PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source - Amendola had surgery on ankle and knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Edelman and him just do everything together.[emoji1300]

Well people can stop agonizing over whether we would have beaten Carolina in the Super Bowl. With Edelman and Amendola being that gimpy we would have had no shot.

I don't hate Amendola but to say he has have lived up to his contract here is a stretch. Nate Washington is kind of an after thought around here buy if anybody says Amnedola has been a better WR than Nate they need brain surgery. Nate have been model of consistency with crap QB's *minus Big Ben* would hate to see how he'll fair with Tom Brady.;) I am fool for Legit X-WR's.:cool:

I don't hate Amendola but to say he has have lived up to his contract here is a stretch. Nate Washington is kind of an after thought around here buy if anybody says Amnedola has been a better WR than Nate they need brain surgery. Nate have been model of consistency with crap QB's *minus Big Ben* would hate to see how he'll fair with Tom Brady.;) I am fool for Legit X-WR's.:cool:
Dola played a huge role in a SB victory, isn't that what they play the game for? That reason alone is good enough for me to say he was a good signing.

I'd actually be shocked if Edelman or Amendola return a punt or kick this year with Cyrus Jones, Malcolm Mitchell & others. Heck, they even used Patrick Chung over Amendola in KOs last season. They are most definitely two of the best returners in the league, but the risk is pretty high.

Amendola on the injury:

tumblr_mgaawjVzrd1rmh0vbo1_500.gif

o_O

These surgeries explain a lot of the offseason activity though. They cut Lafell and Gibson (who never made it to the final 53 of course), but signed two veteran wide outs (Hogan, Washington) and drafted another two (Mitchell, Lucien). Possible they think they may need them all if Edelman and Amendola need to start camp on PUP.

These surgeries explain a lot of the offseason activity though. They cut Lafell and Gibson (who never made it to the final 53 of course), but signed two veteran wide outs (Hogan, Washington) and drafted another two (Mitchell, Lucien). Possible they think they may need them all if Edelman and Amendola need to start camp on PUP.
Thats what I'm thinking too. They need camp bodies and if DA and JE make it back for Week 1, great. If they don't then the team is protected by having a whole bunch of other WRs that they can trot out there that will have some understanding of the offense.

Thats what I'm thinking too. They need camp bodies and if DA and JE make it back for Week 1, great. If they don't then the team is protected by having a whole bunch of other WRs that they can trot out there that will have some understanding of the offense.

While I don't like losing JE or DA for any period of time. I like the possibility of being able to protect a couple of receivers from waivers as teams are setting their rosters, as well as seeing if any of the young WRs can step up.

We could use a medical thread that tabulates injuries by date, severity, surgery dates, history, prognosis, all with links. Someone has to volunteer to be the medical Miguel. I believe that injuries are one of the most important predictors of success. It is a game of attrition: If we are healthy, we win. But we are never fully healthy.

Add in the fact that Chandler was also fighting through his knee issue (that might have ended his career) in the second half of the year and suddenly it becomes pretty clear why / how everything went to **** around the Denver game.

Might be wise to keep Amendola on PUP to start the season considering how many receivers the team has.

We could use a medical thread that tabulates injuries by date, severity, surgery dates, history, prognosis, all with links. Someone has to volunteer to be the medical Miguel. I believe that injuries are one of the most important predictors of success. If we are healthy, we win. But we are never fully healthy.

Yup, I bet BB will become a regular pen pal with whoever does it.

Be sure you have enough hard drive space to handle the x-rays and in-depth medical videos that BB will be attaching.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Might be wise to keep Amendola on PUP to start the season considering how many receivers the team has.
I'd active him, can always put him back on PUP later.

;)

Like I said when they first brought Hogan in, the guy provides a redundancy to both Edelman and Amendola that the team didn't have otherwise. He can line up at the X but he's also a guy that can get open and get in and out of his cuts quickly. Once Edelman went down and Amendola went gimpy, the Pats didn't have that last year and their offense bogged down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes