PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

State of the Teams: New York Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis is a top 5 corner in the league? Since when?

There was a piece on footballoutsiders.com that said he did not allow a single passing TD all last season. He's got great ball skills too. I'd love to have him on the Pats.

Hi....Jets fan here.

Just want to say I love the forum and I'll be posting here more often. The debates are just what I need for a football dry July.

I see a lot of high caliber players on the Jets but no depth. That's been said already though, and I just hope we're as injury free as last year (the other 31 teams as well).

I think Darrelle Revis, my favorite Jet, is one of the best corners in football. Top 5? Mos def!
1. Nnamdi Asomugha, 2. Healthy Champ Bailey 3. Assante Samuel 4. Revis 5 (insert opinion here). The one thing about Revis I love is that four of his five interceptions last year were in the 4th quarter. Interceptions that helped clinch games. Interceptions that took the wind out of teams sails. Game enders folks: that's where it is! That's what got him to the pro-bowl more than anything. Did you see his interception against Anquan Boldin in the pro-bowl by the way? Just checking.

Here is another thing about Revis that is unseen: He makes people work for their pass completions, whenever they DO happen. Receivers have to dive at awkward angles, attempt one handed catches, use a height advantage in combination with outrageous leaps, etc. Completions like this DO happen on Revis, but on an average of maybe once or twice every three games. As a result QB's are thinking to themselves, "How many more chances can I take throwing passes like that?" They tend not to press their luck. I noticed during the Pats vs Jets game in Gillette Stadium that they would use quick huddles to catch Revis while trying to get set on defense. That's smart offense and just something he'll have to work on.

But Revis = Top 5? Most def!

Hope everyone has a great day...

Hi....Jets fan here.

Just want to say I love the forum and I'll be posting here more often. The debates are just what I need for a football dry July.
Welcome! Thanks for sticking up for your lad, we all know he's had a good couple seasons and is getting better and tougher for our lads to work against, we just want him to keep progressing before giving him that final stamp of greatness (of couse if Sexy Rexy ruins him and BB can get him off the trash heap and turn him back on we'll be most grateful). :D

There was a piece on footballoutsiders.com that said he did not allow a single passing TD all last season. He's got great ball skills too. I'd love to have him on the Pats.

Agreed, Revis is legit. I don't think it's outrageous to put him in the top 5. It's debatable, but he's a young player who's still improving and you can make a credible case that he's there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots