PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel: Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Faith. Or hope. Whatever you want to call it. But Easley and Mitchell are yelling "hi."

Busts happen for all kinds of reason. I personally am more at ease with taking on players with medical questions than any other type of questions they might carry with them.

Why ? Because the medical risk is at least reasonably quantifiable.

And I am not trying to defend the Patriots here. I find it wild that fans assume that teams in general don't do reasonable research when it comes to medical questions. Will they find everything in every case ? Nope. Will the projections be correct in every case ? Nope. But they still have a considerably more precise projection process with that than with most other aspects of a player entering the draft.

Last edited:
Sheesh and lol. And you guys calling me pretentious? I had no idea idea I was engaging in prickly badinage with the Minions of the Almighty.
Everything okay? You’ve been unbelievably ornery lately. Did your wife leave you for Long Schlong Silver and take the disgusting, ugly little rat in your avatar with her?

Well, I didn't think you were such an assh0le, but we all make mistakes.

Easley's knees are shot and have been a problem. If that weren't the case, he'd have gotten more playing time and made a bigger impact on the Rams (a team that doesn't seem to have issue with attitudes). But because his knees were shot, it eliminated his explosive first step off the snap which was the primary reason for his success at Florida. You also have the Gronkowskis and their history of being critical of the Patriots' medical staff with regard to his forearm injury in 2012 and going into 2013. You have the prior NFLPA grievance alleging that their medical staff put team needs ahead of health. You have the medical staff giving the team the go-ahead on Malcolm Mitchell even in spite of the knee issues that he came into the league with. There is plenty of evidence there that they miss sometimes. You can choose to put your faith in them if you'd like (and for the record, I think the Michel pick will pan out), but that's all it is. Faith. Or hope. Whatever you want to call it. But Easley and Mitchell are yelling "hi."

What? Easley played 45% of the snaps vs the Raiders Monday and looked solid.

What? Easley played 45% of the snaps vs the Raiders Monday and looked solid.

1 tackle is solid? Furthermore, this was the first time Easley played since 2016. The knees are definitely a issue.

1 tackle is solid? Furthermore, this was the first time Easley played since 2016. The knees are definitely a issue.

Judging a DT by number of tackles? Really? If that's the case then Aaron Donald is done too he had as many tackles with double the playing time

Easley plays OLB for them now. If I recall, he always wanted to trim down and play outside, probably because he thought there was more money there in the long run.

Anyway, we're straying off topic, which is supposed to be flaming Thel . . . er, discussing Michel.

Judging a DT by number of tackles? Really? If that's the case then Aaron Donald is done too he had as many tackles with double the playing time

Easley is an OLB now. You really just came in and said he looked "solid" on Monday night without even knowing which position he's playing for them now? Lmaooo.

Last edited:
Easley plays OLB for them now. If I recall, he always wanted to trim down and play outside, probably because he thought there was more money there in the long run.

Anyway, we're straying off topic, which is supposed to be flaming Thel . . . er, discussing Michel.

He looked solid at DT on Monday night.

piano.jpg

Searching for the “Sony Michel: Getting Ready” thread, anyone know where I can find it ?

They really should think about changing/updating the thread titles once they get hijacked.

Shouldn't we be activating Webb?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes