PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Well let's be honest. The difference between the two teams is one had the best QB in NFL history fall out of the sky and the other drafted the biggest bust in NFL history (even though nobody...including me...had a problem with that pick at the time). And........of course...........a certain call which completely reversed the fortunes of each team.

wow, what happened to the raiders ? wasn't their motto and mantra "just win, baby", calls be damned. i guess the tuck rule took all the starch out of them. since then they're closer to the chargers, crying all the time.

wow, what happened to the raiders ? wasn't their motto and mantra "just win, baby", calls be damned. i guess the tuck rule took all the starch out of them. since then they're closer to the chargers, crying all the time.

You know I'd never seen this infamous tuck rule that happened between the Pats-Jets earlier in that season and I've often wondered how many Pats fans even remembered it. It's at the 1:49 mark of this video and isn't even close to the same thing:

YouTube - ‪The Tuck Rule‬‏

It is SO amusing to watch Raider fans bleat and squeal about a correctly called play 10 years later!!
jester.gif

Please don't stop!! :rocker:

Justin Houston isn't an OLB convert anymore. He put up big numbers at the position last year. While ability to drop into coverage is useful, the Pats need someone that can rush the passer. The Broncos didn't draft Von Miller because of his coverage ability.

I agree with you that Vereen is a versatile back, but again, Kendall Hunter can do all of the things you mentioned.

Are you kidding me? Miller might be one of the best LB coverage guys we've seen. Warren Sapp remarked(roughly), "You either have that or you don't. And he's got it," when he referred to Miller in coverage drills at the combine.

As far as the debate about why take both Ridley and Vereen, is that they both compliment each other. Ridley is a bigger more powerful back. He's going to run through you. On the contrary, Vereen is elusive. He's going to run around you instead of through you. He's a better receiver from what I've seen as well. The NFL is moving to a two-back system, and this might be NE's beginning of one.

I posted this on the main board, but if anyone wants they can watch Ridley (and mallett) on CBS college at noon on thursday and then at 5 on friday in a replay of the LSU-Arkansas game from last year

You know I'd never seen this infamous tuck rule that happened between the Pats-Jets earlier in that season and I've often wondered how many Pats fans even remembered it. It's at the 1:49 mark of this video and isn't even close to the same thing:

YouTube - ‪The Tuck Rule‬‏

You're right. It's not even close to the same. The Raiders should have been called for Roughing the Passer and the Pats should have been given 15 yards and a 1st down. Woodson's hand CLEARLY hits Brady in the head before hitting the ball.

Would you like to continue? Or do you enjoy showing people your ineptness?

If the FUTURE GB defender STRIPPED brady instead of crushing his back and in doing so he made the tuck happen by making TFB throw off balance. I ain't no QB but you try throwing a football while being hit in the back by Mr. Brady stole our ring. The shove in the back made the pass go forward and inaccurate as it was released from Brady's hand. I've seen the front and BACK angles of that play... Woodson is it? hit brady in back and forced the throw to go forward and hit the ground. Brady did not see the hit coming you have no idea what woodson's hit on back did to the football... if anything Mr. Woodson helped us win the SB when he hit instead of stripped:)

Right. Well let's be honest. The difference between the two teams is one had the best QB in NFL history fall out of the sky and the other drafted the biggest bust in NFL history (even though nobody...including me...had a problem with that pick at the time). And........of course...........a certain call which completely reversed the fortunes of each team.

You know what's interesting about that best QB in history who fell out of the sky? He was drafted by a team that had a $100 million starter and an intriguing backup on the roster already -- just like Mallett, a player you say the Pats shouldn't have taken, because QB isn't a need.

There's an awful lot of revisionist history in your posts. You say everyone knew Vollmer had potential. Does that include all those talent evaluators who decided not to include him on the list of 59 offensive linemen invited to the
combine?

You know what's interesting about that best QB in history who fell out of the sky? He was drafted by a team that had a $100 million starter and an intriguing backup on the roster already -- just like Mallett, a player you say the Pats shouldn't have taken, because QB isn't a need.

There's an awful lot of revisionist history in your posts. You say everyone knew Vollmer had potential. Does that include all those talent evaluators who decided not to include him on the list of 59 offensive linemen invited to the
combine?

Well said. And I seem to recall the Raiders already have a nice little streak going of 11+ loss seasons long before JaMarcus came aboard.

Aweome link, I'd never heard of those guys before. They effin rock. Elements of their style can be heard in some of the biggest metal bands of the 70s and 80s. These guys had a huge impact on the genre for such an obscure band.

my favorite history teacher posted that on my wall... Awesome teacher and a great guy (grew up in EAST Germany) such a cool guy

and I post link again for others and b/c it is awesome

(give me likes if u enjoy link) check it out

YouTube - ‪Focus - Hocus Pocus Live '73‬‏

1) For whatever reason, NE was legitimately poor after the first round from 2004-2008, and simply poor overall from 2006-2008. Thankfully, they offset this somewhat by mining the UDFA fields very well and by the WR trades in 2007.

2004 - Didn't have anyone last very long, though Christian Morton bounced around for a few years after the Pats

2005 - Not sure how you could say this was a poor draft after the 1st round when you got Hobbs, Kaczur, Sanders and Cassell out of it.

2006 - One bright spot here in Gostkowski. Dave Thomas didn't excel for the Pats, but he's developing in New Orleans. LeKevin Smith was decent for a late round pick.

2007 - Almost no team had luck drafting after the 1st round here.

2008 - Yep.. Pretty bad..

One of the things they have in common is that McDaniels was part of the talent evaluation process for the offensive side of the ball from 2006 through 2008. I think that McDaniels could recognize talent, but he'd over-look character flaws. Something that BB doesn't seem to do much..

And none of them do film review or personal interviews.. They are all based on their idea of talent.

NFLDraftscout.com has Vereen as a 3rd rounder with a high of late 2nd early 3rd.

NFLDraftScout.com has Ridley as a late 5th/early 6th rounder with a high of late 3rd/early 4th.

Though I use NFLDraftScout.com almost exclusively, I take into consideration the holes in their process. Holes that you have and you have chosen to ignore, even when they've been pointed out to you.

With all of the information available today from written audio & video sources, to claim that we have merely 1/1000th of Bill's info is simply untrue. It's ludicrous, disingenious & irresponsible to even make that claim.

No it's not. Because what you don't have is actual applied knowledge. Nor do you have the film study or the personal interviews.

What is ludicrous, disingenuous, and irresponsible is for you to claim that those sources provide you with enough information to make actual evaluations beyond just talent. And talent alone will get you no where in the NFL.

I know for a fact that the Raiders really liked Vollmer and considered him in the 3rd round.

Again, I don't base my rankings off of other people's opinions. Our site is always in the top-10 on The Huddle Report's top-100 board rankings. I'm pretty good at figuring out what a player's actual value is.

Sorry. Gotta call BS here.

The Huddle Report

You ranked 62 this year and you aren't in their Top 26 over the last 5 years. If you are going to make a statement, the least you could do is make one that isn't so easily checked and proven wrong.

2004 - Didn't have anyone last very long, though Christian Morton bounced around for a few years after the Pats

2005 - Not sure how you could say this was a poor draft after the 1st round when you got Hobbs, Kaczur, Sanders and Cassell out of it.

2006 - One bright spot here in Gostkowski. Dave Thomas didn't excel for the Pats, but he's developing in New Orleans. LeKevin Smith was decent for a late round pick.

2007 - Almost no team had luck drafting after the 1st round here.

2008 - Yep.. Pretty bad..

One of the things they have in common is that McDaniels was part of the talent evaluation process for the offensive side of the ball from 2006 through 2008. I think that McDaniels could recognize talent, but he'd over-look character flaws. Something that BB doesn't seem to do much..

I didn't say 2005 was bad, I said 2004-2008 in cummulative was bad after the first round.

Search my post history if you want to get the long winded thoughts on that same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back