PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Smith Cut. Sign him now

This pisses me off - shoulda had him

I can't speak for everyone. For me it's personal more than logic because TB and Steve Smith are my two favorite players and I've fantasized about Brady to Smith since....well the 2004 Superbowl.

It hurts knowing it was so close to happening.

With your username, I hope you would understand that.

PS: People said the EXACT same thing you are right now about Moss too when he came here.
Moss didn't seriously beat up three of his teammates and get charged/suspended for it. Smith is a dink and would not have fit here. He should fit pretty good with his fellow dinks in Baltimore. Glad this nonsense is over.

I wonder if a reasonable deal can be reached to acquire Andre Johnson from the Texans?

Moss didn't seriously beat up three of his teammates and get charged/suspended for it. Smith is a dink and would not have fit here. He should fit pretty good with his fellow dinks in Baltimore. Glad this nonsense is over.

Be honest, you really don't know much about Smith on a personal level.

Compared to Moss's character, Smith is a saint. Fight or no fight.

Smith just signed with the Ravens..
3 years 11 million via Adam Schefter on twitter.

Wish we grabbed him.

For the money, that would have been a great deal for the Pats. Surprised that he cancelled a flight to New England to accept that contract; must have really loved whatever they were selling him on re: his role.

But as yet another contract comparable, this still bodes well for re-signing Edelman. Looks like he overestimated his market, based on the other WR deals that are being signed.

Be honest, you really don't know much about Smith on a personal level.

Compared to Moss's character, Smith is a saint. Fight or no fight.
Oh for heaven's sake, GIVE IT A REST! Go back to post No. 19 and the links I provided. That's all ANYONE needs to know about this dink on a "personal" level.

He's almost 36 years old, 5-foot-9, and says he wants to move to the slot after 13 years in one of the league's least sophisticated offenses. And you think he would "fit right in" with one of the most complex, selflessly demanding passing games in the history of the NFL? ESPECIALLY after playing sandlot ball with Cam Newton and making it public he has no respect for his quarterback? This guy has mini-Ochocinco written all over him, except with a bad attitude on a short fuse. Let Baltimore have him and be glad about it.

Great deal for the Ravens, knowing what we know about Ozzie Not surprised he got it done either. Wish we had got him here, would've been a favorable deal and helped sure up the outside.

For the money, that would have been a great deal for the Pats. Surprised that he cancelled a flight to New England to accept that contract; must have really loved whatever they were selling him on re: his role.

But as yet another contract comparable, this still bodes well for re-signing Edelman. Looks like he overestimated his market, based on the other WR deals that are being signed.

So he didn't like Cam's accuracy and he's going to Bmore? Has he seen their QB?

Why would he choose Flacco over TFB?

He is a massive douche anyway so he will fit right in with the ratbirds.

If SS has any speed left he's a better fit for Flacco than Edelperson. Flacco likes to just heave it deep. But then SS is a smurf, at his age not gonna go up and get the ball away from Revis or Browner. OK he'll tool Arrington.

Because after a whole career of winging it, he knows he doesn't have the smarts/discipline/patience to become a team player in the Patriots offense. Brady would throw him out on his ear.

Because after a whole career of winging it, he knows he doesn't have the smarts/discipline/patience to become a team player in the Patriots offense. Brady would throw him out on his ear.

I think I'm going to get out of here, before ignorant comments like this make me lose it.

For your information Tunescribe, comments like yours to people who actually know a damn thing about Steve Smith, are about as infuriating as those ignorant idiots who say Tom Brady is a selfish, cry baby drama queen because one time he cursed out his OC.

And that's all they know.

It's equally as ignorant. And equally blasphemous.

I think I'm going to get out of here, before ignorant comments like this make me lose it.
Truth hurts, eh? Well, you can always watch your binky flame out with the Ravens. Like I said earlier, they should put him in the ring with Ray Rice. Might even happen on its own. ;)

Because he can grab the stage with the taciturn Flacco like he did the first three years of Cam in Carolina. He'd just be a Pats WR, like Ocho was. Mouth zipped. Not Steve Smith's style.

Bullet dodged, money paid is ridiculous, who IMO will be lucky to see more than 3rd down action. When looking at the WR free agents he wasn't even in my thoughts as someone we would target. Would love to see how his deal is penned. 3.5m signing bonus!. Baltimore would have to be nuts to not have his contract performance related.. all players over 34 should be performance related bar the QB position IMO.

It's what they do, whine and heave personal attacks like children.

He chose the Ravens, they are a quality organization. Deal with it.

They talk like they actually know these guys, it's weird what sports/the internet does to people.

It's exactly like Louis C.K said about when your driving lol.

Punk this, Cancer that.

His resume' is impeccable, would've welcomed his toughness. O well.

Per NFLN tonight: Stevie said his priority was to be in a "fun atmosphere" in which he could be himself (gum-flapping). Winning a championship apparently was down the list, hence canceling his visit to Foxboro. That pretty much sums up this "great competitor."

Translation - NE was not going to put up with my crap

Per NFLN tonight: Stevie said his priority was to be in a "fun atmosphere" in which he could be himself (gum-flapping). Winning a championship apparently was down the list, hence canceling his visit to Foxboro. That pretty much sums up this "great competitor."

Yeah those guys in baltimore are criminals, so I would imagine they would let Smith run his mouth.

Can you imagine Smith complaining to Brady about not getting the ball or pulling one of his dez bryant-like tantrums on the sidelines?

For your information Tunescribe, comments like yours to people who actually know a damn thing about Steve Smith, are about as infuriating as those ignorant idiots who say Tom Brady is a selfish, cry baby drama queen because one time he cursed out his OC.

And that's all they know.

It's equally as ignorant. And equally blasphemous.

But "Tammy" is a cry baby...but the difference is he gets what he wants and they don't...zing! :singing: :rofl:

That's what I tell anyone who whines(hypocrites I know) about how they say Brady whines all the time. :)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back