PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody record this by any chance? We had a small emergency this morning and I missed the show. Now I see they had THIS discussion. :bricks:

Ok you said it yourself consider more than stats to consider who is the best.

Manning is the better QB case closed. I dont like it as much as the next guy but its the truth.

That is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time.

Manning is a major choker, and that is the end of the story.

Get your head examined. Maybe you only started watching football last year?

Choking is choking is choking is choking.

Winning is winning is winning is winning.

Will there be an official game thread??

Your playing with what if's. I asked over a body of work from start to now Manning is the better player and there really is no arguing that because of stats dont lie.

Body of work, OK. Brady highest winning % in history of NF through first 100 gamesL, 2nd best winning % in the playoffs for QB's > 5 starts (Starr #1)# SB wins. The body of work shows Brady to be the better QB, this ability to put up better stats when given high quality skill players is only icing on the cake.

BTW Manning may finish as a top 2 QB in the History of the game. problem IMO when all is said and done Brady will show himself to be the BEST QB in the history of the game.

Manning is the better QB case closed. I dont like it as much as the next guy but its the truth.

Did you let a Colts fans steal your computer or something? What the hell are you talking about?

Not only does that statement not follow from the notion that "stats aren't everything" but the point is that Manning's stats come as a result of playing with two of the best WRs in the game for his entire career, while Brady is just now playing with WRs of the same caliber and looks like Billy Madison in a dodge ball game. How can the case possibly be closed? Did you lose a bet?

Last edited:
Prolly. But the game's not until 4:15EST

I know but i wanna talk now.... the Wife and Kids are at their Grandma's and i have the place to myself... :singing:

I know but i wanna talk now.... the Wife and Kids are at their Grandma's and i have the place to myself... :singing:

LOL Awesome! Congrats on the man-time.

Well, start throwing down the smack now then. About how your defense will shut us down. I'll come back with you can't cover Randy Moss and they'll have to double-cover leaving Welker open in the slot. I'll also mention how they can do some old-school Weiss-style out routes to Stallworth and how he'll turn them into 20 yard gains. Then you'll remind me that we might have trouble moving the chains that way. And I'll throw Jason Campbell in your face saying we only need to score once to win.

How am I doing? :D

I'm excited too. This should be a good game. I'm expecting the most competative Pats match to date, and I know you're looking to see how good your Skins really are.

LOL Awesome! Congrats on the man-time.

Well, start throwing down the smack now then. About how your defense will shut us down. I'll come back with you can't cover Randy Moss and they'll have to double-cover leaving Welker open in the slot. I'll also mention how they can do some old-school Weiss-style out routes to Stallworth and how he'll turn them into 20 yard gains. Then you'll remind me that we might have trouble moving the chains that way. And I'll throw Jason Campbell in your face saying we only need to score once to win.

How am I doing? :D

I'm excited too. This should be a good game. I'm expecting the most competative Pats match to date, and I know you're looking to see how good your Skins really are.

Haha How about this. Roll Taylor over to back up springs on Moss, Pray Rogers can cover Welker, but have McIntosh(a great cover LB) drop back to the right/middle Stallworth/Welker, then have London stay in the box with our front 4 for the run. :)

Its never as simple as that. If Marino had half the receivers Montana had, god only knows what he could have done. Take into consideration more than stats when you discuss who is the "best:.

He did. Mark Duper, Mark Clayton were some of the best. He had Irving Fryar while he was still in his prime. OJ McDuffie was no slouch either.

Look at the receivers Montana has to throw to before Rice & Taylor. Freddie Soloman. Renaldo Neiameia...They are a slight step below Troy Brown and Givins.

Haha How about this. Roll Taylor over to back up springs on Moss, Pray Rogers can cover Welker, but have McIntosh(a great cover LB) drop back to the right/middle Stallworth/Welker, then have London stay in the box with our front 4 for the run. :)

......as a result a healthy and well-rested Maroney goes for 120 yards (he averaged over 4 ypc last year against eight in the box every week), while Kevin Faulk gets 6 receptions out of the backfield for 75 yards.

One of the many facets of the Patriots the Redksins fans have ignored this week is that they have the 7th best rushing offense in the NFL.

Add to the fact that all they have talked about is how great the Redskins D is - - they conveniently ignore that the great Skins D is ranked 5th.........but the pats D is ranked 4th.

Balance, balance, balance. The Patriots do everything well. The Redskins fans keep on putting all their hopes on their, admittedly, excellent secondary.

I always use the Sports Reporters as my source authority on everything football.

I don't know what you're basing your selection on, but Brady is the better quarterback and has had the better career.

I always use the Sports Reporters as my source authority on everything football.

I don't know if you are being serious, but I feel the Sports Reporters definitely lost a step post-**** Schapp.
I can't stand Michael Kay (a guy who makes a huge part of his salary from the YES network is supposed to be objective about the Yankees and Red Sox?)...Mitch Albom seems to have a major chip on his shoulder...and I have developed an appreciation for Mike Lupica as I have aged. They need the fat guy from Philly and Bob Ryan on their more often (no, I'm not a homer).

I believe the term they used was that Brady has not 'nudged' ahead of Manning...I guess the 3 SB rings and solid stats over the years was not enough. Now, I don't really care who they say is better. Here is what I can be sure of though: receivers make a huge difference and Manning has ALWAYS had them, Tom as not. On the flip side, Tom has always had a better defense and coaching staff...and therefore more head to head wins in big games.
On the other hand, the only time they were in a legitimate, defense-be-damned shoot-out, Manning came out on top and Brady threw the late game pick.

Funny you should say that. They kind of left the discussion as "what would Brady look like if he had great receivers like Manning his entire career?
I'll just enjoy watching them both play now and save my judgment when all the numbers have been tallied. I'll count SB's won as the biggest determinant, which makes me believe that if Brady wins the regular season MVP, the TD record, and a 4th SB then he should be considered the front-runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe