PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Patriots "love" Odrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt exactly the same way about Matthews last year also. I was positive he was gonna be the Pats pick and I still regret it. He had a really good rookie year.
I still find it baffling he wasn't our pick......

He could be this year,although its a different guy with Ryan as his first name :)

To me, these players seem like "patriot" players, I can't really explain how, you just sense it.

1. Jared Odrick
2. Dexter Mccluster
3. Toby Gerhart
4. Tim Tebow
5. Ricky Sapp :mad:
6. Mcclain

Who else seems like a "patriot" player?

How about C. J. Spiller and Wilson.........

To me, these players seem like "patriot" players, I can't really explain how, you just sense it.

1. Jared Odrick
2. Dexter Mccluster
3. Toby Gerhart
4. Tim Tebow
5. Ricky Sapp :mad:
6. Mcclain

Who else seems like a "patriot" player?

I saw a mock that had us taking Odrick, Sapp, Tebow, Gerhart and Te'o Nashiem with our first five picks. No WR or TE, but it provides potential playmakers for the offense and defense.

How about C. J. Spiller and Wilson.........

I 'd add Wilson, but not Spiller. In the dynasty decade, the pats never had one RB with a playstyle like Spiller. However, this year would be a good year to start. :D

To Ochmed, I really like that mock except for Tebow.

Jared Odrick Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

Odrick is a defensive playmaker with a great motor. Dominated at the senior bowl. Has the size/speed/strength combo for 3-4 DE. I don't see how he would be a boring pick. Seymour wasn't a boring pick, he was a stud.

But Seymour was a DT taken with the 6th overall pick, converted to DE because of his prototype measurables. The two aren't comparable aside from the position they play.

Ty Warren was also a Pats 1st round DE, and although he has turned into a good starter at the position, you can't tell me he's especially dynamic or inspiring.

"The only information out there at this time of year is mis-information"

Quoted from Bill Parcells,

But Seymour was a DT taken with the 6th overall pick, converted to DE because of his prototype measurables. The two aren't comparable aside from the position they play.

Ty Warren was also a Pats 1st round DE, and although he has turned into a good starter at the position, you can't tell me he's especially dynamic or inspiring.

Psssh. Warren is one of the best linemen in the league. No disrespect, but you're being unrealistic if you think that Warren isn't dynamic. He's a great run defender, and can really collapse the pocket against the run as well. If you could guarantee that Odrick would play at Warren's level, I'd trade up several slots to get him in a heartbeat.

I'm not convinced that's the case, however. I'm really conflicted on Odrick. :confused:

I would suggest watching Maroney's first few games, before his first injury. He was considered a solid contender for OROY.
I guess I missed it............sure weren't many hrs hit because I would have remembered, so I went and looked at his stats and logs, and well there aren't many HRS in that resume, including the 1st year you speak of- he had 1 game with >100 yds, and it was against a PATHETIC Bengals squad, he also had games with < 20 yds, the game before the 125 ydr he had 18 yds...... EIGHTEEN.

Chris Johnson has had games with 2 or 3 hrs IN THAT GAME, I can't remember LoMo hitting ONE in his entire CAREER....he's like a light hitting 2nd basemen.

Not his fault he's just a decent back and nothing special, it is what it is, I was just making reference to the HR hitter reference, I specifically remember him having that said about him, but he's not a HR hitter.

Boring as hell. But Belichick's best #1 picks with us, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Mankins, have all been boring.

Although he's not "my" pick at #22, there's the very strong logic in his favor that the other needs are at deeper positions but there's no other 3-4 DE who are NFL ready in this draft.

You have a good point there. Reminds me of Warren...if we are lucky. I checked his stats and he had 7 sacks last year; that is NOT boring. But he from Penn--yecch.

I see some folks on here think(hope?) that the Pats get ANOTHER 1st rd pick, and load up with high priced studs.....I'm not buying it.

I fall into the "Pats are going to trade down" group because they just don't spend huge $ that 1st rdrs(especially high ones) command.
There would have to be something REALLY special to Bill, because IMO he's NOT going to tie up ALOT of his payroll on one guy that has never played a down for him...and I'm 1000% behind that logic- way too many guys demand way more than they are worth, just because of where they were picked....it's like a bad joke.

One of the things I hope for in negotiations is a HARD cap on the rookie contracts, they hamstring a team like the Pats....since when does a guy that's never done anything or proven himself deserve huge $?

The jobs that 99% of the world get requires proving yourself FIRST, I HATE the way the rookies get paid........ ridiculous
I just hope for good selections.....we've seen some real BUMS come through those doors, and some of those guys are still there.

Jared Odrick Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

Odrick is a defensive playmaker with a great motor. Dominated at the senior bowl. Has the size/speed/strength combo for 3-4 DE. I don't see how he would be a boring pick. Seymour wasn't a boring pick, he was a stud.

Two words....Penn. State.
Like Drafting a Florida WR....nyet!

Cousins I do not know whey there is resistance to this idea. Would rather do the common sense thing and get a proven product like 25 year old Ray Edwards with 11 sacks in the last 11 games including the playoffs. Price won't be far off and he is a proven NFL player. Is Ordick? He costs us #22 and you pencil him in to start day one. Bigger than TBC and Burgess and they are labeled as DEs.
No brainer!
DW Toys

Two words....Penn. State.
Like Drafting a Florida WR....nyet!

Cousins I do not know whey there is resistance to this idea. Would rather do the common sense thing and get a proven product like 25 year old Ray Edwards with 11 sacks in the last 11 games including the playoffs. Price won't be far off and he is a proven NFL player. Is Ordick? He costs us #22 and you pencil him in to start day one. Bigger than TBC and Burgess and they are labeled as DEs.
No brainer!
DW Toys

Percy Harvin

Psssh. Warren is one of the best linemen in the league. No disrespect, but you're being unrealistic if you think that Warren isn't dynamic. He's a great run defender, and can really collapse the pocket against the run as well. If you could guarantee that Odrick would play at Warren's level, I'd trade up several slots to get him in a heartbeat.

I agree he's a great run defender, but I don't see him collapsing the pocket that much. He will tie up defenders but with Ty, the actual pressure needs to come off the edge either through the B or C gap around the player that he's on. Seymour could squirm past his blockers, I don't see Warren do that too often.

You have a good point there. Reminds me of Warren...if we are lucky. I checked his stats and he had 7 sacks last year; that is NOT boring. But he from Penn--yecch.

And now ask yourself what position he's playing. A 4-3 DT has different responsibilities to a 3-4 DE, especially given that we employ a read-react defense.

I agree he's a great run defender, but I don't see him collapsing the pocket that much. He will tie up defenders but with Ty, the actual pressure needs to come off the edge either through the B or C gap around the player that he's on. Seymour could squirm past his blockers, I don't see Warren do that too often.
No, Warren isn't a quick twitch eel, but he puts pressure on the QB when he's allowed ot rush the passer - lets recall that he and Vince were usually pulled so the best 3rd down DL in the NFL could team with Seymour. Ty is money as a DL and I'd love for his clone/twin to fall out of the draft and into the NE locker room.

No, Warren isn't a quick twitch eel, but he puts pressure on the QB when he's allowed ot rush the passer - lets recall that he and Vince were usually pulled so the best 3rd down DL in the NFL could team with Seymour. Ty is money as a DL and I'd love for his clone/twin to fall out of the draft and into the NE locker room.

Odrick had 7 sacks as in 2009. More than Kindle(6) or Sapp (5.5)

I'll Pass .... Defense cant protect Brady from injury..... give him weapons and another capable T or G (both would help):)

he's got 0 to work w/............ make the O better develop D over time.

1Gresham
2OLB
3Tebow
4That RT Laveour or wtf his name is

I'll Pass .... Defense cant protect Brady from injury..... give him weapons and another capable T or G (both would help):)

he's got 0 to work w/............ make the O better develop D over time.

1Gresham
2OLB
3Tebow
4That RT Laveour or wtf his name is
What ? Moss = zero and yet you want to draft Tebow ?

:bricks:

he has won me over.

Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale is the OT I meant

1Gresham
2OLB (who? kindle??)
3Tebow
4That RT Veldheer

I just thought of this...... take it w/ a grain

Last edited:
bottom line is we are not making it to the promiseland this yr.

Moss is great..... but he is 1 of 2 options we can rely on.

Tate if he is healthy is a 2-3... no legit TE (yet)

my quick 4 pick fixes needs.... believe it or not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots