Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do We Need An Upgrade In Defensive Play Calling?

• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No, anyone named Belichick is the best at coaching in any role.

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
I don’t like points per game. Buffalo had the best ranked D, but I don’t think their D was that good. They got humiliated vs KC.

Most knew the Pats D was flawed (lack of speed, can’t stop the run and no second outside CB) and got exposed vs Buffalo twice. Each meeting got worse. And they didn’t do well against top offenses in normal weather.
What's the philosophical change you would make to the defense?

Read the article in the thread I posted. Steve AND Mayo were given equal say in the defense. And they couldn't make it work. The question becomes why couldn't they make it work when BB at the controls could make it work?

My belief is that Steven isn't a good DC. He's an excellent DBs coach. I'm not so sure about his ability to coach the OLBs. What was clear during games is that players such as Van Noy were doing their own thing both before and after the 7 games that BB was in control.

I think that MAYO is an excellent LB coach. And many clearly believe he'd make an excellent HC with the number of interviews. The question is whether or not he can be a DC.. Some people can't. Just like some people make excellent Coordinators, but horrible HCs.
BB's decision to have two coaches (one of them his son) with equal status is where it went wrong from the standpoint of the players.
Two many cooks spoil the broth.
No man can serve two masters.
That sort of thing

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back