PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanley Cup - Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks

home teams are 17-2 in game 7s in the finals :eek:

home teams are 17-2 in game 7s in the finals :eek:

It was reported that this will be the 16th 7th game in a Stanley Cup Final and the home team was 12-3 with the last victory by a road team coming a few years ago when Pitt. dumped Detroit. But I understand your point.

The Bruins CAN win this game, they just need to pretend their at home and play like the world is against them.

How do you guys think the game will be officiated?

I could see the whistles getting put away, except that it's been such a "enthusiastic" series already, with some questionable hits and serious injuries.

I could see the whistles getting put away, except that it's been such a "enthusiastic" series already, with some questionable hits and serious injuries.

More hitting will be allowed but i think they will use the threat of a double minor penalty to keep it clean. IMO that's the best way to go anyways - let them play without insulting the integrity of the game.

Also ... i did not know until today they were chanting "LeBrongo" ... :rofl:.

I am a bit embarrassed they yelled flopper on the injury ... that was wrong.

I am nervous - be glad i am not the goalie. :D

I think they'll call it as they see it within reason. It's hard to dictate until you see how both teams come out.

Why is Daniel Sedin making this comment? He wouldn't even be in the NHL if it wasn't for his brother and him tagging along for the ride.

Saw an interesting tweet via Michael Lombardi (retweeting some else's post):

If the Bruins win Game 7, that leaves the Patriots with the longest championship drought among the Big Four Boston/NE sports teams.

I still give the Pats the edge as the top local franchise for their sustained success.

I hope they call it like the Tampa-Boston game 7..which is don't call anything unless it's major. Let them play

It would be crazy if the Bruins could win. Seeing every NE sports team win at least 1 is just amazing when i think about it.

I am only 22 and have seen the Celts, Pats and Red Sox all win a trophy...insane

I think a game of this magnitude the zebras will let the player play, as long as they respect the game. By that I mean at the start of the game, borderline calls will not be called. As the game progresses if any player crosses the line, it will have to be called.

I am hoping they let them play and the players play good hard hitting fast agressive hockey. That's it. The NHL is a great league in spite of some of the airheads that have been in there. They have a solid product. I want game 7 to showcase how great hockey really can be, a fast hard hitting clean game. If the players respect the game, they'll play between the whistles. I think the refs will give them that benefit of the doubt unless they start abusing it...

It would be crazy if the Bruins could win. Seeing every NE sports team win at least 1 is just amazing when i think about it.

I am only 22 and have seen the Celts, Pats and Red Sox all win a trophy...insane

I'm with you on that one, I only had to go through.....

2 Mediocre Pats seasons (unless you want to count '02)

2 bad Celtics seasons

2 bad Bruins seasons (but some heartbreak)

I don't really remember any "bad" seasons from the Sox but there's been a lot of heartbreak

This isn't too bad for being 19.

This would have to be the fastest any city has had all 4 teams win a title.

2004-2011

Pretty insane, please bring everything you have Bruins.

going thru the not so good times makes the good that much sweeter.

it's game day!

Imagine how pumped and excited the players must be..lot of sleepless players tonight

Game 7's of the Stanley Cup final always has a "holiday feel" up here. They talk about the game all day. Excitement building

Can't come soon enough. Hope the B's are not in a "good enough" mode. Many will never ever get to this spot in their profession again.

No passengers tonight....

Last edited:
it's game day!

Imagine how pumped and excited the players must be..lot of sleepless players tonight

The nice thing about this team is that they are battle-tested between the 2 game-7's this year and the disappointment from last year. I was too young to remember the last time they won the Cup, but this will be the 5th time I have seen them play for it. God, I hope they win.

One more thing to everyone honking the "canadian" horn for Vancouver. Any kid growing up in Canada playing hockey will tell you the one thing they dream about most is the very situation we have tonight in Vancouver. For the record, the Bruins have more Canadians than the Canucks themselves. Go B's.

Last edited:
Nothing left to say other than Go Bruins. ..... ;)

tumblr_kqxh68lYG71qzvqipo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents