PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Started 10-1. Then Finished 2-4. That's a Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The team started like a historic team. Great defense. OK offense.

The last 6 weeks they went 2-4. No good TE all season, and the loss of Andrews and Devlin, wrecked the running game. Sanu, Dorsett, Harry didn't step up as receivers. And the defense suddenly looked very exposed against both run and the pass.

Now the team might lose Brady, Caserio, McDaniels, Van Noy, Jamie Collins, a couple others I'm forgetting.

What a somber end to this chaper.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's difficult to overstate how bad this team was down the stretch. Our running game hinged on a LB doing the best he could at FB while a backup C and injured RG did the best they could. We had zero healthy-and-above-replacement-level WRs. We had quite possibly the worst collection of TEs I've ever seen assembled on an NFL roster. And that was just on offense

Lots of work to do this offseason

Yeah, it's difficult to overstate how bad this team was down the stretch. Our running game hinged on a LB doing the best he could at FB while a backup C and injured RG did the best they could. We had zero healthy-and-above-replacement-level WRs. We had quite possibly the worst collection of TEs I've ever seen assembled on an NFL roster. And that was just on offense

The vibe and momentum just wasn't there after Thanksgiving. Up and down team. This was by far worse than the 05 and 06 offenses which had some of the worst receivers Brady ever had.

Not really. The center and fullback will be back next year.

Not really. The center and fullback will be back next year.
Neither is anything close to a given. They may well be, but Develin has a serious neck injury and blood clots in the lungs have ended other guys' careers. Both are, or least can be and have a history of being, career-threatening injuries.

Last edited:
Neither is anything close to a given. They may well be, but Develin has a serious neck injury and blood clots in the lungs have ended other guys' careers. Both are absolutely career-threatening injuries.

FWIW, Develin was seen breaking a sweat just working out in non-contact practices late in the season, so I'm thinking a return is more likely than not.

Neither is anything close to a given. They may well be, but Develin has a serious neck injury and blood clots in the lungs have ended other guys' careers. Both are, or least can be and have a history of being, career-threatening injuries.

Who knows? Eh. Who knows?

This team folded against practically every good team they faced this year. Unless you wanna count the bills and eagles. It was beyond obvious they weren't good enough.

This team folded against practically every good team they faced this year. Unless you wanna count the bills and eagles. It was beyond obvious they weren't good enough.

Faster than Superman on laundry day.

Who knows? Eh. Who knows?
Yeah it's definitely an unknown, I'm not committing in the other direction by any means, they may well be back. Just objecting to the idea that it's a given they will be.

What I will say is that even if neither comes back, both positions are replaceable with little asset expenditure and Belichick has a strong history when given a full offseason to do so. A full offseason and draft to handle those positions is miles better than having to fix both during the season. It's doable, but as I said before: lot of work to be done

I didn't think their 8-0 record was legit. But I never saw this coming. Not this bad. Oh well.

You know your offense is dogsh*t when they can’t take advantage of a turnover. One of the worse wr units in the nfl. I don’t know if you can blame harry since he’s a rookie but he was pretty much crap along wit the sanu the last 5 games and they where getting a majority of the snaps.

2015 season? Is that you?

I didn't think their 8-0 record was legit. But I never saw this coming. Not this bad. Oh well.
Yeah crazy, 8-0, then 4-5 the rest of the way. When the Jets are better than you after an 8-0 start, you pretty much suck. That Buffalo victory 2 weeks ago seems like a mirage.

The record does not matter. This was a flawed team, they feasted on weak competition to get a good start. In the end, their Achilles heel showed itself for all to see. The defense gave up 14 points. In this era, you should be able to win with that.

We were weak in the trenches. Need an OLine revamp and upgrade TE

We were weak in the trenches. Need an OLine revamp and upgrade TE

Again, we get the Europeans back next year and Andrews. And yes they need to draft or sign TE help desperately.

Yeah crazy, 8-0, then 4-5 the rest of the way. When the Jets are better than you after an 8-0 start, you pretty much suck. That Buffalo victory 2 weeks ago seems like a mirage.

Losing to Miami was in retrospect reflective of this season and team. Just can't make that one play you need on offense or defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots