PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanley Cup - Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks

if the bruins lose the cup, while outscoring their opponent by over 10 goals....that's a travesty

this is by far the weirdest sc finals i've ever seen

The Bruins have been Jekyl & Hyde in this series.....:eek:

They need to pull it out in vancouver on wednesday if they win this

Home ice is so big in this series i feel...

It may seem inconsequential at this point, but I really believe that Boston needs to splay open Schneider this period and give him some doubt as he's been pretty solid in both of his limited appearances in the series so far. In a game 7, if Luongo lets in 2 quick goals I don't think Vigneault is going to hesitate pulling him in favor of Schneider in a game 7. That's IF the B's hold on here and can finally bring the heat in Vancouver.

Last edited:
Look at all those idiots in the street thinking they are winning the cup tonight..little do they know they are going to be going on 40+ years without a cup..go B's

It may seem inconsequential at this point, but I really believe that Boston needs to splay open Schneider this period and give him some doubt as he's been pretty solid in both of his limited appearances in the series so far. In a game 7, if Luongo lets in 2 quick goals I don't think Vigneault is going to hesitate pulling him in favor of Schneider in a game 7. That's IF the B's hold on here and can finally bring the heat in Vancouver.

I just want the B's to score at least 1 in game 7..but they really cant buy a goal there..hopefully wednesday they finally can otherwise its over

Can't ask for more than 1 more shot at it ... let's hope the goal drought ends. Claude was utilizing his forwards off wing in the 1st period and it was successful - perhaps that will be what we see early in game 7 or at some point.

Can't ask for more than 1 more shot at it ... let's hope the goal drought ends. Claude was utilizing his forwards off wing in the 1st period and it was successful - perhaps that will be what we see early in game 7 or at some point.

B's have to score first in vancouver if they want to win IMO..it's as simple as that..score first

I just want the B's to score at least 1 in game 7..but they really cant buy a goal there..hopefully wednesday they finally can otherwise its over

Everything changes now that it's a game 7. Vancouver definitely has the home-ice edge, but I'm willing to bet that the B's show up to play 60 minutes this time.

Everything changes now that it's a game 7. Vancouver definitely has the home-ice edge, but I'm willing to bet that the B's show up to play 60 minutes this time.

Both teams will be giving 110% for 60 min..last game..no next game

offense needs to wake the **** up for once in Vancouver.

offense needs to wake the **** up for once in Vancouver.
I wouldn't mind seeing them belt the Canucks to get the offense flying in Vancouver. It seems a barometer for the Bruins.

B's have to score first in vancouver if they want to win IMO..it's as simple as that..score first

Agreed. I'm not sure it's home ice as much as this. The Canucks have just been folding once things got down -- which I guess is what you expect from some players who are highly talented, if they haven't faced much adversity. Obviously home ice helps guard against that letdown, but I wonder if this is the case.

Agreed. I'm not sure it's home ice as much as this. The Canucks have just been folding once things got down -- which I guess is what you expect from some players who are highly talented, if they haven't faced much adversity. Obviously home ice helps guard against that letdown, but I wonder if this is the case.
A 2 spot early in Vancouver would be nice in a perfect hockey world.

i believe a run of form is in order lmao.:D:D

I am so sick of these dumbass Vancouver fans (notice I didn't say canadians halifax lol) that think Boychuk should be suspended for the raymond play.....I don't even call it a hit because they were tangled up and someone just learning to skate could fall into the boards harder than raymond hit the boards.....It was unfortunate what happened and I watched the replay to see if boychuk exerted force to shove him into the boards and he did not...He just rode him out and that was it....I am so sick of these uneducated Vancouver fans thinking every hit by a bruins player should be a suspension....Anyways sorry to vent as i know the smart bruins fans on this site know there was nothing in this play......

Anyways they need to just throw pucks at Luongo and not look for the "perfect shot".....Even times last night bergeron would pass up an open shot to pass the puck cross ice.....Just put the shots on and anything can happen......Secondly they need to stop playing with the puck in the defensive end and trying to put on a hockey and 1 tape skating the puck out......If you have to just ice the puck to get it out in the situation......Third just continue to play physical and hit the crap out of these soft soccer Casucks......Then we will be hoisting the cup....

I am so sick of these dumbass Vancouver fans (notice I didn't say canadians halifax lol) ....

...hey I am there with ya! Like I said a lot of us are Bruins fans, nice goal by Marchand last night, it got the crowd and team going.

One thing about Marchand though I think he is going too far. CBC was showing between the whistle play of Marchand poking one of the Sedins over and over and over and over again...I think at some point they are going to be poked one too many times. I like a poke here, maybe there, not humiliation which is what Marchand was doing. That could backfire on him. Let your play talk for you. In my opinion the twins are close to exploding a couple goals. Agitate, don't awake.

..and what the hell is up with Burrows. He is weilding that stick around like a machete. Why aren't the refs calling that? He is such a pathetic excuse for a hockey player. LaPierre is obviously crazy but at least he would not be hacking people left right and center. Someone's got to send a message via a clean hard hit to that a-hole.

Timmy is the best man, he is just on total fire. Luongo still has a lot to learn. Yes I get his point, and to some extent it may be valid. But keep it to yourself, no need to broadcast it. I am so glad TT is having much success nowadays. Great competitor.

Game 7? Yup, first goal is big. Crowds have been off the chart so far, Wednesday I wouldn't be surprised if most businesses will just close up shop, the streets are going to be overflowing. I hope the B's pick up some of that energy. I don't think it is going to be 2010 Olympic crazy, but a slightly milder version of that.

This had been a great thread, this has been a great series. Nice to watch some great sports and hopefully the NFL lockout gets some progress soon. Hate to see plaoff hockey end on Wednesday. It's been a great, albeit strange and heated series.

The B's have an opportunity here, that's all you can ask for. Up to them what they do with it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back