PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephon Gilmore Contract Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Miguel.

So it's basically a 3-4 year deal with the dead money only 3.6 in year 5. Not too bad and doesn't suck up much cap space this season. I would have upped his cap money a few million this season though to being the later numbers down a bit.

Another bit of info from Miguel:

Wonder why they'd make the base salary so low in the one year they know for a fact they're flush with cash.

It seems like he got 31M in guarantees, not 40 as initially reported.

Thats 13M/year. Give 12M/year to Butler because hes a RFA and boom, we got Butler, Gilmore, McCourty, Harmon locked up long term. What a secondary...

Wonder why they'd make the base salary so low in the one year they know for a fact they're flush with cash.
After Branch and Gilmore signing plus the trade for Ealy they'll probably still have around 33-35 million in cap space.

It seems like he got 31M in guarantees, not 40 as initially reported.
Year 3 right now guaranteed for injury, will become fully guaranteed at a later point in time.

I want butler and gilmore on the field together. That secondary could be better than revis/browner in 2014.

As long as we keep butler i wonder if bill had this in mind when he looked at the schedule next year where we face many solid qbs

Amazing how much cap space remains.
Plenty of space for Hightower. And another end and running back and then some.

With the NFL salary cap at $167M per team and expected to rise to $200M per team by 2020, the Pats will allocate less of their cap spending to #1 corner than they have in the past.

For example, in 2001, the Pats allocated 10% of their cap to Ty Law: DraftLinksMiguel's UNOFFICIAL Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

Gilmore is going to cost roughly 6 to 7% of the Pats cap spending over the life of his contract (if he plays it out). If he's a true #1 corner, this is no overpay.

Given the trend on the cap, this is not a bad time to be locking up high end young talent.

Given how much cap space still remains, plus the near inevitable money saved from a Dola cut/restructure, I'm inclined to believe Hightower will come back... and hopefully Butler.

Because they are not done. It's a chess game, Elijah.

Given how much cap space still remains, plus the near inevitable money saved from a Dola cut/restructure, I'm inclined to believe Hightower will come back... and hopefully Butler.
I said during last season that BB finally has the team he wants to coach. He loves this team. He's going to keep the players he wants, add missing pieces, and go to war. I think a lot of guys will get extended with this money. My guess is that High, Butler, and Jimmy G. are staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes