PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel: Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm less concerned with how he'll play. There's no question about his talent. I'm more interested in how much he'll play and if he can string together consecutive weeks without being rested or "managed". That injury is no joke and how much he plays as the season goes on will be telling for the longevity of his career.

For anyone interested, this piece sums up his situation pretty well.

Doctor Worried About Sony Michel's Career
Honestly i don't understand how the front offie could draft a player so high with so much injury history. Its like they decided they wanted him and ignored his knee problems going back to high school.

The Fragile Burkmeister at it again guy can't take a hit to save his life now I see why the Bungles used him so sparingly.

when was burkhead concussed? first hearing of it

A position of strength is now quickly weakened.

so if michel and burkhead can't go,,,what is the plan?

Honestly I'm less concerned with how he'll play. There's no question about his talent. I'm more interested in how much he'll play and if he can string together consecutive weeks without being rested or "managed". That injury is no joke and how much he plays as the season goes on will be telling for the longevity of his career.

For anyone interested, this piece sums up his situation pretty well.

Doctor Worried About Sony Michel's Career
Fantastic article.

Net-net: Sony needs to take care of his knee if he wants to play for a few more years.

I am allowed one every twenty years..no ??

Well, haven't been granted that privilege. Every time I name a binky, he either gets drafted by the Browns, Bills or Jete, or he suffers some horrible injury. Either way, he never plays for the Pats.

I hope Hollister can go need another decent size weapon out there with Gronk. I don't think we are going to be able to run it consistently on those boys they are Big and they can hit. James White should get a lot of snaps on Sunday.

Well, haven't been granted that privilege. Every time I name a binky, he either gets drafted by the Browns, Bills or Jete, or he suffers some horrible injury. Either way, he never plays for the Pats.

You don't pick binkies. They pick you!

A trade might have to be made because somehow all our RB depth has gone out the window in the span of 2 weeks.

so if michel and burkhead can't go,,,what is the plan?
Not any good options.

1. White and Barner the only RBs on the roster and Barner doesn't know the plays. So White could play the entire game and go with a lot of screens. I don't see him rushing for many yards and that many snaps reduces his effectiveness on passing downs.

2. Webb is on PS and knows the plays, but signing him means releasing someone else. At least then you have a back to absorb carries so White can do his 3rd down thing effectively.

I think they are being cautious with Michel returning from surgery and the thing is it takes time to build up the quads so I doubt he plays. Burkhead could play if he clears concussion protocol, which is difficult to predict.

Better chance for Michel.

My guess: Brady will rely on Gronk, Dorsett, Hogan Patterson, White, Develin and Allen. Chance they design a few plays for Patterson and perhaps even Coleman, who could be a playmaker (otherwise lacking). Hopefully Josh is more creative than I am.

orleans darkwa would do

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey