PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephon Gilmore Appreciation Thread

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At his peak, he was one of the best CBs I’ve ever seen. Completely erased #1 receivers in an era where that is nearly impossible. Great teammate from all accounts and a great guy off the field, too. Wishing him the best in his personal and professional endeavors.

1633538579946.png

Last edited:
"mixed emotions" - interesting choice of words. Sounds like he already had his eye on the exit door.

Judon is early making his case, but to this date, Gilmore is the best "big splash" FA signing of the Belichick era. It was met with some skepticism because they were in the midst of not paying Malcolm Butler, but in the end Gilmore was worth every penny and more. If not for "the benching that shall not be discussed again here", Gilmore would have two iconic plays as part of Championship runs, and he deserves a ton of credit and appreciation for his play and professionalism.

Unless he goes to the Chiefs, and then I hope he throws up on his shoes.

Key player for the 6th Superbowl, one of the best BB free agent signings, great player great person

But was he A Great Teammate and Great in the Locker Room like another former Patriot?

Lets all hug

Not only outstanding but clutch too. The final pass breakup against jville in the afcc. Forcing a key int in sb52 ( int went to the safety but that play was all gilly and the only defender to make a damn play that day), and the pick to help seal sb53.

Patriots HOFer for sure. I assume?

He's also one or two more great years away from being Canton bound. Might be there already.

Regardless, one of the best FA signings in league history.

Amazing picture I’ve never seen it from that angle but I remember watching it live and asking myself did Gilmore just break gravity? I’ve never seen anyone jump that long and that far so he must be flying. Just an unbelievable play and nothing but kudos for the man. Thanks for everything Steph and good luck anytime you aren’t playing the Pats.

Judon is early making his case, but to this date, Gilmore is the best "big splash" FA signing of the Belichick era. It was met with some skepticism because they were in the midst of not paying Malcolm Butler, but in the end Gilmore was worth every penny and more. If not for "the benching that shall not be discussed again here", Gilmore would have two iconic plays as part of Championship runs, and he deserves a ton of credit and appreciation for his play and professionalism.

Unless he goes to the Chiefs, and then I hope he throws up on his shoes.
Someone needs to dig up the thread where signing Gilmore was going to be an albatross that permanently closed the Patriots championship window :D

So who’s the next great corner Billy acquires?

Thanks for everything, Stephon. You are the second best DB that I ever had the pleasure to enjoy on the Patriots, next to Mike Haynes. Best wishes for all of your future efforts in life and football, except when you're playing the Patriots. I'm disappointed, but I understand both your and Bill's point of view. Buona fortuna

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back