PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephon Gilmore Appreciation Thread

Thanks for everything, Stephon. You are the second best DB that I ever had the pleasure to enjoy on the Patriots, next to Mike Haynes. Best wishes for all of your future efforts in life and football, except when you're playing the Patriots. I'm disappointed, but I understand both your and Bill's point of view. Buona fortuna
Ty law just said. Whatcha talkin about Willis??

Ty law just said. Whatcha talkin about Willis??
Law was great, a true hall of famer, but Mike Haynes was unreal. Ty is 3rd on my list, as a Patriot DB. The Pats have had some great DBs, and Haynes and Gilmore are at the top of my list.

Fantastic player, one of many players deserving of SB MVP. Is he the only Patriot to win DPOY? That was a special season for him.

Fantastic player, one of many players deserving of SB MVP. Is he the only Patriot to win DPOY? That was a special season for him.
Yes sir.

Law was great, a true hall of famer, but Mike Haynes was unreal. Ty is 3rd on my list, as a Patriot DB. The Pats have had some great DBs, and Haynes and Gilmore are at the top of my list.
I never saw Haynes play, but Law wasn’t always lights out. He had some bad years in 1999, 2000 and 2002. He also got torched by some of the best.

I never saw Haynes play, but Law wasn’t always lights out. He had some bad years in 1999, 2000 and 2002. He also got torched by some of the best.

Key player for the 6th Superbowl, one of the best BB free agent signings, great player great person
...and we don't play Philly without him either.

Thanks for everything, Stephon. You are the second best DB that I ever had the pleasure to enjoy on the Patriots, next to Mike Haynes. Best wishes for all of your future efforts in life and football, except when you're playing the Patriots. I'm disappointed, but I understand both your and Bill's point of view. Buona fortuna
Gilly is in the Mt. Rushmore of NEP CBs.

Haynes
Ty
Gilly
RayClay

Patriots HOFer for sure. I assume?

He's also one or two more great years away from being Canton bound. Might be there already.

Regardless, one of the best FA signings in league history.
he should be in the HoF, let alone the Patriots HoF

Let me know when we can start hating on Gilly.

There is no Stephon Gilmore.

Let me know when we can start hating on Gilly.

There is no Stephon Gilmore.
I personally am waiting to be told by the board's "fan police"whether I can appreciate Gilmore or not.

He is a borderline NFL Hall of Famer. He is an all time great patriot. A fantastic FA signing by belichick, definitely one of his best ever moves as a GM.

Gilmore is a 4x pro bowler, and NFL defensive player of the year in a LOADED era. He is a huge reason we went to back to back super bowls. He will be GREATLY missed.

The compensation we got in return for this ATG is embarrassing, but that's another thread. I'll bite my tongue.

He is an all time great patriot.

That's going too far. Excellent player, yes, but more the mercenary type -- not a Patriot legacy type. He came here for the money and left for more money.

I'm sad. The guy was one of my favorite players on the team.

Also, it's pretty insane for a DB to win DPOY in this current pass-heavy era of the NFL. I think Gilmore isn't just Patriots HoF, he has a real shot at HoF.

That's going too far. Excellent player, yes, but more the mercenary type -- not a Patriot legacy type. He came here for the money and left for more money.

Sounds a hell of a lot like their entire current roster.

I was a huge Malcolm Butler fan and didn't like how Butler was phased out, especially when Gilmore's first couple games he seemed to completely miss a couple defensive hand-offs in man/zone coverages.

But Gilmore established himself as great as Law or Revis ever did here. And the Pats championship defenses were always built around an elite cover-man CB1 so they can play man cover-1 as their base defense.

Not looking forward to a weakened secondary. Part of the title drought was no elite CB1 play from 2005-2013.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back