PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Spygate 2.0" update: NFL still investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree but this is Roger Goodell so anything goes. He will probably take a draft pick saying it was because of this and integrity and whatever but the real reason is for Patricia wearing the clown shirt. I wouldn’t put anything past the clown on the shirt.

Never put anything past goddell but imo the silence for months is the league saying there’s nothing here we’re moving on. When it comes to us the league is too petty to publicly announce that we were cleared of any wrongdoing, any other team they would’ve made an announcement.

Never put anything past goddell but imo the silence for months is the league saying there’s nothing here we’re moving on. When it comes to us the league is too petty to publicly announce that we were cleared of any wrongdoing, any other team they would’ve made an announcement.

I hope you're right about that. We're 11 days away from the draft and taking a draft pick away now, especially a high one, would really mess with a team's draft strategy.

I could see the NFL quietly burying the Ravens bluetooth violation, but the filming at the Bengals-Browns got so much attention, the league is going to have to address it at some point. One of those brainless twits like Kellerman, Wright, Parker, etc is going to bring it up on TV, start demanding to know what happened and then the league will have to say something.

Why bother investigating now? Does anyone care about it?

I hope you're right about that. We're 11 days away from the draft and taking a draft pick away now, especially a high one, would really mess with a team's draft strategy.

I could see the NFL quietly burying the Ravens bluetooth violation, but the filming at the Bengals-Browns got so much attention, the league is going to have to address it at some point. One of those brainless twits like Kellerman, Wright, Parker, etc is going to bring it up on TV, start demanding to know what happened and then the league will have to say something.
Maybe this whole virus thing will give him an out to just bury it, don't think he will but he could probably if he wanted to.

This story and the Red Sox stories are similar in that they said the results will come in "in about a week or so" about 4 months ago.

If they take a pick it would be for the 2021 draft next year. That’s what they did with the Falcons when they got their penalty for pumping fake crowd noise.

I can’t imagine what justification they’d have to do such a thing but maybe they will anyway because Goodell.

how tone deaf IS this ultra moron Goodell? What kind of scumbag MONSTER even thinks of adding stress to the U.S. population with this IDIOCY?????? Incarcerate this azzolle IMMEDIATELY!

Reactions: Ian
Man, this whole scandal feels like decades ago now..

Yeah, seems like it was years ago.

I just think, unless we come out guns blazing and start off 6-0 or something, the league will be treating us like other teams now.

Thorough...
giphy.gif

It is not forgotten & won't be swept under the rug...

Commissioner Roger Goodell said during his pre-Super Bowl press conference, on January 29. “We’re going to get it right and when we come to a conclusion we’ll certainly make sure that people are aware of it.”

I mean no way would Kommisar Goodell ever go back on his word, right?

The investigation is further delayed by COVID-19, with some luck that should be completed in a few years.

The investigation is further delayed by COVID-19, with some luck that should be completed in a few years.

They completed all the interviews in February. They have all the information they need. There's no need to drag this out any further.

I’m really worried that the Big Breaking News that Jay Glazer has been hyping up all day has to do with this. And if it does that must mean it’s real bad.

I’m really worried that the Big Breaking News that Jay Glazer has been hyping up all day has to do with this. And if it does that must mean it’s real bad.

He said it was national news. I’m guessing it’s not really related to the NFL. Maybe a new show or something. I don’t think he would sit on news related to the league.

If this news was regarding the Patriots and the league findings on this investigation someone like Adam Schefter would have broken it and it would have been released right away instead of teased until 11pm.

Last edited:

I wouldn't put anything past the league but:

1. It is only 8 days until the draft and the league has had months to perform this investigation. It is not as though this investigation started recently and they have been working 24/7 to finish before the draft. To take away a significant draft pick at this point would make their anti-patriots bias obvious to everyone.

2. Positive public perception is the most important thing to Roger. Hitting Kraft's team hard, given all of the positive press that he received for bringing the masks back from China, including in NYC, would seem to run counter to this.

Seems unlikely to me but maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I don’t see any pats related news being released at 10pm. Our crap tends to get released at peak media hours.

I listened to the clip. Glazer called it “very good breaking news”.

Then it won’t be related to this. I think it’s a new show or something.

I wouldn't put anything past the league but:

1. It is only 8 days until the draft and the league has had months to perform this investigation. It is not as though this investigation started recently and they have been working 24/7 to finish before the draft. To take away a significant draft pick at this point would make their anti-patriots bias obvious to everyone.

2. Positive public perception is the most important thing to Roger. Hitting Kraft's team hard, given all of the positive press that he received for bringing the masks back from China, including in NYC, would seem to run counter to this.

Seems unlikely to me but maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Any draft pick loss won’t be this year, it will be next year. That’s how the league has done these things in the past with other teams.

There shouldn’t be any anyway if it was an innocent mistake and it sounds like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes