PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

South Park makes a funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanetic
As I have said before we don't care what the brainwashed idiots in the rest of the country think in print or in a cartoon.

yea, so what? Matt Groening, who is he again? Oh yea that guy from that show that went way over the sharks head along time ago? Anyway, I watch south park now because of the stories, it has almos zero comedy left in it, unless cartman is the main part of the episode, Family guy on the other hand is pretty much funny 100% of the time. To each their own I guess.

Some of these comments are interesting. I love South Park and think it's just as good as it ever was, often better as time goes on, especially in terms of its topicality. I've tried Family Guy a few times and can't get into the characters at all.

By that definition anytime someone commits a penalty, they are cheating. Then there is a whole lot of cheating going on in the NFL.

If anybody wants to see all of the South Park episodes for free online, there are a mega-ton of websites. My personal favorite is http://www.allsp.com

With the exception of "they lost", this could have been done last fall. I think the creators didn't have the stones to joke about it when the Pats were destroying the league.

Or now it's a national phenomenon and those ignorant of football can enjoy the joke as much as fans ... albeit a little bit late for the fans. Either way, it was funny social commentary.

Fanetic
As I have said before we don't care what the brainwashed idiots in the rest of the country think in print or in a cartoon.

Flasox, I knew I could count on you to flame away!:D

Last edited:
Count on it like the Pats beating the Jets

Wow, this turned into a SP vs FG fight.

Personally, I like the kids of South Park more, Butters tears me up, Kyle and Stan are a great duo and Cartman, basically Archie Bunker in a 9 year olds body. Greatness. I could do with all the crap humor though, and I don't mean bad humor, I mean actual Crap humor, I don't need to see that much crap. Unless I'm looking at a Browns Sideline after they lose to the Steelers again...and again...and again LOL!!!!

Family Guy...Stewie. Its all about the baby. Peter is lame, Meg being a girl that wants to be a boy is not funny anymore, the mother being a closet whorrrreee Peter "when did you get a lower back tattoo" Wife "meth is a hell of a drug honey" is old. Its all about Stewie for me. The dog is ok too, if working with the baby.

As for this episode of SP, Cartman pulling off an Edward James Olmos impersonation had me on the floor more than the ripping of the Pats did. "How Do I Get through to these Keeeeeeds" is freaking hilarious. The combover...the whole thing...I laughed so hard it hurt.

On the subject of SP v.s. FG, I like them both equally. I like South Park because I like thinking man's humor sometimes. I also like it because they are not afraid to bash on anything and anybody (like the Scientology episode where they knew they'd alienate Chef). Cartman is brilliant, Kyle is annoying, Stan is funny (his dad is hilarious), and Kenny has it's moments. All in all, it's about the writing.

As for FG, I watch this to see complete random humor ala Naked Gun. I love Peter and Stewie. Brian has his moments, but after that it drops off a little bit. Still, the random jokes are brilliant.

South Park is funny, just as good now as it ever was. There was nothing wrong with the episode and anyone who can't laugh about this skit takes this team way too seriously. I can just imagine some of you watching with your arms folded and steam coming from your ears. Funny.

And let's face it, what we did most likely didn't result in any victories, but we'll never know for sure. And because of this great unknown, it is pretty much fair game for criticism. Many here have whined too much about the negative press or jokes about the team. I'm sure we would have piled on if this happened to the Colts or another rival. We've gone from "**** the World" to "Leave us Alone."

But seriously, act like it doesn't affect you, and it'll possibly just go away, much like every scandal does.

Wow... this thread became unreadable when people started talking about Family Guy being better than South Park... I didn't think random, completely interchangable toilet humor and random pop culture references could be funny to people, but I guess it is. A poopy joke or copying a commercial or other pop culture reference and plugging one of your characters in to it now constitutes comedy...I mean how do they possibly they come up with this stuff ?

I didn't think random, completely interchangable toilet humor and random pop culture references could be funny to people, but I guess it is.

You just described South Park...

You know the show that just two weeks ago based an entire episode on Britney Spears and this week had penis jokes...

:eek:

Wow... this thread became unreadable when people started talking about Family Guy being better than South Park... I didn't think random, completely interchangable toilet humor and random pop culture references could be funny to people, but I guess it is. A poopy joke or copying a commercial or other pop culture reference and plugging one of your characters in to it now constitutes comedy...I mean how do they possibly they come up with this stuff ?

family guy is better than south park.

You just described South Park...

You know the show that just two weeks ago based an entire episode on Britney Spears and this week had penis jokes...

:eek:

...at least they're written within the context of a plot and not just a sloppy mess of gag after senseless gag, randomly inserted whenever the writers can't find a way to write the show out of a scene.

Can't wait for this week's episode, where the Family Guy writers scan youtube and tv commercials for the latest pop culture crazes, plug in one of their characters and come up with such brilliant ideas as...

Peter as the internet Burger King guy
Brian as the internet Banana
Stewie as William Shatner singing Rocket Man
Brian in the Chuckwagon Dog Food Commercial
Peter singing Rock Lobster
Peter and his friends as the A-Team
Stewie as Tom Cruise
The Family as the Brady Bunch

How do they possibly come up with this stuff ?

And at least the Simpsons went almost 200 episodes before it fell apart and jumped the shark. Family Guy managed to accomplish it in less than 50. Oh and South Park is still going strong, thank you very much.

Family Guy... the only show on television that didn't stop production during the Writer's Guild Strike... and that ought to tell you something. Then again, it is the same writing staff who brought us such gems as 'American Dad'... who can argue with quality like that ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore