right Mike!

With the Pats elimination from the AFCE race it’s official there will be no Chiefs or Steelers regular season game next year. If they finish third they’ll probably get Denver again and also the Ravens.

If the Pats are aiming for the playoffs in 2021 that will help.

Due to the cap rules and consistent player turnover there has never been a similar run in sports history that I am aware if. Just looking at how different the rosters were in 2014, 2016 and 2018 makes the accomplishment even more amazing. The NFL does not have built in advantages like baseball ($) and basketball (geography) and the Pats also had the additional burden of a 1st place schedule every year. Let's hope this off season is the start of a new run.

With the Pats elimination from the AFCE race it’s official there will be no Chiefs or Steelers regular season game next year. If they finish third they’ll probably get Denver again and also the Ravens.

If the Pats are aiming for the playoffs in 2021 that will help.

One of the bigger upgrades we’ll see next year is an easier schedule. 2nd or 3rd place opponents is a big help plus no NFC west next year which we were 1-3 against. Even with minimal improvements roster wise I still see an increase by 2-3 wins with a better schedule alone.

September and October is usually the time we are still gelling and finding our identity. Even with Brady we had a lot of 2-2 type starts. If the team can hover around.500 in this portion they should be a playoff team. This year hurt having kc and sea early, and Denver/sf were the ‘easier’ games but those teams are no gimmes, usually you have at least a couple gimmes while weathering that early part.

I think Dallas has 20 straight winning seasons

I would have preferred bb acknowledge we were going to suck this year, and have him rest the veterans by having them opt out and go zero and 16 with a bunch of youngsters
Yea, Lawrence is that good in my mind.
I understand the sentiment, but this is my take (not complaining about yours, it's a valid opinion and could be considered smart use of time)
Vince Lombardi said:
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back