PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

Brady talked about being a sixth round choice his entire career.
Sure. I mean that was out of his control but Bill telling him Johnny Foxboro could play better than him went up and down his ass like nails on a chalkboard. Just look at the way Glazer, Licht and Arians talked about Brady when he was in Tampa vs the way Bill did for 20 years? The juxtaposition is stunning.

Pretty sure Blank heard some of this when he said "lots of stories, a lot of things," and decided Hell no on hiring Bill.

In my impression way too many on this site are ungrateful and spiteful for the unprecedented 2 decades of winning & dominance.
Maybe following since 1960 gives me a different perspective. I don't dance on people's graves. Especially HOF candidates.
Were I the owner I would have planed to move on from HOF coach BB last year because of his age. Age gets us all. Times change and we don't change enough and quickly enough.
I look fwd to the new staff and hope that the org is staffed enough with astute judges of talent for drafting and FA acquisitions and the ability to not only get the max out of the talent but to grow them via excellent coaching.

Do other fanbases do this? "Hey let's celebrate an unprecedented amount of success by burning it all down!"
Bob and Bill burnt it all done. It should have never ended the way it did with Brady. Look at how Kobe's career ended, Ortiz, Jeter. I mean what they did was bat **** crazy to the GOAT.

In my impression way too many on this site are ungrateful and spiteful for the unprecedented 2 decades of winning & dominance.
Maybe following since 1960 gives me a different perspective. I don't dance on people's graves. Especially HOF candidates.
Were I the owner I would have planed to move on from HOF coach BB last year because of his age. Age gets us all. Times change and we don't change enough and quickly enough.
I look fwd to the new staff and hope that the org is staffed enough with astute judges of talent for drafting and FA acquisitions and the ability to not only get the max out of the talent but to grow them via excellent coaching.
I would have moved on from BB in 2018 (or at least 2019) and kept TB. But saying that at the time would have been denounced as heresy. Literaly everybody refused to see what was going on and labeled the reports we had at the time as gossip from pseudo-jounalists.

I think it was not about his style (which I still think it was/is correct). But the exasperation of his style and the inability to let it go just a little bit acknowledging TB "exceptionalism". And not being held accountable for his mistakes by RK.
So, Ego and the old say "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Last edited:
I am sorry but F Bill. What a fricking clown to have done what he did to Brady at the end. Both he and Bob could not wait after that first SB win to take all the credit for themselves and tout the "Patriot Way."
That's 100% wrong. Hate him all you want, but he always gave the players credit. It's a players game... right out of his own mouth.

His crap worked. Until it didn't. You don't have to like him, but to say he took credit is revisionist history in an effort to discredit him. You don't like his style? Fine. Watch the documentary and roll around in it, because it's gonna make him look bad. He was the evil genius behind it. It worked.

Wow. Even Slater talks about how bad things were in the last decade or so, with attribution that the high authoritarian leadership style of the head coach as the primary cause.

(If you don't subscribe to NYT or The Athletic, open in Firefox and use the read function.)
Yes. I read the article in the athletic your right it was pretty contentious. Amazing we still won in spite.

How is acknowledging reality = celebrating?
They're not. That's my point. I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge reality. It's just weird to me to watch a documentary about the dynasty... the most unique dynasty in the history of football, and mainly want to talk about how terrible it was at the end. If given the choice between celebrating and acknowledging reality that is no longer part of the team, I'd rather celebrate.

Shrug. Maybe that's just me.

Nah, I'm done. The blind homers are too far up Bill's ass to acknowledge reality.
intrigued baby says o rly GIF

That's 100% wrong. Hate him all you want, but he always gave the players credit. It's a players game... right out of his own mouth.

His crap worked. Until it didn't. You don't have to like him, but to say he took credit is revisionist history in an effort to discredit him. You don't like his style? Fine. Watch the documentary and roll around in it, because it's gonna make him look bad. He was the evil genius behind it. It worked.

We are all entitled to our opinions. BB literally sucked all the fun out of winning 6 chips. I mean look at the way Tampa celebrated its SB with the boat parade and Arians getting blasted. Bill was always the curmudgeon snorting and grunting his way through presser after presser. You say he always gave credit to the players? Not while they were playing for him, he didn't. Or did you forget him saying "it's no open heart surgery" after Brady won the AFCGG game vs the Jags with his thumb stitched up with no Edelman or Gronk?

And his **** relationship with the league is what cost us TWO first round draft picks for stupid rule book violations. He just could never understand how to play the game within the game. Brady never gets suspended for fricking ball deflation if BB did not handle Spygate like a complete moron.

They're not. That's my point. I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge reality. It's just weird to me to watch a documentary about the dynasty... the most unique dynasty in the history of football, and mainly want to talk about how terrible it was at the end. If given the choice between celebrating and acknowledging reality that is no longer part of the team, I'd rather celebrate.

Shrug. Maybe that's just me.
It sounds like it's gonna be a hit piece. Bill made a lot of enemies in the media. I am not surprised it's going to make him look bad. Lots of people waited to piss on him, so here it comes.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back