PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation about Zappe getting cut

From what I get regarding Mac vs Zappe from Evan Lazar last week on PU was, and I am paraphrasing, is that throwing deep, they are pretty similar. It’s on the medium and short throws where Mac has been separating himself. He has been a lot more consistent.

In my opinion, it’s hard to evaluate Zappe because it’s hard to quantify the impact of having to throw almost all camp to guys that probably won’t be on the roster with the 3rd OL since with all the injuries the 2nd OL was with Mac vs throwing to the 1st receiver.

Zappe has thrown almost the same amount of passes as Mac this camp. They wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t like him. I have a hard time seeing them cutting him.
There is a fumbling issue with him and a high frequency of passes batted down

August fools joke?? the guy needs atleast a year in the new system. I wasn't impressed with Zappe the preseason but he's an alternative.

Any love for Marcus Mariota?? Certainly not a guy with a huge highlight reel, but at 29 might be a decent choice.

Any love for Marcus Mariota?? Certainly not a guy with a huge highlight reel, but at 29 might be a decent choice.
He's only 29? Feels like he's been around forever!

Give me all the stats you want. I consider him capable. It's only my opinion.
And I disagree, but my opinion is backed up by facts.

Under the same make shift O line.. Mac looked solid in green bay.. still no real game planning, scheming.. I'll give you the O line is problematic..
And Mac isn’t being evaluated by plays in a practice game with no game planning, and a rag tag supporting cast either.
Do you think it’s Zappes fault that he had no time to throw?

And Mac isn’t being evaluated by plays in a practice game with no game planning, and a rag tag supporting cast either.
Do you think it’s Zappes fault that he had no time to throw?
I'm not disputing.. I was trying to make the case that Mac played under the same make shift line, he got strip sacked, and Sow allowed the guy to run right by him.. however Mac still looked better.

I'm not disputing.. I was trying to make the case that Mac played under the same make shift line, he got strip sacked, and Sow allowed the guy to run right by him.. however Mac still looked better.
He’s the starting QB.

And comparing 2 drives to playing a game and a half is silly.

But you don’t really think that the way personal decisions are made is by throwing a qb on the field with backups and no game plan and judging him solely on how those plays go, do you?

He’s the starting QB.

And comparing 2 drives to playing a game and a half is silly.
Not really.. the 2 drives IMO looked better than anything Zapp has done in 3 games..

Not really.. the 2 drives IMO looked better than anything Zapp has done in 3 games..
So you think the backup has to look better than the starter while playing with backups?

So you think the backup has to look better than the starter while playing with backups?
No I'd like the backup to look like a back up..

I keep seeing talk on Twitter that Mac and Zappe don’t get along? I don’t see any credible source for this so where is this coming from?

LOL @ the no substance at all article posted maybe 2-3 weeks ago about Zappe outplaying Mac......

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back