PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steady Improvement (more stat-whoring)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
AHA! I knew you were secretly Mr. Reiss. Your scam is exposed! :D

Busted! .... Nah, I'm just one of his biggest fans.. And maybe he reads my posts in return? I'm always linking him, so it'd only be fair. :)

I think that all these stats are well and good, but I feel like we lost to the only 'good' team we have played so far. Bengals are only 'pretty good', IMO.

I think on the surface this might appear true. But I think when you break it down the Denver loss has proved to be mainly due to them owning the best defense in the NFL in 2006 and our new developing offense being only 3 weeks along. I think the outcome might be different against them if we meet again in the playoffs when the offense has a full season under their collective belts.

The offense has improved a lot and I think we will have a nice group of WRs as time goes on. The defense seems to be settling into the 'bend and don't give up points', hopefully Seymour can play soon.

But we will know how good we are in three weeks or so.

Agreed. I'm hoping the promise and progress that's been shown matures in the next few weeks.

I'm pretty confident overall. But we haven't played anybody, IMO. And that's a good thing because we have needed the extended time to get rolling this year. The schedule has been a blessing.

As far as this thread not receiving many hits, the good ones never do. Can't say exactly why, but people just aren't up for intelligent threads these days! :rolleyes:

Agreed again about the schedule, though I do think that if we struggle during this middle section that the ending section affords us the opportunity to still make the playoffs while still developing. As long as this team makes the playoffs and gives themselves a chance to use all 16 weeks to jell then I think we'll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes